• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I was just checking prices on-line last night and I swear I saw something about the pool being under maintenance until the end of March. I don't see it today. We've been over spring break when it's COLD and when we could have gotten in a couple of days. Was I dreaming??
Oh my gosh!!! Thank you for posting this. I have a reservation for later this month, and had NO IDEA!! That seems like pretty bad customer service that this has not been shared directly with guests. It's not on my DME or anything. I'm already mad that the skyline will be down when we are there. What a total pain in the butt.

Just came back from 9 days, we stayed in Jamaica room 4501 & 4502 we has adjoining rooms, the new renovations are great, how ever we like to put away our cloths in drawers and not live out of suite cases and we found there being a lack of storage since “two of the drawers” were actually the mini fridge with a false front lol but over all we enjoyed it

This was our 3rd time staying at this resort
Were both rooms 5th sleeper? Are they making all of the 2Q rooms 5th sleeper as part of the refurbishment or keeping some standard?

Were both rooms 5th sleeper? Are they making all of the 2Q rooms 5th sleeper as part of the refurbishment or keeping some standard?

yes both of these room are 5th sleepers

we really enjoyed the locations close to a bus stop and the skyliner and there is a freestyle coke machine in the next building so easy to get refills if you have a mug

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you for posting this. I have a reservation for later this month, and had NO IDEA!! That seems like pretty bad customer service that this has not been shared directly with guests. It's not on my DME or anything. I'm already mad that the skyline will be down when we are there. What a total pain in the butt.
I did get an email letting me know the pool would be closed. But I still think it should be posted on the reservation page.

yes both of these room are 5th sleepers

we really enjoyed the locations close to a bus stop and the skyliner and there is a freestyle coke machine in the next building so easy to get refills if you have a mug
I requested that area for my upcoming trip! we stayed there for the first time 3 years ago and fell in love with the resort and the location of our room in building 42. I second what you mean about being close to the Skyliner and the bus stop. The freestyle machine is a bonus this trip - last time they were not there.

Is it very silly of me to be trying to decide between the two locations based on a shower? 🤣
My husband will be joining us and he hates shower curtains!!! I think the Little Mermaid rooms have the glass shower but the other rooms have the curtain.

Is it very silly of me to be trying to decide between the two locations based on a shower? 🤣
My husband will be joining us and he hates shower curtains!!! I think the Little Mermaid rooms have the glass shower but the other rooms have the curtain.
Little Mermaid rooms don't have glass doors - they have shower curtains. They haven't been refurbished in forever. Look into rooms at Pop instead - those are really modern and updated, and they do have glass shower doors. And a real door to close off the bathroom vs yet another curtain.

Little Mermaid rooms don't have glass doors - they have shower curtains. They haven't been refurbished in forever. Look into rooms at Pop instead - those are really modern and updated, and they do have glass shower doors. And a real door to close off the bathroom vs yet another curtain.
Sorry I might have called them the wrong name. Maybe they are technically Under the Sea. These are the refurb rooms at Caribbean Beach in the Trinidad section (not the Art of Animation rooms). I was just looking at these vs. the standard rooms at Caribbean beach, for example, in the Jamaica section.

Sorry I might have called them the wrong name. Maybe they are technically Under the Sea. These are the refurb rooms at Caribbean Beach in the Trinidad section (not the Art of Animation rooms). I was just looking at these vs. the standard rooms at Caribbean beach, for example, in the Jamaica section.
Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't look at which thread this was and I thought you were talking about the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA. Ignore me, lol!

Maybe consider switching to a different resort? CBR prices with no main pool + no Skyliner- ouch…

Does bell services deliver bags to your room? I know at CSR they’ll take you and the bags in a golf cart if the room is ready due to the size of the resort but I’ve never stayed CBR.

Yes they will. And they will come pick you and your luggage up when it's time to check out.
Really? That must be something they brought back post-Covid. In Jan of 2021 we moved it all ourselves. There was no other option. Glad to hear it is now! Nursing a rotator cuff tear.

Really? That must be something they brought back post-Covid. In Jan of 2021 we moved it all ourselves. There was no other option. Glad to hear it is now! Nursing a rotator cuff tear.

yes we used this service in Dec. they came and pick up everything and then we just claimed it at the front while we waiting for the bus back to the airport

Hi all! I have a room request question!

Background:
We booked our trip for June 2024 last summer. I was able to add on the room discount no problem.... but then we decided to add on a day to our trip, and we had to upgrade a 5th sleeper! I'm bummed it's costing us an extra $10/night, but it's actually probably a good choice for our family because our kids are getting bigger and might appreciate not sharing a bed. So, I'll try to see it as a good thing!

Selecting a room:
I read that all of the 5th sleepers are in Jamaica, Aruba, and now the Little Mermaid rooms in Trinidad. My daughter might like the Little Mermaid rooms, but it isn't a must for us. What we really care about is trying to be about halfway between the Skyliner and Old Port Royale so that it's not a huge trek to do everything. I'm thinking about Jamaica buildings 44 or 45, or Trinidad building 34. Are any of these buildings better than others? Are we more likely to get our room request in Jamaica than in Trinidad, since so many people are probably requesting Little Mermaid rooms?

Thanks for sharing your opinions and thoughts!

Hi all! I have a room request question!

Background:
We booked our trip for June 2024 last summer. I was able to add on the room discount no problem.... but then we decided to add on a day to our trip, and we had to upgrade a 5th sleeper! I'm bummed it's costing us an extra $10/night, but it's actually probably a good choice for our family because our kids are getting bigger and might appreciate not sharing a bed. So, I'll try to see it as a good thing!

Selecting a room:
I read that all of the 5th sleepers are in Jamaica, Aruba, and now the Little Mermaid rooms in Trinidad. My daughter might like the Little Mermaid rooms, but it isn't a must for us. What we really care about is trying to be about halfway between the Skyliner and Old Port Royale so that it's not a huge trek to do everything. I'm thinking about Jamaica buildings 44 or 45, or Trinidad building 34. Are any of these buildings better than others? Are we more likely to get our room request in Jamaica than in Trinidad, since so many people are probably requesting Little Mermaid rooms?

Thanks for sharing your opinions and thoughts!
Building 42 is central - easy walk to Skyglider, bus stop and about a 5-6 min walk to OPR. It’s a beautiful resort

Enjoy your upcoming trip! I am headed there in about 42 hours so I’ll be able to answer any questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter