Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Good afternoon everyone! Well Covid finally made it's way to our family!:crazy2::crazy2:

We had to make the very sad, sad, sad, sad, did I sad? decision to postpone our upcoming Saturday trip. Boo! We did reschedule for April and based on current availability, are now staying at AKL CL Savanna view. This is a resort I have never stayed at so I am very excited to try! Now to do some AKL research!

:)
Oh no so sorry! Glad you were able to reschedule for not too far away. Glad you get to try something new!

Hi everyone,

I know it's in here somewhere.... Does anyone know which rooms are the CL rooms at AKL on the roomfinder map and where the lounge is the map? Just learning about this resort.

GADisneydad, did you post this a while back or was that for another resort?

Thanks!

The CL lounge is above the lobby, so smack in the middle, top floor. (6)

I don't know that they have official CL rooms like some resorts do, since 4th floor can be both CL and non CL rooms. I do know all CL assigned rooms are Savanah views.

Yes, this exactly. AKL is a little weird when it comes to CL, the CL rooms are mixed with non-CL. I'm not 100% sure but I'm 97.6% sure that there's not dedicated CL rooms. Back when turn down was a thing, it was always SUPER hit or miss if you would get it, that was probably the most consistent complaint about AKL CL.

Touring Plan's room finder shows the King and queen queen rooms all on the 4th floor close to the lobby in Zebra Trail and Kudu Trail. Even though the pictures below might be a bit confusing in terms of orientation, all are facing the Arusha Savanna. The 1 bedroom suites that aren't DVC but are CL seem to be all over the place.
View attachment 638365
View attachment 638366

Great maps! So these two make a U and the lounge is at the bottom of the U. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback. I love Christmas in general. So it sounds like it won't be the low crowds I was hoping for. Will still be fun though if it works out.
We were there the week before Christmas (16-23rd). It's pretty crowded (more than normal for sure) but nothing like the week between Christmas and New Years. the lounges at RPC and BWI actually weren't crowded...just the parks! I agree with the pp that using genie+ got really frustrating at HS! I think we only got 2 rides with it...but still necessary if you want lots of rides and you're with people who won't get up early. Deluxe evening hours were amazing (according to my adult kids). I really hope they add HS and AK to those hours soon! I love to take in all the decorations right before returning for Christmas!

Yes, this exactly. AKL is a little weird when it comes to CL, the CL rooms are mixed with non-CL. I'm not 100% sure but I'm 97.6% sure that there's not dedicated CL rooms. Back when turn down was a thing, it was always SUPER hit or miss if you would get it, that was probably the most consistent complaint about AKL CL.

Great maps! So these two make a U and the lounge is at the bottom of the U. I hope that makes sense.
I've only stayed at AKL once (when the CL reopened in September) but had two different rooms because we ended up getting stuck for a couple more days due to a hurricane. We had one on the right side from the lobby first (is that zebra trail?) and then one on the left side (is that kudu?). The one on the left had a lot more animals for some reason (I assume this varies). I am heading back to AKL this weekend (after a quick stay at BWI CL) and didn't request anything since my request for close to lounge didn't seem to make any difference at all last time. I hope this wasn't a mistake! We plan to spend a lot of time in the lounge at BWI and AKL since our Christmas trip was so park heavy anyway so I'm not sure it really matters where our room is located. We're just hoping that Abdul and Francisco (from RPC) are there this weekend!

No, the lounge is on another floor. The rooms are all on the 4th floor (aside from the DVC CL rooms which are a whole different animal), and the lounge is on the 6th floor. The lounge is on the entrance end of the building, and rooms are on the savannah end of the building as well, opposite ends of the lobby. It's not the best lounge to room placement ever. When I did AKL CL, right before the closure, my room was one of the ones on the TP map there in red, and they were just going down the line there doing turn down on the savannah side rooms. They had to be dedicated because there were robes in there, and it seemed it was just a certain number of rooms on the savannah side and they were pretty efficient (I could see where they would miss some of the suites though).

thanks to all that responded to my question about transportation from MCO to WDW. We normally used ME in the past (we like being in the bubble) and used rental cars a few times in 2020. So I reserved the "new" Mears service for our trip in two weeks and will see how it goes, will keep uber in the back pocket in case Mears isn't cutting it.
My airport arrival with Royal last night was great! Met me at the baggage claim with my name. Helped with our bags and we loaded on an inside “hall/road” which was quiet and pretty.
I have used them a few times and great service. They text when on way, name of driver etc. Very nice ! It was with tip $102 to get from Mco to PBH at US.

We were there the week before Christmas (16-23rd). It's pretty crowded (more than normal for sure) but nothing like the week between Christmas and New Years. the lounges at RPC and BWI actually weren't crowded...just the parks!

I completely agree! We were there from 12/23-1/1 and we stayed at both GDT and BWV during that time. We were told by Cast Members at both resorts that they were to Capacity, however it definitely did not seem that way! Even Christmas Day in the lounge, I’d say there were maybe 4-5 families at most in the lounge at once. Parks were another story, but we only did one park day, since this was our trip to just rest and relax.

Christmas Eve at GDT pool

3147CB2C-B0DE-4199-8D19-A9DC7FBDECC4.jpeg

GDT Lounge Christmas Day around 1:00

D6DCB70A-BB4D-4A32-8DCD-150F5394B287.jpeg

12/30 BW Pool
9C7BC80A-D978-4004-A9C7-751914902616.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s now 3 rooms with lots of open windows to the water !!
One of cl ladies remembered us from last May and that I had whispered the kids getting engaged soon so she asked about it!

Afternoon snacks were just ok .
Heading down shortly . Tomorrow is BWI cl !

One of cl ladies remembered us from last May and that I had whispered the kids getting engaged soon so she asked about it!

So cool she remembered! My youngest just told me he wants to try hard rock but seeing this makes me really want to stay pbh again.

We check in tomorrow, too! But our flight won’t be in until after the lounge closes, so we won’t be in there until Saturday. Sorry in advance if you hear us getting in and getting settled in our room around 11!

Me too! Boarding the plane now but we’re too cheap to pay for CL if we get in too late to use the lounge lol (connection in ATL). We’re at Swan tonight and I’ll walk over in the morning! Have fun everyone!!
Oh yay! You have fun too! Can’t wait to be back at BW lounge. It has been a long time!

I completely agree! We were there from 12/23-1/1 and we stayed at both GDT and BWV during that time. We were told by Cast Members at both resorts that they were to Capacity, however it definitely did not seem that way! Even Christmas Day in the lounge, I’d say there were maybe 4-5 families at most in the lounge at once. Parks were another story, but we only did one park day, since this was our trip to just rest and relax.

Christmas Eve at GDT pool

View attachment 638594

GDT Lounge Christmas Day around 1:00

View attachment 638626

12/30 BW Pool
View attachment 638595
Lucky you on the relaxing trip! Relaxing in the lounge and pool are the best! DD’s bf was with us and hadn’t been since a little kid so we felt the need to ride lots of rides. I will try to make up for that this trip lol! If the lounges still offered something decent mid day, I probably wouldn’t even go to a park! Maybe that’s why they got rid of everything other than chips 😑.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter