Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

My husband, son and I are definitely doing the 10k. I am registered for the Princess Half (as part of the Fairy Tale Challenge). Had some setbacks in training due to an injury in the fall, but may try to walk it. It will be a game day (or night before) decision on my part.

Best of luck at PHM! For my PHM five years ago (can’t believe it has been that long !) I did indeed walk part of the race and still finished under the time limit so don’t worry... you can do this !:flower1:

Yep, she’s doing both races. Her GF had to bail due to some family commitments, so rather than her making the trip alone I quickly volunteered for duty. A long weekend at Disney without the kids? Don’t mind if I do! :rotfl:
Best of luck to DW!!:cool1:and love your sacrifice to go with her for support...after all everyone needs a second (or third, or fourth!)honeymoon!:banana:

Ok all-knowing CL friends, we have an adults-only trip scheduled for Poly CL in April and I just found out that we could stay at GF CL (Sugarloaf) for a tiny bit more a night. We have never stayed at either of these resorts, so I'm really torn. If you had the choice between the two, which would you choose and why? This will be our last trip for a while and it's short (only 3 nights) so I'm not interested in doing a split stay. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

For us even if the GF SL CL was less money than the Poly CL we wouldn't take it. We stayed there once and was not thrilled with it. For us the Poly has a lovely theme and relaxing feel to it. The Sugar Loaf lounge is our least favorite CL lounge. Also the rooms around the lounge of the SL lounge can hear all of the people eating early - as we have older kids that like to sleep in. The Poly as a whole is beautiful and would definitely stay there.

Thanks @GADisneyDad14 and @DisneyFansInNYC for your honesty!! I was leaning in the direction of Poly but have heard so many great things about GF (not so much SL CL but the resort in general) that I thought I would be crazy to not consider it. At the heart of things outside of WDW, my DH and I are beach people. The island vibe of Poly is definitely appealing so I think we will stick with what we originally booked! Yay!!!

Thanks @GADisneyDad14 and @DisneyFansInNYC for your honesty!! I was leaning in the direction of Poly but have heard so many great things about GF (not so much SL CL but the resort in general) that I thought I would be crazy to not consider it. At the heart of things outside of WDW, my DH and I are beach people. The island vibe of Poly is definitely appealing so I think we will stick with what we originally booked! Yay!!!

We absolutely love the vibe of the Poly - to us the GF does not have that type of vibe. The Hawaii building itself is so convenient to both pools, the beach to watch the fireworks and the main building. Plus the lounge view - it is lovely. You will love the Poly. Come back and let us know.

We absolutely love the vibe of the Poly - to us the GF does not have that type of vibe. The Hawaii building itself is so convenient to both pools, the beach to watch the fireworks and the main building. Plus the lounge view - it is lovely. You will love the Poly. Come back and let us know.

@DisneyFansInNYC, I absolutely will!! I just watched your amazing family video and still have tears in my eyes. What a beautiful memory for your family to have about your trip. Just amazing! Your uplifting spirits just shine through in the video! I am so very sorry about the loss of your aunt. My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish there was an appropriate emoji for me to send you big hugs across the internet! Oh wait, I found one!! :hug:

I was wondering if you were able to get a TSMM Fastpass for May? I know they aren't available for April and trying to have a plan before I speak to DSS on the 26th (Can you tell I am counting down the days?)[/QUOTE
I asked and it wasn't available (our dates are 5/1-6). LOL I've been counting down the days, too since we booked at end of December. We're at 68 or 67 now and I've made a packing list, lol. I just want a vacation alone with my husband and we enjoyed it so much last May. We have our family shore week (at the jersey shore, we live in NJ) end of July/first week in August but, we are looking forward to CR and Flower & Garden Festival and Disney.

Ok you guys, I have a confession to make. I just went to the lounge in my pj pants and top.....I know, I know, it's horrible. But in my defense my room is just steps from the lounge and that Nespresso machine was calling my name. So I peek out and see there's just 1 guy out there getting coffee, no big deal. So I'm waiting behind him and ask where he got his to go coffee cup from. And it's Jeff Galloway! Now for those of you non runners...he's the Dalai lama of run disney! Oh how I wanted to tell him how his training programs have changed my life, ask him tips on my upcoming run...... But no! I'm standing there in my PJS! So NEVER GO TO THE LOUNGE IN YOUR PJS!

Ok you guys, I have a confession to make. I just went to the lounge in my pj pants and top.....I know, I know, it's horrible. But in my defense my room is just steps from the lounge and that Nespresso machine was calling my name. So I peek out and see there's just 1 guy out there getting coffee, no big deal. So I'm waiting behind him and ask where he got his to go coffee cup from. And it's Jeff Galloway! Now for those of you non runners...he's the Dalai lama of run disney! Oh how I wanted to tell him how his training programs have changed my life, ask him tips on my upcoming run...... But no! I'm standing there in my PJS! So NEVER GO TO THE LOUNGE IN YOUR PJS!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Great split with the best of both worlds. Eliminating bus time logic makes total sense to me. So hard to choose with all resorts having their perks. Fun to squeeze a couple in. Go big or go home!

I agree ::yes::

@mickeynut1 - hope you get to try AKL some day!

Thanks! We've had 2 great stays there (short ones) but have never tried CL. I love AKL and am always reading great things about CL, so I'm hoping to possibly try it later this year :goodvibes.

This will be our first split stay BWI and Poly CL.

We usually have days at each park kinda sprinkled throughout the trip but we are going to try doing only EP and HS during our BWI stay and MK and AK during our Poly stay. I thought this would minimize some travel time and be a bit more relaxing. We will see how it goes!

The best of both worlds! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I was leaning in the direction of Poly but have heard so many great things about GF (not so much SL CL but the resort in general) that I thought I would be crazy to not consider it. At the heart of things outside of WDW, my DH and I are beach people. The island vibe of Poly is definitely appealing so I think we will stick with what we originally booked! Yay!!!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. We haven't stayed CL at the Poly, but have stayed standard at Poly as well as GF SL and my thoughts mirror those of GADisneyDad and DisneyFansInNYC. I'm excited to try Poly CL this fall and while I'm glad I tried GF SL, I wasn't impressed. The GF overall is very nice, but I think the Poly is more relaxing/laid back. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's completely hilarious and very sound advice!!!! We have run into Jeff Galloway a few times at the AKL CL lounge over the various marathon weekends, he even recognizes my crazy husband now. We also ran into the guys from Hansons-Brooks running at Boma, and my husband was totally star struck when they invited him over to say hi.

:jumping1::jumping1:

@DisneyFansInNYC, I absolutely will!! I just watched your amazing family video and still have tears in my eyes. What a beautiful memory for your family to have about your trip. Just amazing! Your uplifting spirits just shine through in the video! I am so very sorry about the loss of your aunt. My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish there was an appropriate emoji for me to send you big hugs across the internet! Oh wait, I found one!! :hug:

Well you made me teary eyed. Thank you so much for your absolutely lovely post. We all have issues in our lives that we have to deal with and each day my DH and I teach our kids to try to make someone's day a little easier - or happier. I feel the Disboards are the same thing. It gives people time to plan and dream about being in a happy place. Thank you for the emoji - I love it and thanks for taking the time to watch our videos. :love:

Well you made me teary eyed. Thank you so much for your absolutely lovely post. We all have issues in our lives that we have to deal with and each day my DH and I teach our kids to try to make someone's day a little easier - or happier. I feel the Disboards are the same thing. It gives people time to plan and dream about being in a happy place. Thank you for the emoji - I love it and thanks for taking the time to watch our videos. :love:

:disrocks: :grouphug: :love:

Hello DIS CL friends

I just recently found out that I could upgrade my stay at the AKL to a CL level. We're DVC members so I called and now I'm on a waiting list. Crossing my fingers we get it as it is my kids first visit with us as DVC members. In any case, I heard that there is free liquor offered in the lounge, is this true? Also, how do you guys like the AKL CL? Anyone have recent pictures?

TIA

OMG...pj’s or not I would have absolutely told him how much you have liked his training programs...I do too! And besides....people wear pj’s to Walmart all the time so in my book not so bad to wear them to the lounge for a quick cup of coffee!:wave:

I posted this in another thread but I will ask here:

I have 5 nts booked at Poly CL in Oct. I just saw that I can book 3 nts at BWI Deluxe CL that week and am thinking about doing that for our last 3 nts and keeping the first 3 nts at Poly CL. What do you guys think? I’ve been to Poly, not BWI. BWI looks nice, especially for the kids. Thanks.

Having stayed at both club levels at both resorts definitely stay at the BWI as well since you have the chance. We got moved to the Polynesian by Disney one year and even got upgraded to a bungalow. Nice but not the Boardwalk. Definitely not the CMs we have grown close to over the years. Plus deluxe rooms at the Boardwalk are so nice. Lots of room. The Boardwalk is also very convenient being able to walk to two parks as well.

Having stayed at both club levels at both resorts definitely stay at the BWI as well since you have the chance. We got moved to the Polynesian by Disney one year and even got upgraded to a bungalow. Nice but not the Boardwalk. Definitely not the CMs we have grown close to over the years. Plus deluxe rooms at the Boardwalk are so nice. Lots of room. The Boardwalk is also very convenient being able to walk to two parks as well.

Thank you for the intel. The convenience to those Parks at the BWI is nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter