Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Front.

They will usually also tell Guests that there will be Skyliner Resort buses available at the Boardwalk Inn Bus Depot but,in my experience,that is a mess-not organized at all.

Also I read a recent report where Guests were told to go to Beach Club and catch a Disney Springs bus there and then transfer to their Resort bus at DS which would take a LONG time.
Wow they need to do better than that. I would Uber at that point!

We are now PIF and our Aug trip is a go! Canada just relaxed rules a little and we don’t have to quarantine 2 weeks when we get home. If you’re fully vaccinated.
Still have substantial added expense, we still have to get Covid test before flying into US, and another 72 hrs before flying home. I’m hoping by Aug this will change.

We’re here now and I just got a notification that Centertown Market is closed this morning? The notification disappeared. We had plans to eat at the YC so it doesn’t affect us, but I wonder what happened? Or is it a MDE glitch?

I got that too and actually just got another one that it is closed for lunch. I don't see any reports on it anywhere else though. Wonder what is going on with it.

I got that too and actually just got another one that it is closed for lunch. I don't see any reports on it anywhere else though. Wonder what is going on with it.

someone on FB said it’s prob due to lack of staffing. Given that it’s Wed it makes sense that Disney would spread the guests aroundI guess.

We are driving so I think I might bring our griddle and make some scrambled eggs in the morning to get some protein in our bodies before heading to the park. My son was recently diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic so gone are the days of pop tarts or other quick breakfast options. The griddle doesn't take up much room so it would not be difficult to do. We are going to have to go to the store or have delivery service to our room any way.
OK, now that makes sense, not trying to be nosy at all but just curious. I know the rooms don't have microwaves but you should have access to one at Centertown, not super convenient but it's there if nuking is needed. If you need some other diabetic friendly breakfast options and if your son will eat oatmeal, that's what we do. We just get the hot water from the coffee maker and let our oats steep. We do plain and/or sugar free.

Be mindful of where you place the griddle and what you make. It might be better off closer to the bathroom fan area if the bathrooms have one I can't recall. If you get anything smoking, you will trigger the smoke detectors, sadly we know this from experience and a toaster was involved.

We are driving so I think I might bring our griddle and make some scrambled eggs in the morning to get some protein in our bodies before heading to the park. My son was recently diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic so gone are the days of pop tarts or other quick breakfast options. The griddle doesn't take up much room so it would not be difficult to do. We are going to have to go to the store or have delivery service to our room any way.
OK, now that makes sense, not trying to be nosy at all but just curious. I know the rooms don't have microwaves but you should have access to one at Centertown, not super convenient but it's there if nuking is needed. If you need some other diabetic friendly breakfast options and if your son will eat oatmeal, that's what we do. We just get the hot water from the coffee maker and let our oats steep. We do plain and/or sugar free.

Be mindful of where you place the griddle and what you make. It might be better off closer to the bathroom fan area if the bathrooms have one I can't recall. If you get anything smoking, you will trigger the smoke detectors, sadly we know this from experience and a toaster was involved.
Sorry to be off the topic of CBR here, but I would highly recommend this rapid egg cooker for cooking in a room without a kitchen: Amazon.com: BELLA 17286 Cooker, Rapid Boiler, Poacher Maker Make up to 7 Large Boiled Eggs, Poaching and Omelete Tray included, Single Stack, Red: Kitchen & Dining

We use this in our camper all the time for hard boiled eggs and to cook perfectly round eggs for breakfast sandwiches (or whatever else you want). Just need a little bit of water and a regular plug, no smoke or heat concerns and its small enough to pack.

I’ve been wondering if the hot water from the coffee maker would work with instant oatmeal. My mother prefers oatmeal in the morning and I didn’t want to have to go to the food court every morning to use the microwave, assuming it’s available. I might have to test it with our coffee maker here at home.

You can request a microwave for the room. I don't believe its guaranteed, but if its for a medical need, they will make every effort. I don't believe there is a charge in that case either.

I’ve been wondering if the hot water from the coffee maker would work with instant oatmeal. My mother prefers oatmeal in the morning and I didn’t want to have to go to the food court every morning to use the microwave, assuming it’s available. I might have to test it with our coffee maker here at home.

Yes it does. I just bring silverware and extra cups with us. It works great. it also works for cup o noodles/ramen. I used to travel regularly and was on a strict meal plan and always made my quick oats using the coffee maker when there wasn't a microwave available.

I've done this before. Works fine!

I bring a Mini griddle too! it’s one of those small single serve griddles. I’m type 2. I make egg McMuffin using low carb wrap or english muffin if I can find them.
Also good for toasting low carb bagels! Really handy for breakfast in room.

Yes! Works just fine.

We are thinking about eating at Banana Cabana lounge our arrival day.
Do you just walk up and wait in a line to get in? How crowded will it be around 7:00 or 8:00pm? Will we have to wait long to get a seat?

Do you just walk up and wait in a line to get in? How crowded will it be around 7:00 or 8:00pm? Will we have to wait long to get a seat?

I have the same question, Mary! If I arrive at 3PM, will it be open, and can I open the jerk wings and pull apart rolls everyone raves about? :-)

We were there a few days ago at around 2pm. Seating is very limited and there was a wait/line to get in manned by a castmember. It looked like people were getting a table after 15/20 minutes. There is limited bar sitting and we sat there with no wait. The bartenders were amazing! In fact, all the castmembers at the resorts seemed to go above and beyond.

Wondering what you think we should request for a preferred room in March 2022? Only had preferred available, so I think that’s Martinique or Barbados but not sure if those are far from the skyliner. We have been to Wdw once before and stayed at WL, staying Sat-Sat with a 6, 3 and 1 year old. We’re doing 2 MK days, one AK, HS, Epcot day and going to hop to Epcot at night if the kiddos are cooperating.
Also thought the savings from CBR vs WL would allow for more Minnie vans when those are back or Uber/ taxis to the non-skyliner parks.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Wondering what you think we should request for a preferred room in March 2022? Only had preferred available, so I think that’s Martinique or Barbados but not sure if those are far from the skyliner. We have been to Wdw once before and stayed at WL, staying Sat-Sat with a 6, 3 and 1 year old. We’re doing 2 MK days, one AK, HS, Epcot day and going to hop to Epcot at night if the kiddos are cooperating.
Also thought the savings from CBR vs WL would allow for more Minnie vans when those are back or Uber/ taxis to the non-skyliner parks.
Thoughts? Thanks in advance
We recently stayed preferred in Barbados 33. It was a perfect distance to both skyliner and center town, less than a 5 minute walk to each. CBR is a huge resort and unfortunately there is no single location that is close to everything. If you’re planning to hop to Epcot at night I’d highly recommend CBR over WL. The skyliner is so much more convenient than a bus getting to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter