Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I would imagine the entire resort will get this refurb. It would be odd for them to have such different looks. It will be interesting to see, however, if some rooms will retain two queen beds. I mean, now there are rooms without the 5th sleeper. So I would assume some rooms will be refurbed without the sleeper. Will those rooms still have the Murphy bed or two queens?

We just checked in and are in a brand new Trinidad room now! Front desk said we are the first guests to stay here since it reopened!
May I ask what room category you booked? Did you have a pirate room booked so they put you in Trinidad because of that? I ask because I have a non-pirate room fifth sleeper water view room booked for January, and I originally was going to ask for Aruba… but if there’s a possibility we can get a refurbed room under that booking, we would love that!

Is the twin bed in the new room the same size as the ones in the other rooms at CBR (63x29, I believe)? I'm hoping they are at least a little larger. There seems to be a wide variety in the size of these types of beds at different properties.

May I ask what room category you booked? Did you have a pirate room booked so they put you in Trinidad because of that? I ask because I have a non-pirate room fifth sleeper water view room booked for January, and I originally was going to ask for Aruba… but if there’s a possibility we can get a refurbed room under that booking, we would love that!
We booked a standard view fifth sleeper. Right now only one building looks done. A few more are being worked on and are blocked off. We did not book a pirate room. There are several pirate buildings that look like they have guests in them still.

Is the twin bed in the new room the same size as the ones in the other rooms at CBR (63x29, I believe)? I'm hoping they are at least a little larger. There seems to be a wide variety in the size of these types of beds at different properties.
I don’t have any way to measure exactly but that size seems about right. I think the mattress is too short for most adults.

Will reserving a 5th sleeper water view room over a standard get you a better chance of getting a room close to the FC? Preferred rooms are not available with the discount.

Just here to say that we stayed at CBR during Thanksgiving week and really, really enjoyed our stay there. I still feel that way even after we spent a 2nd week at the Poly right after.

We were in Jamaica Bldg 44. This felt like the perfect location equidistant to both Old Port Royale and the Skyliner station. Can't sing enough praises for the skyliner. It also adds a nice scenic charm to the view across Barefoot Bay. We loved both the themed main pool, and the Jamaica quiet pool which was like a 30 second walk from our room.

Centertown Market was great, way better than Capt Cook's at the Poly. We had a very enjoyable mini-meal/break at Banana Cabana. Unfortunately I'd been hoping to try Sebastian's but their limited opening times just didn't work for what we had scheduled.

The room itself wasn't anything special (certainly jealous of those who've been able to stay in the new Little Mermaid rooms!) but no complaints at all about the room.

I'll be posting one of those long full-blown trip reports in that subforum soon, for anybody interested but wanted to share how much we enjoyed the resort!

Any insight on when 2024 reservations will be open for Disney / CBR? I called today (475 days out from our stay) and was told there is a "hard hold" on any reservations after December 31st, 2023. I guess they are just working on pricing? Maybe open in January?

Any insight on when 2024 reservations will be open for Disney / CBR? I called today (475 days out from our stay) and was told there is a "hard hold" on any reservations after December 31st, 2023. I guess they are just working on pricing? Maybe open in January?

In the past, reservations opened up in June for the following year. But, booking for 2023 was available earlier than in the past. So, all we can do is wait and see. I've got a lot of folks on the "wait and see" list right now.

Just here to say that we stayed at CBR during Thanksgiving week and really, really enjoyed our stay there. I still feel that way even after we spent a 2nd week at the Poly right after.

We were in Jamaica Bldg 44. This felt like the perfect location equidistant to both Old Port Royale and the Skyliner station. Can't sing enough praises for the skyliner. It also adds a nice scenic charm to the view across Barefoot Bay. We loved both the themed main pool, and the Jamaica quiet pool which was like a 30 second walk from our room.

Centertown Market was great, way better than Capt Cook's at the Poly. We had a very enjoyable mini-meal/break at Banana Cabana. Unfortunately I'd been hoping to try Sebastian's but their limited opening times just didn't work for what we had scheduled.

The room itself wasn't anything special (certainly jealous of those who've been able to stay in the new Little Mermaid rooms!) but no complaints at all about the room.

I'll be posting one of those long full-blown trip reports in that subforum soon, for anybody interested but wanted to share how much we enjoyed the resort!

We were there during that time too and my daughter and her husband were in Jamaica 44 as well. We have always loved Caribbean Beach and that love is two-fold now that the resort has the Skyliner.

We just checked in and are in a brand new Trinidad room now! Front desk said we are the first guests to stay here since it reopened!
Do you think five fit comfortably in the remodeled rooms? We would be two adults and three kids. Someone on the Beach Club boards said the five person room there is really cramped with all the beds open.

Do you think five fit comfortably in the remodeled rooms? We would be two adults and three kids. Someone on the Beach Club boards said the five person room there is really cramped with all the beds open.
We stayed there in April as a family of 5. Obviously, not the remodeled rooms- we had 2 queens (not the sofa murphy bed) and the single, child-size pulldown. With all three beds out, it was a bit tight. As soon as my youngest woke up in the morning, we moved him off the pulldown and closed it up. Then the room was fine- just like any other hotel room with 2 queen beds. I'd imagine the remodeled rooms are no different (it is the same square footage afterall). It's probably a little tight with the child-size pulldown out, standard with it up, and then I'd imagine lots of room with the sofa murphy bed away.

It felt OK to us, space-wise. But there were only two of us and we have gotten used to staying in values so the rooms at Caribbean Beach are obviously slightly bigger than value rooms.
With all the beds open, there is not a lot of room to get around. It really just depends on your family and their need for space.
The pull down bed is small, so keep that in mind if your kids are big.
Also- I don’t think I’ve seen this mentioned- the full-size Murphy bed is not the same thick mattress that is on the regular bed. It is very firm, and I found it uncomfortable the first night. I must have gotten used to it because it didn’t bother me as much after that. But definitely the regular bed mattress was much more comfortable, and softer.
I only found this to be the case at CBR. The Murphy beds in Pop and All Star Movies seemed to have more comfortable mattresses like regular beds.

Hi all! For those of you that have stayed at CBR since Skyliners, what is the best way to MK and AK? Direct buses or skyliner to HS then bus from there?

Hi all! For those of you that have stayed at CBR since Skyliners, what is the best way to MK and AK? Direct buses or skyliner to HS then bus from there?
Keep in mind that park-to-park buses don't start until around 2pm, when park hopping starts for the day. You could Skyliner to HS and take a bus to Contemporary and then walk to MK, but that will take much longer than just taking a direct bus from CBR.

Which room types had a remodel? Thinking of coming in June and not sure which to pick for 4. Would like to be near food hall and skyliner

Which room types had a remodel? Thinking of coming in June and not sure which to pick for 4. Would like to be near food hall and skyliner
At this point they have started remodeling the rooms that were pirate-themed in Trinidad. They are located at the end of the property closest to Pop Century. They are not far from the Skyliner station, but are a bit of a walk to the main building/ main food court. There is a smaller quick service food place located right by the Trinidad pool that is very close to the remodeled rooms. If you have a refillable mug it can be refilled there, and there are Coke Freestyle machines for refills located in the different areas so they are not far away either. I found the location to be fine.

The remodeled room I was in was for 5 people. We booked it as a 5th sleeper standard room.

Always wanted to stay here but, we're looking at dates in August for 10 days, my only concern is that this resort seems huge, is it a ton of walking? 10 days at a huge resort concerns me...well my feet really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter