Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

@GADisneyDad14 is the picture with MK and a parking lot the view from the CR lounge? I'm asking because I've read various report that the view is breathtaking from this CL lounge, and I'm surprised that a “breathtaking” view could include a large parking lot at its front. Thanks for sharing the nice picture of the lounge, the variety and quality of the food makes me wonder how to convince my DW to finally accept a short CL stay at this resort! ;)

@GADisneyDad14 is the picture with MK and a parking lot the view from the CR lounge? I'm asking because I've read various report that the view is breathtaking from this CL lounge, and I'm surprised that a “breathtaking” view could include a large parking lot at its front. Thanks for sharing the nice picture of the lounge, the variety and quality of the food makes me wonder how to convince my DW to finally accept a short CL stay at this resort! ;)

You know what, I was thinking last night that I should have put an asterisk on that pic. That pic is actually from my room but the lounge view is effectively the same.

Yes, the lounge and all of the TPV rooms do have a (lovely?) view of the parking lot in the foreground but great views of MK as well. The parking lot and road all the MK bussses travel on is the one negative aspect of the view.

I think I've said on here before that I like CR in small doses. I would not want to spend a week here, but for us it's a perfect 2-4 night spot.

Here's another room photo in case helpful. The lounge is probably 6-8 rooms to the left of this.
IMG_2377.JPG

This is from 2014 and I think was taken from my room which was far on the south side of the floor.
IMG_6590.JPG

My DH and I are really on the fence about weather or not to upgrade to club level. We are staying at a Wilderness Lodge in May with our to-be 18 month old son. We are staying 5 nights and it's almost $1000 to upgrade.

We are really so, so torn. Any advice??

At $200 per night for the upgrade, I would not do it. I would use the money to eat wherever I wanted to for those 5 days.

With an 18 month old, monorail access might be more valuable. What about upgrading to a regular room at Poly or CR? Both have decent CS places for breakfast and nicer restaurants for dinner.

@cwis I should also add the angle of these photos does the view a disservice. You're looking out of the expanse of the 7 Seas Lagoon, GF, Poly, etc. The view is so much more than just the MK/parking lot.

Thanks for the clarification! It's funny you mention the CR is a nice spot for 2-4 nights, that's precisely the number of nights I'm willing to convince my DW to stay there, just enough time to cope with the jet lag (we're traveling from Paris, France!)

I'm a bit frustrated to view the parking lot in front of the MK. The CL lounge at the Disneyland Hotel, France beats the CR hands off (same view of the castle and SM but without the parking lot, since the lounge is actually over the turnstiles, just a few feet off the Disneyland Railroad Main Street station) though the CR may have an advantage of having more rooms with that view (I don't remember exactly how many rooms at Paris face the MK but I believe there are less than 4).

We haven't tried CL at the Poly yet, but RPC is amazing! Hope you have a great time and enjoy RPC :wizard:.
Thank you so much!! We are so exciting!

Congrats on booking your first CL stay. Anywhere at the GF is great, but RPC is amazing! Hope you have a great time :).

In the past, IPO was there to book ADRs, etc., but I'm not sure how the new system (signature services) works. Hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

We haven't stayed CL at either resort, but I am always reading great things about AKL CL. With that said, it seemed that most CLs were on the decline, but from recent reports, it seems Disney is making changes across the board for the better. Hopefully those who have been to AKL CL recently will post their experience :).

At $200 per night for the upgrade, I would not do it. I would use the money to eat wherever I wanted to for those 5 days.

With an 18 month old, monorail access might be more valuable. What about upgrading to a regular room at Poly or CR? Both have decent CS places for breakfast and nicer restaurants for dinner.

It is more expensive to get a regular room at the Poly or Contemporary than to do the CL upgrade.

@KrazeeK120
For your situation that you described, CL sounds perfect for you, and I believe you made the right decision to upgrade! You are correct that the lounge will offer you a relaxing place to unwind/eat. And, yes, the lounge is also great for work/study -- my DH brings his laptop every trip and loves his lounge time to catch up with a few work things while we're gone. Have fun!

I have a few Disney gift cards. I'm planning to charge to my room via my MB and then periodically pay the balance with my gift cards. Is this something the concierge can help with or do I need to go to the front desk for that?

I have a few Disney gift cards. I'm planning to charge to my room via my MB and then periodically pay the balance with my gift cards. Is this something the concierge can help with or do I need to go to the front desk for that?

I have had them do this multiple trips when we've stayed at BC CL.

The concierge at the CL desk took care of it, for us.

@cwis I should also add the angle of these photos does the view a disservice. You're looking out of the expanse of the 7 Seas Lagoon, GF, Poly, etc. The view is so much more than just the MK/parking lot.

This - I also think if you're closer to Chef Mickey's side of a TPV room, you def have more of a parking lot and bus depot view than anything else. First time we stayed TPV I was very disappointed in that and made a point of requesting a room on the opposite side if available.

I'm trying to decide (justify) switching from our standard view BC room to a standard view CL room at BC. We usually stay BC LV CL when we go but we are bringing DD's BF for his first trip to Disney. He is only staying for 4 nights-he doesn't get that much time for vacation yet. We're ok being 5 in the room for just 4 nights (which is why we can't do LV) so that wouldn't change. I plan on getting an AP and am hoping for an AP discount but if I do book will do so being ok with the price one way or the other. I figure between breakfast, apps and adult beverages (everyone will finally be 21) we may make a dent in the extra cost. I know having some extra space would be helpful. Anything else anyone can think of for tipping the scale would be great! We are doing AKL CL for the end of the trip but that will be just DH, DD, DS and myself.

How about having an extra bathroom available in a pinch in the morning? Seriously with those many adults in a room CL would improve your vacation immensely.

I'm trying to decide (justify) switching from our standard view BC room to a standard view CL room at BC. We usually stay BC LV CL when we go but we are bringing DD's BF for his first trip to Disney. He is only staying for 4 nights-he doesn't get that much time for vacation yet. We're ok being 5 in the room for just 4 nights (which is why we can't do LV) so that wouldn't change. I plan on getting an AP and am hoping for an AP discount but if I do book will do so being ok with the price one way or the other. I figure between breakfast, apps and adult beverages (everyone will finally be 21) we may make a dent in the extra cost. I know having some extra space would be helpful. Anything else anyone can think of for tipping the scale would be great! We are doing AKL CL for the end of the trip but that will be just DH, DD, DS and myself.

I agree with GADisneyDad that having the lounge would be a big plus. We are a family of 4 and having the lounge for another place to go is great, so I'd definitely do CL with 5 people to have another place to relax and spread out :).

Thank you so much for the info! I booked the upgrade! I am really looking forward to it!

You won't regret it, WL CL is amazing! Have a great trip :wizard:.

I think I've said on here before that I like CR in small doses. I would not want to spend a week here, but for us it's a perfect 2-4 night spot.

This is my thinking as well. We haven't tried the CR yet, but when I do book it, it will be for just a few nights to try it out. It's not a resort I'd want to be at for a week, but I think it would be nice for a few days ;).

Thank you so much!! We are so exciting!

You're welcome, have fun :goodvibes.

We haven't tried the CR yet, but when I do book it, it will be for just a few nights to try it out. It's not a resort I'd want to be at for a week, but I think it would be nice for a few days ;).

Yes I agree with this! We used to stay at CR for the MNSSHP and it was perfect for that! The walking path to MK simply can't be beat, especially with a stroller...
As far as the view, I remember our very first stay in the CR tower I was initially a little disappointed when I first went out on our balcony. But the view grew on me and it was definitely awesome at night for Wishes. I believe it's the odd-numbered rooms that have the view of the Castle right from bed - and that was definitely something to love!

The view from any MK view room at CR does include the front parking lot. It also includes the monorail, ferry boats, Seven Seas Lagoon, the Electrical Water Pageant, a dead-on view of Space Mountain, the occasional trickling in of the futuristic Tomorrowland music if the wind is blowing right, and best of all, the most spectacular view of Wishes you'll find anywhere on property, hands down. From your balcony. With a glass of wine from the lounge. Every single night of your trip.

We just got back from another 9-day stay in Tower Club and I would've moved in if they'd let me. We are going back in September.

I'm a bit frustrated to view the parking lot in front of the MK.

We have stayed at CR quite a few times.

IMO, I don't think the pictures do the MK view justice. I agree with the pp who said the photo angle over-emphasizes the parking lot a bit.

Meanwhile, I also disagree with the pp who doesn't value the view of the buses. Maybe I'm kooky, but it is thrilling to watch the MK buses. The sheer volume of people WDW transports is impressive! It is a lesson in the power of organization.

That said, this view isn't the one we pick, nor is it the reason we prefer CR (prices allowing). I must say off the top, current pricing at the monorail resorts is crazy high.

For a more magical view paired with CL, we choose the other side of CR. I forget what they are calling it now, but we prefer rooms on the other side of the hotel +CL.

Our stays vary in length, and sometime we happily split our stays among two different resorts, but the real advantage of CR is the transportation advantage. Compared to many other WDW resorts, CR offers the best access to MK. Of the parks, MK is often open the latest.

CR CL also gives a good, hassle-free view of Wishes.

, the most spectacular view of Wishes you'll find anywhere on property, hands down.
Yes and no. While we enjoy wishes from CR, to be perfectly fair, it isn't the ideal angle to see it.

Seeing wishes form CR also usually means not seeing the in-park MK parade.

Traditionally speaking, Wishes is set up so that the area in front of the Castle is the ideal location.

I'll emphasize the point by adding, when they runs special 360 degree fireworks spectaculars, only the folks in the hub area got the real 360 degree effect.

Though, as I said in my previous post, there's much to be said for avoiding the crowds. If you are in MK, you have to contend with all the idiots who block the view with their cellphones.

As if Wishes hasn't already been posted online many times over.

I'm staying AKL CL from the 2nd June and then a week in WL CL from 9th June. I have not received any contact from either hotel. Should I perhaps send them an email and is there a different email address for each resort ? I'm from Scotland and wondered if perhaps they don't call guests outside the US?

Thanks

I'm staying AKL CL from the 2nd June and then a week in WL CL from 9th June. I have not received any contact from either hotel. Should I perhaps send them an email and is there a different email address for each resort ? I'm from Scotland and wondered if perhaps they don't call guests outside the US?

Thanks

Fun! Have you been following the IPO discussion recently? It's been replaced by a new service called Disney Signature Services, but there were several months there with no service at all.

Reports are they have been calling folks with CL reservations (started last week), although I have several upcoming reservations and haven't heard anything. Below is the phone/e-mail I cut and paste from a PP. I'd go ahead and e-mail or call if you want to / need something, no harm in doing that.

Disney Signature Services: 407-939-7777, disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter