Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Well we are just back from our stay at GF Sugar Loaf...and oh my goodness, we loved it. We were in room 6213, which is second floor pretty much directly above the lounge. Honestly only found it noisy twice, but not when it was very late or early. It was really only when a couple of larger groups were chatting and laughing, but nothing obnoxious or bothersome. Our view was the marina, but if we looked to our right we had a pretty nice view of the fireworks and could clearly hear the music being piped in from Gasparillas. Taking a glass of wine up to our balcony to watch them each night was awesome. We got a few towel Mickeys and my Ears were specially arranged a few times when we got back to the room.

The food was better than we expected at breakfast and "dinner". Breakfast had mini frittatas, deviled eggs, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, many pastries, and bread pudding with vanilla sauce (amazing) among other things. Dinner was a little different each night but always great options: some were sweet n sour chicken kabobs, some type of beef (honestly can't remember), Greek meatballs, tomato salad, peaches and brie, excellent spinach and artichoke dip, and crudités and different types of bread. There were kids items too but didn't pay attention to those, sorry! "Lunch" was less exciting, but still good. There was a fresh soup every day and they were all good, salami and really good fresh turkey but no cheeses which we found funny. They offered warm scones with toppings every afternoon which I loved.

I can't say enough good things about the staff. They were all friendly, professional, and helpful at all times. We looked forward to chatting with all of them any time we spent time in the Lounge.

While this stay was special (we are DVC so don't usually stay Club Level) for our 29th wedding anniversary..and we honeymooned at the GF so this was really nice...I don't think we'd do it again during the Food and Wine Festival! We enjoyed the food offerings in the lounge so much it seemed a waste to spend money otherwise. Of course, it was like 90 degrees the past couple of day so we weren't eating/drinking much at F+W anyway, so the Lounge ended up being a really nice benefit!!! Hard to believe we're home already, but wow what a nice stay.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great stay and enjoyed CL :goodvibes.

I promise I did search the thread before asking my question but I could not find the answer :flower3: and it's been a while since I've visited the CL discussion, so I apologize if this was answered recently. I see that WL usually closes the gates to the food and beverage service area overnight, but I was wondering if they close that area between services as well? For example, if we came for appetizers at 6:30 during the 5-7:00 Hors D'Oeuvres and wanted to hang around and chill out until the 8:00 Desserts and Cordials service started, can you still get beverages during the 7-8:00 hour?

I promise I did search the thread before asking my question but I could not find the answer :flower3: and it's been a while since I've visited the CL discussion, so I apologize if this was answered recently. I see that WL usually closes the gates to the food and beverage service area overnight, but I was wondering if they close that area between services as well? For example, if we came for appetizers at 6:30 during the 5-7:00 Hors D'Oeuvres and wanted to hang around and chill out until the 8:00 Desserts and Cordials service started, can you still get beverages during the 7-8:00 hour?

Yep, you can get beverages any time 7am-10pm. If those doors to the food/beverage area happen to be closed while they transition between services, just ask a CM and they will be happy to assist.

Enjoy WL CL!

I should maybe add:

As much as we loved the new Coronado CL, the menus at the other new Coronado eateries didn't wow us enough to go try them. We wanted to like all of these new options, but the menus are a bit too limited. Disney often tweaks menu options, so I hope (anticipate?) they will soon make adjustments.

Instead, we hopped over to AoA to supplement our evening meal. Our food wasn't maybe quite as awesome as some earlier meals there, but the tandori section offerings were still very good! It is really nice to see offerings that go beyond the old WDW standard QS options of baconcheeseburger/pasta/friednuggets/fries/pizza.

OH NO! Strike that.....Disney just ELIMINATED the whole TANDOORI section at AoA! Ugh! You'll never guess what they are offering instead....Yup, baconcheesebeurgers/pasta/friednuggets/fries/pizza.

Last edited:

I should maybe add:

As much as we loved the new Coronado CL, the menus at the other new Coronado eateries didn't wow us enough to go try them. We wanted to like all of these new options, but the menus are a bit too limited. Disney often tweaks menu options, so I hope (anticipate?) they will soon make adjustments.

Instead, we hopped over to AoA to supplement our evening meal. Our food wasn't maybe quite as awesome as some earlier meals there, but the tandori section offerings were still very good! It is really nice to see offerings that go beyond the old WDW standard QS options of baconcheeseburger/pasta/friednuggets/fries/pizza.

OH NO! Strike that.....Disney just ELIMINATED the whole TANDOORI section at AoA! Ugh! You'll never guess what they are offering instead....Yup, baconcheesebeurgers/pasta/friednuggets/fries/pizza.
Landscape of Flavors went through a giant change at the end of last month

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/08/major-menu-modifications-debut-at.html

Hello, do some of the standard-view CL rooms at Beach Club have the shared balcony such as those in the Yacht Club? Thanks.

Looking forward to your post. We are ever so close to booking Animal Kingdom lodge and cannot decide if we want to do club level again or just book regular room and experience more restaurants.

This is my debate for our next stay at AKL. We just got back from a week there, standard room because CL was sold out. The one disappointment was that we didn’t spend a lot of time at the resort. Our next trip will likely be BWI or BC, but I want to book a few days at AKL where we have no park plans at all. If we’re spending a lot of time at the resort, it makes sense to book CL because we’d get a lot of use from the lounge. On the other hand, we prefer Kidani Village to Jambo House. It’s a nice first world problem to have. :)

Anyone currently at Yacht Club that can tell me the current rotation of dinner offerings. Last time every 4-5 nights the offerings were the same. Wondering what Sunday/ Monday night has been ?

Can anyone help with the current evening menu @ POLY CL?

Specifically, I’m looking for Thursday-Monday, if anyone can confirm from a recent stay.

Labor Day weekend:

Thursday had kids chicken nuggets but they were really good! Also they had uncrustables.

I am looking at my pix and I can’t tell exactly what it was. Dd loved that night and heavy seafood items.

Friday we left for mnsshp and I had a seafood stew that was amazing ! I was on the phone moving flights due to Dorian so I was busy.

One night I had the pork sliders and the chef made it for me without the condiments,

I felt they did a better job at asking for it so be made your way. They are fixing it right there so they will try to accommodate,

The kids section had chicken, burger sliders , Mac n cheese our nights, in order Th/Fr/SA.

Then the usual uncrustables, cheeses, pineapple n caramel etc all nights ,

Last edited:
Due to some issues on our last trip (non-cl related, we absolutely loved that) we were given a complimentary night stay in any deluxe CL resort for 1 night. I am stumped in figuring out how to best use it. We have only stayed WL CL, previously we would stay in Poly in a studio villa (cash). If we had to pick an absolute favorite resort, Poly would win. But WL is great as well, and significantly cheaper and easier to get discounts at. We really liked CL, but it is a bit more expensive than our usual. We got a great AP rate this last go around to give CL a try.

I think we have decided we would likely use the free night in a TPV CL room at the Poly. But realistically, between check in at 3pm and check out at 11am, there's not much time you really get to utilize it. I did think about paying for a second night oop in the same category to give us more time to enjoy it, but looking at the cost, I highly doubt that is going to happen. Even a GV CL room at the Poly is more than we typically spend.

I have a few thoughts of how to go about this:
1. Stay at the Poly in either our usual non-CL room or a GV CL room, then switch to a TPV CL room for our comp night
OR
2. Stay WL CL for most of the trip, then move over to TPV CL at the Poly for 1-2 nights (one being the comped night)

We only have one experience with staying CL, and it was a resort focused trip. So I don't have much to compare to for our normal 7-8 day trip that are a mix of park/resort days.

Please provide insight, O, CL gods!:worship:

How many people are going on the trip?

My absolute favorite CL room at any resort is the garden cottage at the BWI. If I were traveling just with my H, I would pick that room every time (the room limit is 2 guests). It's huge, so private feeling, and has access to the wonderful CL lounge at BWI...plus a lovely quiet pool right across from the cottages that feels like your own private pool.

If I was in a traveling party of 3 or more, I would choose the GF RPC every time because the lounge and food are absolutely to die for. I could literally spend the entire time the lounge is open eating all the delicious food (my family can easily make meals out of the CL offerings here) and relaxing and listening to the music wafting up from the lobby.

I actually love the WL CL too (their CMs are amazing) and I enjoy the Poly as well (though I prefer the food offerings at BWI and RPC). That's going to be a really tough choice, but a wonderful one to have to make! Enjoy! :)

How many people are going on the trip?

My absolute favorite CL room at any resort is the garden cottage at the BWI. If I were traveling just with my H, I would pick that room every time (the room limit is 2 guests). It's huge, so private feeling, and has access to the wonderful CL lounge at BWI...plus a lovely quiet pool right across from the cottages that feels like your own private pool.

If I was in a traveling party of 3 or more, I would choose the GF RPC every time because the lounge and food are absolutely to die for. I could literally spend the entire time the lounge is open eating all the delicious food (my family can easily make meals out of the CL offerings here) and relaxing and listening to the music wafting up from the lobby.

I actually love the WL CL too (their CMs are amazing) and I enjoy the Poly as well (though I prefer the food offerings at BWI and RPC). That's going to be a really tough choice, but a wonderful one to have to make! Enjoy! :)
Its 3 total, me, DH and DS4. I have briefly considered GF RPC, we just love the Poly so much.

Its 3 total, me, DH and DS4. I have briefly considered GF RPC, we just love the Poly so much.
You get access to the lounge check in day at 7am when they open until the closing 10pm check out day,

So sometimes I start my trip cl or end it depending on my flight times. Also I try to stay at same resort if possible.

Example.: one year we arrived and stayed at GF in Sl for one night and then moved next day to a gf villa. I was able to access the lounge my sl check out day /villa arrival day . That was great!

Each time I left the lounge I grabbed water/soda an apple etc and stocked my villa fridge:)

So doing that at poly may work for you.

Last edited:
A few more notes.

I made sure to have cl text number . I needed to change date for the ME voucher and did it from the bus stop.

The chocolate covered raisins were so good! I packed a handful for the trip home.

I overheard some people ask about menu changes for allergies. It appeared they did a good job with it.

Always several tables were open!

In the morning they set up tables with cloth napkins and gold flatware, how nice was that?

I was able to take adult beverages out of the lounge, I asked.

The glassware and flatware are in drawers below the coffee/wine station. A few different shaped glasses and even champagne. It does bother me when other lounges don’t do that. I'm looking at YOU Poly!

Again, such attentive cms! They use iPads and kinda wander to check you in pretty much anywhere in the lounge, very relaxing way to do that.

Any q’s? Let me know.

My favorite of the glasses, FUN😊View attachment 436558
Agreed on all. Loved the Chronos lounge and we thought it was the best CL experience of anywhere we’ve stayed. Those glasses were beautiful!

Agreed on all. Loved the Chronos lounge and we thought it was the best CL experience of anywhere we’ve stayed. Those glasses were beautiful!

Agreed. I often got “Disney blues” when I get home, rarely “club-level lounge blues”. I was almost crying yesterday when I prepared dinner: racks of lamb with a Lagunitas IPA beer. Felt just like I was at the Chronos Club, only: I wasn't there. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter