Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks for all your kind words and info. This is good to know. We are going to arrive about noon and I wasn't sure if we needed to leave our suitcases downstairs before we headed up to the CL check in or not. I'm glad we can take them on up.

With due respect to @Ricguz, I can’t imagine bringing my luggage up to club level if my room isn’t ready. Well, except maybe 1 carry on. I wouldn’t find dragging large suitcases in elevators & trying to find a place in the lounge to keep them out of other peoples way very relaxing. I have definitely seen people with their luggage in the lounge tho. The club level floor itself has no storage room for luggage. This last trip was the first time in 20+ years of staying CL that I saw luggage at the CM desks. So I guess they will keep them for you, but right there at the desk area, which isn’t that big, so I don’t know how much they will accept. Plus, we don’t spend too much time in the lounge when we arrive. If our room isn’t ready, we get a quick snack & drink & head out to a park. I definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving my luggage at the CM desk if I was at a park. It’s worth the small gratuity to us to just have bell services take it & deliver it when we’re in the room. Everyone is different, so that’s just a different perspective for you to consider.

Any recent reports about BWI since they got rid of the chef? We have a CL room booked the week before Thanksgiving and we’re hoping it lives up to the wonderful experiences we’ve read about previously. We did YC CL back in the spring and really really enjoyed it so we eager to see how it might compare…
December will be our first stay without the chef. The chef, location, and staff are why we pick BWI over other hotels. Hoping we won’t be disappointed without the chef, while we weren’t big eaters (small snack and drinks pre late dinner) I really liked Redgie (sp?) and we would often chat about food after the crowd pushed through.

With due respect to @Ricguz, I can’t imagine bringing my luggage up to club level if my room isn’t ready. Well, except maybe 1 carry on. I wouldn’t find dragging large suitcases in elevators & trying to find a place in the lounge to keep them out of other peoples way very relaxing. I have definitely seen people with their luggage in the lounge tho. The club level floor itself has no storage room for luggage. This last trip was the first time in 20+ years of staying CL that I saw luggage at the CM desks. So I guess they will keep them for you, but right there at the desk area, which isn’t that big, so I don’t know how much they will accept. Plus, we don’t spend too much time in the lounge when we arrive. If our room isn’t ready, we get a quick snack & drink & head out to a park. I definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving my luggage at the CM desk if I was at a park. It’s worth the small gratuity to us to just have bell services take it & deliver it when we’re in the room. Everyone is different, so that’s just a different perspective for you to consider.
I actually just asked this question in the WL thread because my anxiety over what to do with our kids and luggage at the same time was absurd 😂🤦‍♀️ we now plan to pull up, give the luggage to bell services, then park, and go check in. Obviously our situation might be different than others as we have four small kids to corral (and a crap ton of stuff 🤦‍♀️) but not having to also have our luggage with us helps, as does not having to go back to the car to get the stuff after we've checked in.

With due respect to @Ricguz, I can’t imagine bringing my luggage up to club level if my room isn’t ready. Well, except maybe 1 carry on. I wouldn’t find dragging large suitcases in elevators & trying to find a place in the lounge to keep them out of other peoples way very relaxing. I have definitely seen people with their luggage in the lounge tho. The club level floor itself has no storage room for luggage. This last trip was the first time in 20+ years of staying CL that I saw luggage at the CM desks. So I guess they will keep them for you, but right there at the desk area, which isn’t that big, so I don’t know how much they will accept. Plus, we don’t spend too much time in the lounge when we arrive. If our room isn’t ready, we get a quick snack & drink & head out to a park. I definitely wouldn’t feel comfortable leaving my luggage at the CM desk if I was at a park. It’s worth the small gratuity to us to just have bell services take it & deliver it when we’re in the room. Everyone is different, so that’s just a different perspective for you to consider

Upon our arrival in August, we had 3 suitcases and one carry on and we dropped them off at bell services before going to CL. Its best to do that.

We were at the BWI in September, our first stay without the chef. Although, we loved having the chef there, it was really no big deal not having one there. We mainly stay there because of the cast! It is our favorite club level to stay at and will be back in 58 days. The head chef from Trattoria was up there one night talking to guests to get opinions on food choices. He was wonderful to talk to.

It’s obvious that you did not read my reply when I said “Bring your luggage with you, although sometimes they may want you to leave it with bell services”. If you have a lot of luggage, leave it with bell services. If your a veteran Disney traveler and know how to minimize and have a few items, see if CM at CL will hold it for you.

It’s obvious that you did not read my reply when I said “Bring your luggage with you, although sometimes they may want you to leave it with bell services”. If you have a lot of luggage, leave it with bell services. If your a veteran Disney traveler and know how to minimize and have a few items, see if CM at CL will hold it for you.

I did read your reply, which didn’t include any distinction on how much luggage to check or bring upstairs. I am a veteran Disney traveler, coming up ion 30 years with multiple trips a year. I still have multiple pieces of luggage for a week long trip. As I said in my post, just giving a different perspective. Neither of them are wrong. Different strokes.

Last edited:
We are CL newbies coming up in November too, so I am soaking up all the info in this thread. I get super nervous about doing something wrong when I am doing something for the first time, so I really appreciate knowing what to expect and what protocol is for things.
About the only things you can do wrong are to come up in a wet swim suit, pjs or bare foot. And people come up in pjs all the time so that's a YMMV thing I guess but my personal thought is, if you wouldn't go to a restaurant like you are then don't go to the CL like you are. Maybe those who wear their pjs would go to a restaurant like that but I kinda doubt it

I try to use some other common courtesy like not clearing out a dish with all the items, within reason. If there are 1-2 left, that's one thing, but don't take all 10 on the dish to your plate. That's just rude. Don't take more than 1 of something if you don't know if you'll like it or not. When I pour a glass of wine and the bottle is empty I leave the bottle sitting aside, and try to alert the staff it needs replaced. I don't put it back in the rack empty. These things aren't wrong by any means, I just think of it as manners I guess.

Don't hesitate to ask the staff for things. They are there to help. Want beer for breakfast, ask for some. Mimosa for lunch? Ask. They've got the stuff, or can go grab it nearby.

The purpose of this thread is to make sure that Disney travelers get all the information they need to make the best decisions they can.
I want to make sure that options are available to them whether they can leave their luggage with bell services as they enter their resort or see if they can leave their belongings at the CM CL lobby.
When I check in at CL YC in December for 11 days, 10 nights with my 50 years of Disney traveling, we will have two suitcases, two carry ons. If I want to bring them up to CL or leave them with bell services is my option.

The purpose of this thread is to make sure that Disney travelers get all the information they need to make the best decisions they can.
I want to make sure that options are available to them whether they can leave their luggage with bell services as they enter their resort or see if they can leave their belongings at the CM CL lobby.
When I check in at CL YC in December for 11 days, 10 nights with my 50 years of Disney traveling, we will have two suitcases, two carry ons. If I want to bring them up to CL or leave them with bell services is my option.
The issue is all the different CL CM check in desk set ups (which I guess is what you mean by "CM CL lobby", not really sure what that is if not)
Some may have the space to hold luggage
Some don't.
There's not a blanket answer that works for all CL

There is oodles of space near the CL check in desks at YC. Assuming CM's are happy to watch your bags I can see how that worked out.
I think storing luggage at the check in desk at say, BWI would be a difficult space problem. Basically space and staffing varies among the CL's.
Anyway, I love pulling up to YC and having bell services quicky grab and store my bags. Vacation begins!
Just my two cents. I hope your room is ready and storage turns out to be a non-issue.

Edited to add: Mrs AMC, I must have been typing while you were posting. I agree with you.

Bring your luggage with you, although sometimes they may want you to leave it with bell services. ..
@DisneyHardin

that’s the only part I’m going to disagree with. I’ve never seen luggage in a club level or at a CL CM desk in my multiple CL stays. Unless you’ve gotten a room ready text I would leave all luggage with bell services, if you’ve gotten the text drop your stuff in the room and then hit the lounge.

Some of the lounges and CM desk areas are very small and luggage could cause a really awkward situation. Bell Services will hold the stuff and when the room is ready you can retrieve it from them or they will bring it to your room. You’re out the tip money but you won’t have any awkward luggage situations.

The issue is all the different CL CM check in desk set ups (which I guess is what you mean by "CM CL lobby", not really sure what that is if not)
Some may have the space to hold luggage
Some don't.
There's not a blanket answer that works for all CL
That so true. Thanks for that.

There is oodles of space near the CL check in desks at YC. Assuming CM's are happy to watch your bags I can see how that worked out.
I think storing luggage at the check in desk at say, BWI would be a difficult space problem. Basically space and staffing varies among the CL's.
Anyway, I love pulling up to YC and having bell services quicky grab and store my bags. Vacation begins!
Just my two cents. I hope your room is ready and storage turns out to be a non-issue.

Edited to add: Mrs AMC, I must have been typing while you were posting. I agree with you.
Yes thank you for information.

I did read your reply, which didn’t include any distinction on how much luggage to check or bring upstairs. I am a veteran Disney traveler, coming up ion 30 years with multiple trips a year. I still have multiple pieces of luggage for a week long trip. As I said in my post, just giving a different perspective. Neither of them are wrong. Different strokes.
We travel with one carry-on per person and one backpack (not per person, my backpack), even on a week-long trip. It would never cross my mind to take my luggage upstairs with me to CL and ask them to hold it for me. I don’t think it would even be possible now with some of the remodels like BC and YC with the stand-up desks. I have been in CLs with people and their multiple suitcases and had to maneuver around to get food and drink, but that really didn’t bother me as I’m sure they were just glad to have a place to rest with their things after their travels. But, I agree the best thing to do is to check your items with bell services if your room isn’t ready to avoid any bottlenecks in the lounges or to add to the responsibilities of the CL cast members.

BWI experts! Need a hand. Isn’t there a cocktail of some sort by request at BWI CL? I swear I saw some people with an iced beverage in a wine glass and a rubber ducky floating in it but @Mrs.AMC and I need to know if this thing really exists or if I’m just losing my mind 😆

BWI experts! Need a hand. Isn’t there a cocktail of some sort by request at BWI CL? I swear I saw some people with an iced beverage in a wine glass and a rubber ducky floating in it but @Mrs.AMC and I need to know if this thing really exists or if I’m just losing my mind 😆
That's a mimosa. I don't call it a cocktail but maybe others do?

They’ll make you a mimosa, but that’s as cocktail-y as you can get. There is no hard liquor in any CL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter