Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Is the Poly Lounge busy during b-fast? if we plan on going before hitting the parks, do we need to worry about getting a table or anything else? There are 5 of us.

Breakfast can be a relatively busy time of day for sure. It varies though, it can come in waves. I have never not had a table in the morning, but on rare occasion have had to use the third floor/upstairs area. Sometimes it depends on how quickly CMs are clearing tables as well.

Breakfast is arguably the busiest time of day in the Poly lounge (5-7 being a close second) as it's the one service that a large majority of CL guests tend to utilize on a daily basis, give or take.

Can anyone tell me if it's better to walk from Poly (Hawaii) to TTC for Epcot or should we ride the monorail to TTC? There are 6 of us, two 4 year olds and my mom uses a mobility scooter, if any of that would change your mind.
My personal opinion is that you should walk/scooter to TTC. It's just a short walk down a sidewalk, and that's easier to do than get in/out of crowded monorail (which would take longer as well).

Ok i gotta ask @GADisneyDad14 do you live close to Disney that you can drive there and have an AP? Because color me jealous that you seem to go a whole lot and I've been wondering what your secret is to talk DW or DW talk you into going so many times?

Lol. It's the dang APs. They burn a whole in my pocket. They are the best/worst thing I've ever bought at Disney. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I have had a few trips lately but several have been shorter ones (+/-3 nights), so it's all relative I guess. Harder to find decent travel windows with DS getting older and in real school so have to go when I can.

This past weekend was really only to do the AP Pandora preview. I honestly didn't want to go back that soon, but it was just enough to draw me in. And let's be honest, it doesn't take much. :rolleyes1 I'm so glad I did because it turned out to be a great experience.

My secret? Not sure! Living a close (and usually relatively cheap) flight away certainly helps. AP room discounts certainly help (and help me justify the CL splurge). Being able to book AP discounts on short-notice also helps. I'm not sure I've booked anything this year more than 60 days in advance.

Several of our trips (like this past one) are just me and DS... boy's trips. We get to go to Disney and goof off. DW gets to enjoy peace/quiet and a clean house for a few days without us around. Since we had DD we have a "divide and concur" strategy in our household! :rotfl:

Last edited:
How are you finding tickets? My weeks are all booked up. My December dates aren't open yet. They better still have fireworks in December.

There are several days in June that have availability online only for the plaza Garden view. December dates will open up closer to, maybe 180 days?

Lol. It's the dang APs. They burn a whole in my pocket. They are the best/worst thing I've ever bought at Disney. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I have had a few trips lately but several have been shorter ones (+/-3 nights), so it's all relative I guess. Harder to find decent travel windows with DS getting older and in real school so have to go when I can.

This past weekend was really only to do the AP Pandora preview. I honestly didn't want to go back that soon, but it was just enough to draw me in. And let's be honest, it doesn't take much. :rolleyes1 I'm so glad I did because it turned out to be a great experience.

My secret? Not sure! Living a close (and usually relatively cheap) flight away certainly helps. AP room discounts certainly help (and help me justify the CL splurge). Being able to book AP discounts on short-notice also helps. I'm not sure I've booked anything this year more than 60 days in advance.

Several of our trips (like this past one) are just me and DS... boy's trips. We get to go to Disney and goof off. DW gets to enjoy peace/quiet and a clean house for a few days without us around. Since we had DD we have a "divide and concur" strategy in our household! :rotfl:

HA that's awesome! Glad you get to go and enjoy :)

I wish they'd all put the cold cuts out during snack hours! It would be so wonderful to have a little sandwich during that down time! Wishful thinking puckerup:
Now I've only stayed CL once (hoping to again April 2018) so I'm not sure if this would be frowned upon, but why couldn't you take some cold cuts at breakfast time and put in your room fridge? (maybe bring ziploc bags from home). Then you could make a sandwich when you wanted.

So here is my brief review of our first CL stay at BC, 5/6/17-5/14/17. Unfortunately no pictures...I totally meant to take some, but just couldn't get my act together, so sorry about that.

We did online check in where I stated room preferences, as well as told DSS over the phone (asked for close to the lounge and full balcony), and we did get both fulfilled. We checked in with a lobby CM and our room was ready upon arrival (5:30). He gave us our info and then got another CM to take us up to our room. When we got there, the CL desk CM oriented us to the lounge, club level in general, etc. We were just in time for apps, which we ended up eating for our dinner at that point.

I found the CL CMs to be very accommodating, with a few being outgoing and chatting people up, while most were more reserved. Tables in the lounge were cleared quickly, I never saw dirty dishes in the hall (ours were always picked up quickly), and food was replenished routinely. DS 7 thoroughly enjoyed the small tables and chairs in front of the TV, which was always tuned to Disney Jr., so he rarely actually ate with us, lol. DD 10 was thoroughly enamored with the plentiful amount of pastries each morning and doesn't understand why life isn't like that every day, LOL.

Morning offerings included: assorted bagels, white and multigrain bread, croissants, hot oatmeal with fixings, hot grits, bowls of cantaloupe/berries/watermelon, hardboiled eggs, meat/cheese platters (salami, ham, american, monterey jack, etc.), lox, yogurt with fixings, cereal (raisin bran, fruit loops, rice krispies daily), OJ, skim milk, 2% milk, chocolate milk, Storm along bay breeze, apple juice, OJ, assorted muffins (rotated daily--white chocolate, chocolate chip, blueberry, apple), assorted danish (rotated daily--cherry, cheese, chocolate, raspberry), coffee, tea, whole fresh fruit.

Afternoon snacks included: gummy bears, homemade potato chips (with old bay and without), veggies and dip, whole fresh fruit, assorted crackers and hummus, chocolate covered craisins, cheddar whales, trail mix.

Evening apps included (mains varied day to day): assorted cheeses (cheddar, gruyere, tillamook, St. Andrews, etc.), assorted crackers and hummus, veggies and dip, PBJ shooters and rolls, apples and caramel, breadsticks, marinated olives, 2 cold salads (greek, stone wheat, chick pea, loaded potato, caprese, etc), 2 hot offerings (chicken nuggets, pigs in a blanket, salmon, pulled pork with polenta, mac and cheese bites, etc), cold plated dish (seared tuna, tenderloin on toast, shrimp, ceviche, etc).

Beers available: bud light, longboard lager, yuengling lager, heineken, stella artois. These were opened and served to you, allowing 2 per person at a time. Wine available: reisling, chardonnay, merlot, another red I don't remember, which was also poured and served to you.

Desserts: these were the same every day. Mini lemon, raspberry, and vanilla cupcakes, mini smores tart, mini panna cotta, mini brownies, mini rice krispy treats, mini oreo mousse bars, chocolate chip/oatmeal raisin/sugar cookies. Cordials and Moscato (self serve) available.

Beverages available all day: coke, diet coke, sprite, gingerale, water, sparkling water. Iced tea, lemonade--after breakfast.

CL CMs offered to fill our water bottles every morning--my husband never made it more than a few feet from our room with them before someone offered to take them from him--I'm sure a lot had to do with our proximity to the lounger area...we were 3 doors down from it, and catty corner to their prep area (which did make for a small amount of noise every day). So, I never did buy a case of water for us--we used the water bottle provided in the room when we needed to (this was replaced often, but not daily).

Mousekeeping was awesome--room was always cleaned well, fresh towels, and chocolates from the turn down service.

Kids loved the overflowing dishes of salt water taffy on the CL desks, and the flavored water by the elevators that changed daily.

BC itself was great--loved walking to EPCOT and boating to DHS, ice cream from Beaches and Cream takeout window was yummy, enjoyed exploring the boardwalk (saw a fun magic act), storm along bay was awesome (gave DH some anxiety about keeping track of the kids as it really is so big).

Overall, we absolutely loved our first CL stay and I would return to both BC and CL in a heartbeat. DH agreed that it was worth what we paid (we got 50% off the room as he is a CM).

I'd be happy to answer any questions!

Breakfast can be a relatively busy time of day for sure. It varies though, it can come in waves. I have never not had a table in the morning, but on rare occasion have had to use the third floor/upstairs area. Sometimes it depends on how quickly CMs are clearing tables as well.

Breakfast is arguably the busiest time of day in the Poly lounge (5-7 being a close second) as it's the one service that a large majority of CL guests tend to utilize on a daily basis, give or take.

What about food running out? Even when busy, were you able to get in/get out as quickly as you wanted to?

What about food running out? Even when busy, were you able to get in/get out as quickly as you wanted to?

I was in the Poly CL for 10 days in January and never once saw food running out. We are a RD family so we were always in the lounge pretty early for breakfast but for evening too- never saw food run out ever. The CM's were always replenishing what was out.
And even for breakfast- it was always quick- got what we wanted to go and got out.

Yeah, I agree with @NYCANC, I've never seen food ever really run out at Poly CL. I can't say I have tons of experience right at the end of each service, but generally speaking I've never seen times where they have run out. And yes, always been able to get in/get out quickly. Most folks in the morning are in the same rush everyone else is. :-)

So here is my brief review of our first CL stay at BC, 5/6/17-5/14/17. Unfortunately no pictures...I totally meant to take some, but just couldn't get my act together, so sorry about that.

We did online check in where I stated room preferences, as well as told DSS over the phone (asked for close to the lounge and full balcony), and we did get both fulfilled. We checked in with a lobby CM and our room was ready upon arrival (5:30). He gave us our info and then got another CM to take us up to our room. When we got there, the CL desk CM oriented us to the lounge, club level in general, etc. We were just in time for apps, which we ended up eating for our dinner at that point.

I found the CL CMs to be very accommodating, with a few being outgoing and chatting people up, while most were more reserved. Tables in the lounge were cleared quickly, I never saw dirty dishes in the hall (ours were always picked up quickly), and food was replenished routinely. DS 7 thoroughly enjoyed the small tables and chairs in front of the TV, which was always tuned to Disney Jr., so he rarely actually ate with us, lol. DD 10 was thoroughly enamored with the plentiful amount of pastries each morning and doesn't understand why life isn't like that every day, LOL.

Morning offerings included: assorted bagels, white and multigrain bread, croissants, hot oatmeal with fixings, hot grits, bowls of cantaloupe/berries/watermelon, hardboiled eggs, meat/cheese platters (salami, ham, american, monterey jack, etc.), lox, yogurt with fixings, cereal (raisin bran, fruit loops, rice krispies daily), OJ, skim milk, 2% milk, chocolate milk, Storm along bay breeze, apple juice, OJ, assorted muffins (rotated daily--white chocolate, chocolate chip, blueberry, apple), assorted danish (rotated daily--cherry, cheese, chocolate, raspberry), coffee, tea, whole fresh fruit.

Afternoon snacks included: gummy bears, homemade potato chips (with old bay and without), veggies and dip, whole fresh fruit, assorted crackers and hummus, chocolate covered craisins, cheddar whales, trail mix.

Evening apps included (mains varied day to day): assorted cheeses (cheddar, gruyere, tillamook, St. Andrews, etc.), assorted crackers and hummus, veggies and dip, PBJ shooters and rolls, apples and caramel, breadsticks, marinated olives, 2 cold salads (greek, stone wheat, chick pea, loaded potato, caprese, etc), 2 hot offerings (chicken nuggets, pigs in a blanket, salmon, pulled pork with polenta, mac and cheese bites, etc), cold plated dish (seared tuna, tenderloin on toast, shrimp, ceviche, etc).

Beers available: bud light, longboard lager, yuengling lager, heineken, stella artois. These were opened and served to you, allowing 2 per person at a time. Wine available: reisling, chardonnay, merlot, another red I don't remember, which was also poured and served to you.

Desserts: these were the same every day. Mini lemon, raspberry, and vanilla cupcakes, mini smores tart, mini panna cotta, mini brownies, mini rice krispy treats, mini oreo mousse bars, chocolate chip/oatmeal raisin/sugar cookies. Cordials and Moscato (self serve) available.

Beverages available all day: coke, diet coke, sprite, gingerale, water, sparkling water. Iced tea, lemonade--after breakfast.

CL CMs offered to fill our water bottles every morning--my husband never made it more than a few feet from our room with them before someone offered to take them from him--I'm sure a lot had to do with our proximity to the lounger area...we were 3 doors down from it, and catty corner to their prep area (which did make for a small amount of noise every day). So, I never did buy a case of water for us--we used the water bottle provided in the room when we needed to (this was replaced often, but not daily).

Mousekeeping was awesome--room was always cleaned well, fresh towels, and chocolates from the turn down service.

Kids loved the overflowing dishes of salt water taffy on the CL desks, and the flavored water by the elevators that changed daily.

BC itself was great--loved walking to EPCOT and boating to DHS, ice cream from Beaches and Cream takeout window was yummy, enjoyed exploring the boardwalk (saw a fun magic act), storm along bay was awesome (gave DH some anxiety about keeping track of the kids as it really is so big).

Overall, we absolutely loved our first CL stay and I would return to both BC and CL in a heartbeat. DH agreed that it was worth what we paid (we got 50% off the room as he is a CM).

I'd be happy to answer any questions!

What an awesome, detailed review! :thanks::thanks:

And a 50% CM discount? Can we be friends? :laughing::laughing:

Sounds like y'all had a great time, thanks for sharing!

Now I've only stayed CL once (hoping to again April 2018) so I'm not sure if this would be frowned upon, but why couldn't you take some cold cuts at breakfast time and put in your room fridge? (maybe bring ziploc bags from home). Then you could make a sandwich when you wanted.

I'm sure we could! But would be so much easier if they offered in the afternoon! Personally I find it weird that they're offered in the A.M., but I guess others enjoy it.

I'm sure we could! But would be so much easier if they offered in the afternoon! Personally I find it weird that they're offered in the A.M., but I guess others enjoy it.

Lol, ok - so I used to think the exact same thing. Turkey for breakfast? :confused3

But then someone around here (you know who you are) suggested making a breakfast sandwich, which struck me as clever. So one morning sometime recently I toasted some bread, sliced a hard-boiled egg, added turkey and cheese - and it made a great breakfast sandwich! It was a good change of pace from just hard boiled eggs every morning. :thumbsup2

I still do think it's kind of a weird offering, but have found a use for it! :goodvibes

Lol, ok - so I used to think the exact same thing. Turkey for breakfast? :confused3

But then someone around here (you know who you are) suggested making a breakfast sandwich, which struck me as clever. So one morning sometime recently I toasted some bread, sliced a hard-boiled egg, added turkey and cheese - and it made a great breakfast sandwich! It was a good change of pace from just hard boiled eggs every morning. :thumbsup2

I still do think it's kind of a weird offering, but have found a use for it! :goodvibes

Very clever!!!! :thumbsup2

GADisneyDad14 - did you notice what procedures were in place for id-checking? We totally want to stay within the rules and have the girls be prepared to show their licenses at all times. But, hoping that it's just a quick check and a smile - and we also don't want to raise suspicions and get the serve-yourself privileges revoked for all in the lounge when our very young-looking legal adults keep popping open Longboards if no one checks ids (would be great if they could do it once, and give them a 'festival' wristband for the day').

They carded my son every day at cocktail hour at Poly (different CMs). I suggested a wristband but the CM had some reason it wouldn't work. I thought it was a good idea.

Ah, can you imagine if they had a toaster oven? You'd be able to get the cheese all warm and melting over the turkey and veg. Mmmm, maybe mix some cream cheese with preserves and/or mustard for a spread?

Maybe I should start dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter