Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hey everyone! Long time reader-looking for some advice.

We are booked at CBR for June in a standard room and I would really like to get a room with the new vinyl flooring and NOT the carpet.

Does anyone know which building(s) I should request that have the rooms with the vinyl flooring?

Thanks!
I would just have them note that you want an updated room.

All of the rooms at CBR have now been updated. All of the rooms (except the Trinidad section which had complete remodel) had a refurb including new solid flooring, platform beds with room to store luggage underneath, new curtains, new brighter interior paint color, and a boring white shower curtain....lol I think most of the upholstery was updated as well on the existing furniture.

Enjoy your stay!

All of the rooms at CBR have now been updated. All of the rooms (except the Trinidad section which had complete remodel) had a refurb including new solid flooring, platform beds with room to store luggage underneath, new curtains, new brighter interior paint color, and a boring white shower curtain....lol I think most of the upholstery was updated as well on the existing furniture.

Enjoy your stay!
This is great news! I am anti carpet in hotel rooms. One of my quirks haha!

Just came back from 9 days, we stayed in Jamaica room 4501 & 4502 we has adjoining rooms, the new renovations are great, how ever we like to put away our cloths in drawers and not live out of suite cases and we found there being a lack of storage since “two of the drawers” were actually the mini fridge with a false front lol but over all we enjoyed it

This was our 3rd time staying at this resort

My family really enjoyed breakfast at the Rivera QS. I had the croque madame and my wife had the frittata Both were excellent. If you are able try to get a reservation for Topolino.

Enjoy your stay!
The new bright interior paint is WHITE!! Plain ole’ white. Okay, if you stretch it, in the perfect lighting, you maaaay be able to notice a teeny tiny hue of the lightest blue.😂😉

Hi everyone!
We returned from a wonderful vacation this past October at POR and are looking to take another trip to WDW. We'd like to try something new and are considering the CBR or POFQ. Both of the main pools at each of the resorts seem to be closed in March, which is too bad since our kids are 8 & 10 and love waterslides. So apart from the main pool being down for maintenance, should we still consider CBR? Do any of the other smaller pools at CBR have water slides? thanks for an insights.

Hi everyone!
We returned from a wonderful vacation this past October at POR and are looking to take another trip to WDW. We'd like to try something new and are considering the CBR or POFQ. Both of the main pools at each of the resorts seem to be closed in March, which is too bad since our kids are 8 & 10 and love waterslides. So apart from the main pool being down for maintenance, should we still consider CBR? Do any of the other smaller pools at CBR have water slides? thanks for an insights.
I don't think the quiet pools have waterslides.

Hi everyone!

No the quiet pools do not have slides.
Edit because for some reason I was talking about Coronado springs resort.

Is there one best location for catching a Lyft ride to another resort? I am staying at CBR in January 2024, and unfortunately, the skyliner is down the week of the conference, so I'll need multiple pick-up and drop-offs via Lyft to get to the Beach Club. Due to wearing dress clothes/heels, I'd like to minimize my walk. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't know what section of the resort we are in, nor if we have a preferred or standard room since it was all booked through Disney Conventions. I want to add a request to my reservation.

Is there one best location for catching a Lyft ride to another resort? I am staying at CBR in January 2024, and unfortunately, the skyliner is down the week of the conference, so I'll need multiple pick-up and drop-offs via Lyft to get to the Beach Club. Due to wearing dress clothes/heels, I'd like to minimize my walk. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't know what section of the resort we are in, nor if we have a preferred or standard room since it was all booked through Disney Conventions. I want to add a request to my reservation.
Lyft will come to whichever section you are in at CBR, so it’s never more than a couple of mins walk (if you look on the Lyft app, you will see it gives you a choice of pick up location according to which area you are staying). The pick up points are near to the bus stops for each section.

Planning a friend trip this summer, so we'll have 3 adults in one room. We're wary of the pulldown beds for comfort reasons. After the most recent refurbishment, do certain buildings still have 2 queen beds which are not pulldowns?

Planning a friend trip this summer, so we'll have 3 adults in one room. We're wary of the pulldown beds for comfort reasons. After the most recent refurbishment, do certain buildings still have 2 queen beds which are not pulldowns?
The pull downs are actually really comfortable! They have a proper mattress on them and I slept on one for 2 weeks no issues (and I’m fussy about my beds… even take my own pillows with me 😂)

I know it’s been said a few time up thread that “soft” refurb generally means mattresses but can anyone confirm if the refurb definitely included mattress replacement?

I was just checking prices on-line last night and I swear I saw something about the pool being under maintenance until the end of March. I don't see it today. We've been over spring break when it's COLD and when we could have gotten in a couple of days. Was I dreaming??

I was just checking prices on-line last night and I swear I saw something about the pool being under maintenance until the end of March. I don't see it today. We've been over spring break when it's COLD and when we could have gotten in a couple of days. Was I dreaming??
You are correct, the pool is scheduled to be closed Jan - March
CBR Pool
I don't see the info listed when you are searching or booking a room, but when I went looking for the dates, I found the webpage I linked. Personally, they should list the closure on the reservation page. We are only going for a long weekend in February, so it doesn't really impact us. But if I was there for a week and not going into the parks everyday. I would pick a different resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter