Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are supposed to check in tomorrow for five nights but I am having second thoughts about the resort. It ranks very low on trip advisor with a lot of complaints about leaking air conditioning units, severely beat up rooms that are small, dark, and cramped, broken outlets, almost zero housekeeping, and other issues. I'm not sure if we'll use the skyliner because my 8 year old son is scared of it. Should we try and switch to something like French Quarter or one of the bonnet creek hotels? I hate the idea that Disney gets top dollar for a crappy motel room.

We are supposed to check in tomorrow for five nights but I am having second thoughts about the resort. It ranks very low on trip advisor with a lot of complaints about leaking air conditioning units, severely beat up rooms that are small, dark, and cramped, broken outlets, almost zero housekeeping, and other issues. I'm not sure if we'll use the skyliner because my 8 year old son is scared of it. Should we try and switch to something like French Quarter or one of the bonnet creek hotels? I hate the idea that Disney gets top dollar for a crappy motel room.
I take trip advisor reviews with a grain of salt. We were just there in for sixteen days in November. We were in two different rooms during our stay and neither were in crappy condition. We had three other families join us the second half of the trip and they had no issues with their rooms either and one of the families is pretty picky. We had mousekeeping every other day exactly as Disney said we would.

For what it is worth, I am terrified of heights. I don't even like staying on the second floor of a hotel. I have absolutely no fear when in the Skyliner.

We were at CBR with friends last Feb - 2 couples with rooms in Jamaica bldgs, 1 couple with a pirate room in Trinidad- north enough to be close to Skyliner. Had a great experience- rooms were fine- clean, comfortable, and skyliner access was perfect. We’d get up just before 7, book our LLs, shower, and go grab a coffee while waiting for the skyliner to open to Early Enter Epcot or DHS. Very chill trip.

Can you tell me more about the size of it? How tall is your 10 year old?
He is 4’11”. His head was right at the top of the bed and his toes right at the end. He sleeps kind of curled up so it wasn’t a problem for him but if he was any bigger and a stomach or back sleeper he probably wouldn’t have slept well!

We stayed in Martinique building November 2021 for 1week and I enjoyed our stay. The skyliner is fantastic .We walked to skyliner by Riviera Resort. I would say though that housekeeping was minimal.It seemed like there was not enough staff.

He is 4’11”. His head was right at the top of the bed and his toes right at the end. He sleeps kind of curled up so it wasn’t a problem for him but if he was any bigger and a stomach or back sleeper he probably wouldn’t have slept well!
Thank you!

Jan 2021 we had 9 rooms, none of them crappy. We had no leaks, no issues with housekeeping, and didn't feel the rooms were best up or dark. That said, our draw was the skyliner. If you won't be utilizing that, I'm not sure what the draw of the resort would be.

Jan 2021 we had 9 rooms, none of them crappy. We had no leaks, no issues with housekeeping, and didn't feel the rooms were best up or dark. That said, our draw was the skyliner. If you won't be utilizing that, I'm not sure what the draw of the resort would be.
The draw for us is it was the only Disney resort available aside from Riverside.

The draw for us is it was the only Disney resort available aside from Riverside.
😂 That'll do it! If there's someplace else that has room that you like better, I would probably do it. We really liked CBR, but if you won't use the Skyliner you'll be limited on transportation options to Epcot and DHS. In fact, I think your only option is the Skyliner unless the Skyliner is shut down for some reason.

Quick question: we have two Standard - 5th sleeper rooms booked for April 14-16
What are the chances we will get a remodeled room?
And how can we increase the chance of having one of those rooms (if it’s at all possible)?
Thanks 😊
Chances are good honestly. Everytime I hear of someone getting the refurbished rooms, they didn’t even request them. People with 5th sleepers booked are for the most part getting them!

Chances are good honestly. Everytime I hear of someone getting the refurbished rooms, they didn’t even request them. People with 5th sleepers booked are for the most part getting them!
That’s awesome - thanks!
I will try and request it a few days before my trip - can’t hurt I guess!

We are here now in Aruba building 55. We love being extremely close to the Riviera and skyliner. This is our first time trying a moderate resort (for 13 years we have always stayed either deluxe or at Wyndham bonnet creek in a large condo). We were apprehensive because we heard rooms here were in bad shape. Honestly- the room is dark and we aren’t used to the motel style accommodations BUT we might only do moderates from now on! Having access to great food options and shopping until 11 pm, being immersed in Disney magic, direct to room access with online check in, easy transportation… what you lack in a fantastic room is easily made up for by the the beauty of the resort and the amenities it offers. In a lot of ways many deluxe category hotels offer less in terms of transportation, shopping, and dining and the cast members are just as wonderful. Even the beach club and boardwalk hotels lack in terms of dining by comparison- and the rooms aren’t significantly larger or more comfortable. Coming from a “deluxe snob”…. I don’t think they are really much of an upgrade at all unless you are in a 1 bedroom or larger villa. Compared to Saratoga Springs and Old Key West literally everything is better here at CBR. I can also confidently say that a week at the Poly or the Beach Club would not have made our vacation any more spectacular than it has been so far. After a full day at Hollywood Studios yesterday we are ready to take on MK via the Riviera Bus.

Tips- Spicy Italian Sandwich at Primo Piatto is stupid good as are the fish tacos at center town market. Oh - and apparently you can see SpaceX rocket launches from the skyliner station like we did yesterday. What a totally random and amazing moment! We met Donald, Goofy, and Pluto in the main lobby with very few guests around yesterday morning and it was epic. The skyliner is more than worth staying here for alone as it makes access to HS and Epcot stupid fast and easy.

Last edited:
We are here now in Aruba building 55. We love being extremely close to the Riviera and skyliner. This is our first time trying a moderate resort (for 13 years we have always stayed either deluxe or at Wyndham bonnet creek in a large condo). We were apprehensive because we heard rooms here were in bad shape. Honestly- the room is dark and we aren’t used to the motel style accommodations BUT we might only do moderates from now on! Having access to great food options and shopping until 11 pm, being immersed in Disney magic, direct to room access with online check in, easy transportation… what you lack in a fantastic room is easily made up for by the the beauty of the resort and the amenities it offers. In a lot of ways many deluxe category hotels offer less in terms of transportation, shopping, and dining and the cast members are just as wonderful. Even the beach club and boardwalk hotels lack in terms of dining by comparison- and the rooms aren’t significantly larger or more comfortable. Coming from a “deluxe snob”…. I don’t think they are really much of an upgrade at all unless you are in a 1 bedroom or larger villa. Compared to Saratoga Springs and Old Key West literally everything is better here at CBR. I can also confidently say that a week at the Poly or the Beach Club would not have made our vacation any more spectacular than it has been so far. After a full day at Hollywood Studios yesterday we are ready to take on MK via the Riviera Bus.

Tips- Spicy Italian Sandwich at Primo Piatto is stupid good as are the fish tacos at center town market. Oh - and apparently you can see SpaceX rocket launches from the skyliner station like we did yesterday. What a totally random and amazing moment! We met Donald, Goofy, and Pluto in the main lobby with very few guests around yesterday morning and it was epic. The skyliner is more than worth staying here for alone as it makes access to HS and Epcot stupid fast and easy.
Yay!! I'm so glad your trip is off to a great start.

The jerk chicken bowl at center town market was my favorite, for the taste and also the value.

We go down in a month, standard view 5th sleeper, and I do NOT want one of the new refurbished rooms. While I do like the everything new from a cleanliness standpoint, I think the new rooms kind of look cheap (sad to say) and they are farthest from everything, correct? Perhaps those new rooms look better in person? Wondering if putting “close to skyliner” in the drop down will better my chances for the other room type or maybe I should call?

We go down in a month, standard view 5th sleeper, and I do NOT want one of the new refurbished rooms. While I do like the everything new from a cleanliness standpoint, I think the new rooms kind of look cheap (sad to say) and they are farthest from everything, correct? Perhaps those new rooms look better in person? Wondering if putting “close to skyliner” in the drop down will better my chances for the other room type or maybe I should call?

Was just there a week ago, had a standard view 5th sleeper reserved. Requested to be close to skyliner, and got Jamaica, which is the old rooms not refurbished. We were directly across from the skyliner too, so it was very convenient!!

Skyliner question for recent guests --
how much of a game changer is skyliner versus bus?
Context: we are a family of 4, 2 adults w 2 & 5 year old. 1 week visit. Last trip was 2018 at POR. We thought we were most interested in Skyliner because we can keep the double stroller intact and we will likely take mid-day breaks. We will visit all 4 parks at opening.

Other options for us would be POP to save $400 or a studio DVC at AKL through points rental for about the same money. Really torn on how Skyliner will impact our time waiting for transportation!

When the skyliner is up and running, it's a big benefit over buses for sure, esp if you have a stroller. It's a great perk. Where it can become troublesome is inclement weather and buses come back online to take you to Epcot/DHS. They transition from skyliner down to then wait on a bus can be lengthy. If you're going in the summer/rainy season, it's definitely a consideration. We never had any major problems during an August visit since we had no ADRs or anything to rush to the parks for, but we had some long waits for sure. We also encountered people who had ADRs at the park and were late. Sometimes it was 30-45 min and other times it wasn't near as long but as always, it's all about timing. If you come in mid storm, the buses might be rolling already but if you roll into the skyliner station and a storm rolls in, you're going to wait a little bit for a bus.

AKL is nice but it's not near any park except AK and every park is a bus ride away. I would stick with either CBR or POP if you're trying to avoid a lot of buses. If you stay at CBR, request Jamaica as it's near the skyliner and not too far from the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter