Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I guess my point was that it can be a 'meal replacement' without someone 'swooping in' and stealing all the appetizers. You seem to be criticizing anyone who doesn't want a full meal besides what is at the lounge. For some people, this amount of food is very adequate. I'm not saying your football player son would be satisfied, but many adults and light eaters, and young children can easily use the snacks as 'meal replacement' without being 'inconsiderate'.

I think sometimes folks see this in an either/or way. There are more options beyond dining in the lounge or having a huge multi-course extravaganza in addition to lounge appetizers. :)

Some days we have a mid-afternoon lunch, and then enjoy some snacks in the lounge later.

On other occasions, we enjoy a few appetizers in the lounge, and then have reservations. Dinner for 2 for us is frequently a combo of an app or two, a couple of salads or vegetables depending on what looks good to us. It's lighter than a traditional dinner, and we love being able to choose and and share a little of this or that.

And if you're lucky enough to be at WDW during Food and Wine, booths here and there during the day combined with lounge snacks in the evening make for a really nice combination.

Now I'm really missing WDW and Boardwalk Inn. Can't wait till we're back and I can stop and enjoy that lovely lounge! :)

I guess my point was that it can be a 'meal replacement' without someone 'swooping in' and stealing all the appetizers. You seem to be criticizing anyone who doesn't want a full meal besides what is at the lounge. For some people, this amount of food is very adequate. I'm not saying your football player son would be satisfied, but many adults and light eaters, and young children can easily use the snacks as 'meal replacement' without being 'inconsiderate'.

That's fine. Again, I'm stating *my opinion* as someone who goes to WDW and looks forward to the food options around the resorts and parks even more than the rides and attractions themselves. You're free to enjoy the lounge food as a meal replacement, and lots of folks seem to whether or not they're taking whole trays of food for themselves or just picking and choosing small portions like everyone else. But once again, the CL food isn't intended to serve as a replacement for lunch and supper, but instead as a light snack or treat for all the guests staying CL to enjoy. I think potential first-time CL guests who come to the boards need to be aware of this when they're planning their dining options.

That's fine. Again, I'm stating *my opinion* as someone who goes to WDW and looks forward to the food options around the resorts and parks even more than the rides and attractions themselves. You're free to enjoy the lounge food as a meal replacement, and lots of folks seem to whether or not they're taking whole trays of food for themselves or just picking and choosing small portions like everyone else. But once again, the CL food isn't intended to serve as a replacement for lunch and supper, but instead as a light snack or treat for all the guests staying CL to enjoy. I think potential first-time CL guests who come to the boards need to be aware of this when they're planning their dining options.
Dining at Disney is a big part of the experience for us too. There is nothing like having a filet at Narcoossee's or the pork tenderloin at Cali Grill while taking in the amazing views...followed by Wishes!! But sometimes, you just get tired of eating SO much. We usually like to reserve one night each trip to stay at the resort and just swim and relax without having to get ready for a two hour dinner. On nights like those, we do get a couple of entrees to split from the local QS restaurant, but we eat a lot, so we wouldn't count on just appetizers for dinner. But I can see where it would be more than enough for some people. Two glasses of wine at 120 calories each and a few appetizers would be more than enough to last until dessert time:) I suppose this is the either/or situation Gwynne mentioned (eating at restaurants sometimes but staying in sometimes). I don't have a problem with people using CL for dinner if they don't stack their plates high (I have seen this too) as others described. If someone had a late lunch at a place like Crystal Palace, they may not be able to eat a full dinner. In this situation, I'm not sure it would really qualify as a "meal" anyway. It would probably only be more of a snack. I think people just need to use common sense... If you eat a lot, you should probably supplement the CL food with some QS entrees, if you decide to stay at the resort one night. But I do think people would be missing out by not eating at Disney restaurants at least sometimes:)

Dining at Disney is a big part of the experience for us too. There is nothing like having a filet at Narcoossee's or the pork tenderloin at Cali Grill while taking in the amazing views...followed by Wishes!! But sometimes, you just get tired of eating SO much. We usually like to reserve one night each trip to stay at the resort and just swim and relax without having to get ready for a two hour dinner. On nights like those, we do get a couple of entrees to split from the local QS restaurant, but we eat a lot, so we wouldn't count on just appetizers for dinner. But I can see where it would be more than enough for some people. Two glasses of wine at 120 calories each and a few appetizers would be more than enough to last until dessert time:) I suppose this is the either/or situation Gwynne mentioned (eating at restaurants sometimes but staying in sometimes). I don't have a problem with people using CL for dinner if they don't stack their plates high (I have seen this too) as others described. If someone had a late lunch at a place like Crystal Palace, they may not be able to eat a full dinner. In this situation, I'm not sure it would really qualify as a "meal" anyway. It would probably only be more of a snack. I think people just need to use common sense... If you eat a lot, you should probably supplement the CL food with some QS entrees, if you decide to stay at the resort one night. But I do think people would be missing out by not eating at Disney restaurants at least sometimes:)

You hit the nail on the head in my opinion! We typically do a two week stay. The first week we hit up all our must do restaurants. Second week, (past 2 years) we stop in at WL CL before heading back to the parks. By no means are we full, so later that night, we do a QS inside the parks! This way works best for us. We don't want to take too much time at full service restaurants while at the parks so we can enjoy all the rides.

I do understand what the one poster has written... Last year a woman with her two children thought they were at an all you can eat buffet at WL CL. They were the only ones with stacks of everything that was on display on their tables! People were complaining within the food area but nothing was said to them. To each their own, but it's not what we do.

Exactly! I don't think any of us were saying to not ever go out and that it's a "meal replacement," but the original question had to do with CL and DDP, which for many of us is just too much food. Frankly, we don't want the DDP even when we don't stay CL. With our main, sit down meal at lunch, we are fine some nights with the light appetizers and picking up something in the parks (sometimes sharing) since I guess we just don't see WDW as a place to eat and eat and eat. We do have sit down dinners at places we don't want to miss, but we often end up sharing portions since we just aren't hungry enough to order 3 items for each person... that's why the DDP doesn't work for us.

Nobody should be taking all the apps in the lounge... We once were at an all-you-can-eat buffet and the woman in front of me picked up an entire platter of eggs benedict right out of the chafing dish and took it to her table. :rolleyes1 So I do get the point.

I'm hoping someone knows a bit about discounts. I remember hearing that deluxe rooms are not discounted when/if discount offers come out - but do they ever qualify for an AP discount? Thanks!

I'm hoping someone knows a bit about discounts. I remember hearing that deluxe rooms are not discounted when/if discount offers come out - but do they ever qualify for an AP discount? Thanks!
Deluxe rooms are sometimes included in the discounts...evidently it depends on which resort you want and what your dates are during a particular offer. I was able to get a discount on my upcoming stay in GF RPC in a deluxe room, but others going to GF who tried to get a discount under the same offer with different dates were unable to get a discount (for a deluxe room or even a standard room). This has been a big topic of conversation on the GF thread recently. And yes, I am hoping to get a better AP discount on my reservation. I have always been able to get one in the past, but things have changed SO much...so I'm not counting on it.

Regarding the taking of food on CL, I have been known to get the food for others in my family who are ALSO on CL and take it back to the room for them. If anyone had ever asked me, I would gladly have said that was what I was doing. Of course, I am in the minority I am sure since I too have seen people "gaming the system" on all kinds of things. Our family classifies that sort of thing as "not very magical" and we just move along. Eventually, it all comes down to kindergarten rules - one person misbehaves and no one gets to go out for recess. Hopefully, CL stays the lovely experience I have had the past couple of years.

Fortunately, BWI has recently upgraded their lounge offerings! TinkerbellLiz just returned from her trip there and posted a summary of offerings on the BWI thread. Evidently, they've added meats and cheeses to breakfast, two types of tea sandwiches during snack time, and soups, etc. in the evening! It sounds really good:)
Thank you so much for this information. I will check out that thread and see if I can find the menu. Sounds wonderful!

Hi, I have a bit of an oddball question but here goes. Does the CR atrium CL offer gold peak tea in the lounge similar to what the QSRs offer?

Hi, I have a bit of an oddball question but here goes. Does the CR atrium CL offer gold peak tea in the lounge similar to what the QSRs offer?
I float from one CL to another so sometimes I forget what I saw where however I usually only see iced tea in the containers like they put the orange juice in. Usually it is out except breakfast.

Anybody else know something different please correct me.

Going to look for a pic of the drinks. Be back soon.

Ok, I am having a hard time deciding between WL deluxe and BWI deluxe room. We are only going to be there 3 nights, but we loved WL club level last time. With the construction at WL and F&W, I am leaning towards BWI. There is not much information on that particular club lounge on the boards, so if anyone has stayed there I would love input. I also don't see a list of the food offerings there, does anyone have a copy? Thanks for all the help!!

We just returned from BWI last week. I actually posted most of my comments over there but I'll copy the offerings here. DH and I also had an anniversary dinner at Shula's and it is INCREDIBLE. There are a few pictures over there as well.

Food offerings:

Morning offerings include oatmeal, charcuterie (ham salami and prosciutto) and cheeses, fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs and 2 types of pastries.

Snack is pictured above and had the make your own trail mix, 2 types of tea sandwiches ( made with fresh basil!) fruit, chips, dips and cookies.

The tea sandwiches were out from 11:30 to 4.

Evenings included a soup (tomato basil and cream of potato) vegetarian roll up, and a seafood offering. If I'm remembering correctly, the charcuterie plate was out then too.

Beer and wine were out for serve yourself during this time but you could ask for it any time the staff was there.

We didn't eat any of the desserts but I remember a tiramisu out and some brownie pastries I think (sorry!) We did have the Amarula in decaf coffee some evenings!

Hope this helps!

Liz

We just returned from BWI last week. I actually posted most of my comments over there but I'll copy the offerings here. DH and I also had an anniversary dinner at Shula's and it is INCREDIBLE. There are a few pictures over there as well.

Food offerings:

Morning offerings include oatmeal, charcuterie (ham salami and prosciutto) and cheeses, fresh fruits, hard boiled eggs and 2 types of pastries.

Snack is pictured above and had the make your own trail mix, 2 types of tea sandwiches ( made with fresh basil!) fruit, chips, dips and cookies.

The tea sandwiches were out from 11:30 to 4.

Evenings included a soup (tomato basil and cream of potato) vegetarian roll up, and a seafood offering. If I'm remembering correctly, the charcuterie plate was out then too.

Beer and wine were out for serve yourself during this time but you could ask for it any time the staff was there.

We didn't eat any of the desserts but I remember a tiramisu out and some brownie pastries I think (sorry!) We did have the Amarula in decaf coffee some evenings!

Hope this helps!

Liz
Ohhhhhhhh. I have a BWI stay late fall and that sounds amazing.

Club Level DISers! :hug:
For future club level guests: Let us know your resort and dates, we'll add you to our upcoming club level guest list! A fun way to see who might be staying with you at the same resort on club level. Maybe even arrange to meet! It's always great to put a face to a name! :goodvibes To be added just PM your info to TigrLvsPooh (Erika Murphy) or comment on the thread.
Atrium Club/Tower Club at Disney's Contemporary Resort
mommyrosa2 - August 12-14, 2015
karasmom - September 3-6, 2015 (14th floor tower club)
MinnieMeep - September 16-20, 2015
Gryhndmom - September 25-27, 2015

Texas Mickey - October 9-16, 2015
travelgoddess - October 24-31, 2015
Ewoks - October 25-31, 2015 (14th floor tower club)

FocusonDisney - December 12-16, 2015 (14th floor tower club)

King Kamehameha Club at Disney's Polynesian Resort

DisneyDreamer06 - July 26-30, 2015
mommyrosa2 - August 14-20, 2015
aw14 - August 20-25, 2015
jesster - August 22-30, 2015
Seaspray - August 24-31, 2015
jdd - July 26-August 1, 2015
LUVDisney1975 - August 8-14, 2015
nanhol - August 16-25, 2015
jennyjinx3 - August 30 - September 5, 2015
dellasgirl - September 12-19, 2015
TheLittleKatie - September 22 - October 6, 2015
Mrsktbrown - September 30-October 5, 2015
magpugs - October 7-13, 2015
dmetcalfrn - October 10-17, 2015
CynBeth - November 20-24, 2015
amf1016 - June 18-26, 2016

Royal Palm Club at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

PamelaKay - September 15-18, 2015
Dispro1 - October 7-12, 2015

Sugarloaf Club at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

TigrLvsPooh - July 31-August 2, 2015
cdnjason - August 15-22, 2015
trishadono - August 16-20, 2015
pas130 - August 18-20, 2015

Old Faithful Club at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

IzzyLovesMickey - July 23-25, 2015
nyy - August 7-16, 2015
Corinne - September 12-16, 2015
Sarah627 - September 30 - October 3, 2015
jlhill4444 - October 7-10, 2015
PamelaKay - October 17-24, 2015
Disney2013Girl - October 26 - November 2, 2015
aVASTGrl - October 27-November 3, 2015
disneybounddd - November 5-9, 2015
mrsap - November 28-December 5, 2015

Inkeeper's Club at Disney's Boardwalk Inn

Wheelwatcher - July 18-22, 2015
TinkerbellLiz - July 25-29, 2015
MinnieMeep - September 12-16, 2015
Weeniecat2442 - October 1-10, 2015
jlundeen - October 16-23, 2015
BionicEar - November 4-7, 2015
chimo2u - November 7-11, 2015
Ninja Mom - November 28 - December 13, 2015
Dispro1 - December 3-6, 2015

Stone Harbor Club at Disney's Beach Club Resort

catho72 - July 14-25, 2015
IzzyLovesMickey - July 17-23, 2015

TigrLvsPooh - July 25-31, 2015
isaboo - July 31-August 5, 2015
Disneyholic42509 - August 11-16, 2015

pas130 - August 13-18, 2015
DisneyMomx7 - August 20-31, 2015
jennyjinx3 - August 24-30, 2015
karasmom - August 31-September 3, 2015
KerryCM - September 3-10, 2015
wdisneyaholic - July 18-24, 2015
FocusonDisney - December 16-19, 2015

Kilimanjaro Club at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Pandv_2000 - August 15-29, 2015
Benchley - August 26-Sept 2, 2015
Katie424kali - August 29-Sept 1, 2015

ella74 - September 13-20, 2015
NicoleLarson - October 10-12, 2015
TeeterTots - October 31 - November 3, 2015
RobynPriness - November 20-26, 2015
CynBeth - November 24-29, 2015
NicoleLarson - December 10-12, 2015
Lovinallthingsdisney - December 13-23, 2015
chrisc88 - December 24-27, 2015
Disneybee - February 17-23, 2016
TeeterTots - April 17-23, 2016
RebelSoul - April 27 - May 2, 2016

Club Level DISers! :hug:
For future club level guests: Let us know your resort and dates, we'll add you to our upcoming club level guest list! A fun way to see who might be staying with you at the same resort on club level. Maybe even arrange to meet! It's always great to put a face to a name! :goodvibes To be added just PM your info to TigrLvsPooh (Erika Murphy) or comment on the thread.
Atrium Club/Tower Club at Disney's Contemporary Resort
mommyrosa2 - August 12-14, 2015
karasmom - September 3-6, 2015 (14th floor tower club)
MinnieMeep - September 16-20, 2015
Gryhndmom - September 25-27, 2015

Texas Mickey - October 9-16, 2015
travelgoddess - October 24-31, 2015
Ewoks - October 25-31, 2015 (14th floor tower club)

FocusonDisney - December 12-16, 2015 (14th floor tower club)

King Kamehameha Club at Disney's Polynesian Resort

DisneyDreamer06 - July 26-30, 2015
mommyrosa2 - August 14-20, 2015
aw14 - August 20-25, 2015
jesster - August 22-30, 2015
Seaspray - August 24-31, 2015
jdd - July 26-August 1, 2015
LUVDisney1975 - August 8-14, 2015
nanhol - August 16-25, 2015
jennyjinx3 - August 30 - September 5, 2015
dellasgirl - September 12-19, 2015
TheLittleKatie - September 22 - October 6, 2015
Mrsktbrown - September 30-October 5, 2015
magpugs - October 7-13, 2015
dmetcalfrn - October 10-17, 2015
CynBeth - November 20-24, 2015
amf1016 - June 18-26, 2016

Royal Palm Club at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

PamelaKay - September 15-18, 2015
Dispro1 - October 7-12, 2015

Sugarloaf Club at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

TigrLvsPooh - July 31-August 2, 2015
cdnjason - August 15-22, 2015
trishadono - August 16-20, 2015
pas130 - August 18-20, 2015

Old Faithful Club at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

IzzyLovesMickey - July 23-25, 2015
nyy - August 7-16, 2015
Corinne - September 12-16, 2015
Sarah627 - September 30 - October 3, 2015
jlhill4444 - October 7-10, 2015
PamelaKay - October 17-24, 2015
Disney2013Girl - October 26 - November 2, 2015
aVASTGrl - October 27-November 3, 2015
disneybounddd - November 5-9, 2015
mrsap - November 28-December 5, 2015

Inkeeper's Club at Disney's Boardwalk Inn

Wheelwatcher - July 18-22, 2015
TinkerbellLiz - July 25-29, 2015
MinnieMeep - September 12-16, 2015
Weeniecat2442 - October 1-10, 2015
jlundeen - October 16-23, 2015
BionicEar - November 4-7, 2015
chimo2u - November 7-11, 2015
Ninja Mom - November 28 - December 13, 2015
Dispro1 - December 3-6, 2015

Stone Harbor Club at Disney's Beach Club Resort

catho72 - July 14-25, 2015
IzzyLovesMickey - July 17-23, 2015

TigrLvsPooh - July 25-31, 2015
isaboo - July 31-August 5, 2015
Disneyholic42509 - August 11-16, 2015

pas130 - August 13-18, 2015
DisneyMomx7 - August 20-31, 2015
jennyjinx3 - August 24-30, 2015
karasmom - August 31-September 3, 2015
KerryCM - September 3-10, 2015
wdisneyaholic - July 18-24, 2015
FocusonDisney - December 16-19, 2015

Kilimanjaro Club at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Pandv_2000 - August 15-29, 2015
Benchley - August 26-Sept 2, 2015
Katie424kali - August 29-Sept 1, 2015

ella74 - September 13-20, 2015
NicoleLarson - October 10-12, 2015
TeeterTots - October 31 - November 3, 2015
RobynPriness - November 20-26, 2015
CynBeth - November 24-29, 2015
NicoleLarson - December 10-12, 2015
Lovinallthingsdisney - December 13-23, 2015
chrisc88 - December 24-27, 2015
Disneybee - February 17-23, 2016
TeeterTots - April 17-23, 2016
RebelSoul - April 27 - May 2, 2016

Thanks for the reminder, CarolCPA! I've posted a few questions, but never actually asked to be added to the list. Could you please add me for the Poly August 15-23, 2015 and the CR Atrium Club Dec 23-29, 2015? Thanks!

Ohhhhhhhh. I have a BWI stay late fall and that sounds amazing.
I don't see you on the list, so I don't know when you are going, but please let us all know your experience when you return (pics would be great). I'm going to BWI for the first time in early December, and my DH is a bit nervous about it...we are GF lovers who have only strayed a few times to stay at BC and Poly. I'm pretty excited to try a new CL/resort, especially after Liz's review, so I hope your experience is great too!!

Thanks for the reminder, CarolCPA! I've posted a few questions, but never actually asked to be added to the list. Could you please add me for the Poly August 15-23, 2015 and the CR Atrium Club Dec 23-29, 2015? Thanks!
Wow! Going over Christmas! You're a brave person:)

Wow! Going over Christmas! You're a brave person:)

We've never been over Christmas, and honestly I never thought we would. But everything lined up this year, and my DH suggested it. So i did what I had to do and said Yes:rotfl: We've never stayed at the CR and my DS has wanted to, and it will be over (almost)his birthday (we arrive the day after), so we thought this would be a good time to try it. We can walk to the MK, which I'm hoping helps a lot at least with the crowds getting to the MK. We'll see, maybe I'll never want to go back that time again! But I'll have done it once!

Got you added! :)

Sorry I've been MIA, we just got back from WDW and I'm sick! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter