Disney's Cinemagine Park (DHS Name Change)

This name is not from me originally but I remember it from the previous thread about the name change.

The new name should be:

A Tribute to All Movies, but mostly Star Wars!

I should look up the original poster to give credit were it was due, but that still cracks me up.

Just know that I am not the originator of this fantastic joke.

Beyond stupid. At this point, with multiple changes it should just be "The Park With No Name" :sad2:

I'd like to see their plan for the rest of the park along with the new name. If it is "Cinemagine", then that says this is a park where you can Imagine the movies "coming alive" .. like SWGE and Toy Story Land .. but what about the rest of the park? What are their plans? Are they going to make another immersive world where Indiana Jones and Star Tours is? Are they going to tear down the Launch Bay, Little Mermaid and Disney Junior and put a new land in since they really aren't immersive? What about Rock and Roller coaster? What has that EVER had to do with the movies?

If Cinemagine is the new name/them, then the Great Movie Ride is a better fit than Mickey's Runaway Railway .. which seems better suited for the Magic Kingdom. Shame it had to go and not just get majorly updated with Disney IPs (especially after the Fox buy) .. too late now I guess.

I'd like to see their plan for the rest of the park along with the new name. If it is "Cinemagine", then that says this is a park where you can Imagine the movies "coming alive" .. like SWGE and Toy Story Land .. but what about the rest of the park? What are their plans? Are they going to make another immersive world where Indiana Jones and Star Tours is? Are they going to tear down the Launch Bay, Little Mermaid and Disney Junior and put a new land in since they really aren't immersive? What about Rock and Roller coaster? What has that EVER had to do with the movies?

If Cinemagine is the new name/them, then the Great Movie Ride is a better fit than Mickey's Runaway Railway .. which seems better suited for the Magic Kingdom. Shame it had to go and not just get majorly updated with Disney IPs (especially after the Fox buy) .. too late now I guess.
At one time, when SW:GE was going to Indy area, there was a phase 3 and potentially a phase 4 for DHS. But with the decision to move SW:GE where it is now, all that went away. Per most insiders, won't be much change or additions at all once SW:GE and TSL opens. definitely not another new land. I am curious to see if they do any work to revamp Indy once those two open, and what happens to animation courtyard if anything at all does.

At one time, when SW:GE was going to Indy area, there was a phase 3 and potentially a phase 4 for DHS. But with the decision to move SW:GE where it is now, all that went away. Per most insiders, won't be much change or additions at all once SW:GE and TSL opens. definitely not another new land. I am curious to see if they do any work to revamp Indy once those two open, and what happens to animation courtyard if anything at all does.
Ya, I could see that. I mean .. doubling the number of attractions (and making two new immersive lands to put them in) in just a few years is probably "enough" .. even though us hard-core fans would love to see more.. (Especially with all the changes coming to Epcot and MK soon as well).

Ya, I could see that. I mean .. doubling the number of attractions (and making two new immersive lands to put them in) in just a few years is probably "enough" .. even though us hard-core fans would love to see more.. (Especially with all the changes coming to Epcot and MK soon as well).
I will add though, there is expansion room in SW:GE, and there is a long term plan to add a third attraction, no timings yet, and this could not happen. but its there.

I for one would LOVE to have the animation drawing class back at DHS, my daughter and I did it every trip.

I will add though, there is expansion room in SW:GE, and there is a long term plan to add a third attraction, no timings yet, and this could not happen. but its there.

I for one would LOVE to have the animation drawing class back at DHS, my daughter and I did it every trip.
Ya, I am hoping they ditch the Launch Bay and put something else back in there, Launch Bay was fun to see one time (especially during this attraction "drought" at the park), but in general it is underwhelming even for a Star Wars fan. A few M&Gs, some models and a gift shop. Do they have room for meet and greets in SWGE? Is a M&G not immersive enough I wonder?

Just will make DHS weird .. Star Wars on the "east" side in the Launch Bay .. Star Wars on the "west" side in Star Tours .. and a huge Star Wars land in SWGE in the back. Just feels disjointed.

"Cinemagine" Is just awful!!!

Whatever they decide upon, I really hope that this isn't it!

I agree about the animation class - I know the theme of the park is shifting away from "how movies are made" to "being in the movies" ... but I do think something really devoted to animation would be great. heck, they could maybe use the technology they use on the cruise ships where you draw a character and then you see it animated on the screens - how better to "put you into the movies" than to literally put something you made into an actual film?

Then you could put in some other Pixar rides or something and even tie it into Mickey & Minnies Runaway Railraod - as putting you "into animation"

Words like "Cinemagine" are called Portmanteaus and they appear everywhere in our lives.

I don't like Cinemagine because it just sounds weird. Not because it's "not a word".

I agree - and Disney is huge on using portmaneaus words. As others have mentioned there is Imagineer, but over time they used a ton: Videopolis, Soundsational, etc.

I agree about the animation class - I know the theme of the park is shifting away from "how movies are made" to "being in the movies" ... but I do think something really devoted to animation would be great. heck, they could maybe use the technology they use on the cruise ships where you draw a character and then you see it animated on the screens - how better to "put you into the movies" than to literally put something you made into an actual film?

Then you could put in some other Pixar rides or something and even tie it into Mickey & Minnies Runaway Railraod - as putting you "into animation"
Man I would LOVE that idea. That would be really fun, and enjoyable.

I am as excited as anyone about SW:GE and TSL ... but remember its not doubling the attractions, they took out attractions and areas that Absorbed serious crowds to "add" these lands / attractions.

OR did you mean doubling the attractions that they took out ?

I keep trying to say this and getting tongue-tied. Also, "DCP" is the same abbreviation as "Disney College Program" and that's going to become VERY confusing for the thousands of us who have done the DCP and are regular Disney visitors.

For this reason, I think the Cinemagine title works. The name grows on you and the contemplation of "being in the movies" does a good job of positioning the park experience.
Honestly, I can see the point. It does make sense if the direction of the park is to "go into the movies", To me though it is way too close to some others. I wish they would come up with some other more imaginative names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter