Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

They aren't real hardwood floors although it took a bubble by the bathroom door in our room (number 5199) for me to be 100% sure. They are linoleum or vinyl flooring strips probably made by a company named Amtico. As long as they bought extra and stored them in a locale where the sun can fade them same as the installed flooring a strip can be added or subtracted with more ease than true hardwood flooring. Before I sold my pre-war apartment we replaced the existing 1920's hardwood flooring and boy oh boy was that a financial workout. Cost 45K to upgrade all rooms excepting the bathrooms and kitchen which boiled down to about 1500 sq ft. We opted to add border strips in different darker coloured wood and did parquet in the public rooms but that was in keeping with the apartment's age and decor. Not cheap but obviously long lasting.
As I sat on the terrace I dreamt of covering the roofs in moss with slate tiles and pebbles.....oops:D.
Hey are you the lady i met in the Cr Atrium lounge that was transferring to YC?

Hope you enjoyed your split.

So I’ve been dieting for a few months and lost a decent amount of weight before our recent trip. (Yay!) I finally just had the nerve to weigh myself for the first time since returning home. Despite all the walking and sweating in the July humidity, I gained 8 pounds. I have one of those “smart” scales and a message popped up on the app asking if I was the same person. Unlimited carbs and alcohol. #clublevelproblems

Editing to add a couple pounds already came off, so it’s likely just water weight :)
Congratulations on your weight loss! It is a real struggle!!!

Hey are you the lady i met in the Cr Atrium lounge that was transferring to YC?

Hope you enjoyed your split.
Yes that be me and how was your stay as well?
It was fun staying at the 2 different hotels and we dinna lose any children during the move at least permanently.....

Are you still planning to write a trip report? I'm looking forward to reading it!

Last edited:
Yes that be me and how was your stay as well?
It was fun staying at the 2 different hotels and we dinna lose any children during the move at least permanently.....

Are you still planning to write a trip report? I'm looking forward to reading it!
I posted lots of pix a few pages back on my CR stay. (Both CR thread and cl threads)We had not stayed there in a few years.

Both resorts were good stays. There were far more cms in the lounge at poly than I have ever seen. I was sad when the young cm Ryan was missing from gf in May but then I found her at Poly! She is a sweetie!

I am actually planning on doing a gf/CR/poly comparison since I did all 3 in 6 weeks. I need to make some notes 1st.

So glad your family is still intact too:rotfl2:

Right, I'm using the word "hardwood" as a catchall. I did assume they were the manufactured type.

I guess a throw rug would be nice; sort of a combo of wood and carpet.
Right. Hardwood has taken on a generic meaning these days. Much like kleenex can be used as a generic word for tissue (in some regions) and coke can be used as a generic word for soda (in some regions)
There are many times where a brand or descriptive word transforms to cover a more generic meaning. Hardwood is often used to cover all solid surface just because it's easier to use when you don't know the materials used than solid surface
I'm sure no one thinks that Disney used real hardwood, or even manufactured hardwood, in the resort rooms. In the environment they are used in they would have to be vinyl plank. It is the only thing that would be durable enough, and that's going to be a stretch as it is. We are currently researching vinyl plank options to use to replace some tile so I know it was very obvious to me that's what they used.

I’m also with you on the “hardwood” floors (faux or otherwise), more than anything else they just seem very... hard. After a long day of walking in the parks, the old carpeting is easier on the feet. Even with the slippers I always bring, the hardwood is just not as forgiving!
Must be that we are so used to it since it's all I have at home but it never has bothered me. Now, when we first moved in to our house I agree, even without long days at the park, my feet killed me after even a day unpacking at home. But now, it doesn't make any difference to me in the room. But, we never walk around barefoot anyway. Crocs were made (not really, but in my opinion their best use is) anyone who has solid surface flooring.

I am curious to know if they do that for you. DSS used to do it and then a few months ago I asked about them checking for California Grill since it was booked and they said via email that they couldn't. I knew I should have called to speak to someone else but I didn't.
DSS was really unhelpful about that sort of thing when I used them last year. I asked on a couple different reservations and they said they could check right then but they could not keep checking and that I could contact them or check on my own whenever I wanted to check if something had opened.

I posted lots of pix a few pages back on my CR stay. (Both CR thread and cl threads)We had not stayed there in a few years.

Both resorts were good stays. There were far more cms in the lounge at poly than I have ever seen. I was sad when the young cm Ryan was missing from gf in May but then I found her at Poly! She is a sweetie!

I am actually planning on doing a gf/CR/poly comparison since I did all 3 in 6 weeks. I need to make some notes 1st.

So glad your family is still intact too:rotfl2:

Ryan is at Poly now?!!!! My kids Loved her!!! How about Francisco? Is he still at RPC?!

DSS was really unhelpful about that sort of thing when I used them last year. I asked on a couple different reservations and they said they could check right then but they could not keep checking and that I could contact them or check on my own whenever I wanted to check if something had opened.

That is so weird because I have done this for two years now. Last year I wanted BOG for our friends daughter's birthday and they checked for about a week and then all of a sudden the reservation was in my MDE account. It is weird how some will do it and some won't. Yet this year I can't get anyone to do it. Yet it was offered to me 2 years ago. I hope you get your reservation. I am still trying for mine.

Last edited:
I've never understood the point of using DSS for ADR. They can't get anything you can't get yourself, they don't have an access to any secret stash or anything. They don't work all that early, for instance, they open after the booking windows open. To me it just seems so much easier to just search myself. I have just as much a chance to randomly find an opening pop up as they do. I actually find it better to just put in 2 searches at Touring Plans. Sure saves dealing with the will they or won't they question too.

I've never understood the point of using DSS for ADR. They can't get anything you can't get yourself, they don't have an access to any secret stash or anything. They don't work all that early, for instance, they open after the booking windows open. To me it just seems so much easier to just search myself. I have just as much a chance to randomly find an opening pop up as they do. I actually find it better to just put in 2 searches at Touring Plans. Sure saves dealing with the will they or won't they question too.
I used them last year because when my ADR window opened I was flying over the Pacific and then I tried to use them when I wanted to make some changes and couldn't find what I wanted (hoping they had access to some other system or could call restaurants or something) but no luck. Touring Plans was far more helpful in snagging me that BOG dinner!

I’m always carded for alcohol (I look quite young) and I’m wondering how self-pour CLs handle this? (I really don’t relish the idea of being asked to show my drivers license in the middle of relaxing with a glass of wine or having a conversation with my family).

Last edited:
I’m always carded for alcohol (I look quite young) and I’m wondering how self-pour CLs handle this? (I really don’t relish the idea of being asked to show my drivers license in the middle of relaxin with a glass wine or having a conversation with my family).

My wife has been carded several times at Disney property and Universal property, I have been only once at any CL that was HRH of all places!

I’m always carded for alcohol (I look quite young) and I’m wondering how self-pour CLs handle this? (I really don’t relish the idea of being asked to show my drivers license in the middle of relaxin with a glass wine or having a conversation with my family).
DD is carded all the time too (she's 33) but she's never been in the CL with us.
If you are the one to have booked the room, and they have access to your info and know you are you, they'll probably just put the 2 and 2 together and know that way. Worse case, they may ask once but once they know, they'll not ask each time. I know in all my times in the lounges I've never witnessed them asking for IDs a lot so I do think they have ways to handle it that aren't too disruptive for the guests.

I’m always carded for alcohol (I look quite young) and I’m wondering how self-pour CLs handle this? (I really don’t relish the idea of being asked to show my drivers license in the middle of relaxing with a glass of wine or having a conversation with my family).

Not that common, but I have seen CMs at the self-pour CLs ask for ID. Usually more for the 20's looking crowd than anyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter