• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Greetings! Can't wait for our trip to Caribbean Beach in February (17th - 24th). We have stayed at the resort a handful of times dating all they way back to 2000, but haven't been there in 5 years! Looking forward to all of the upgrades and Skyliner and the updated rooms. We have reserved a preferred room and we really want to stay at Martinique. I think that Barbados is also a preferred location, but if we send in a request for Martinique a few days ahead, could we pretty much guarantee a spot there? If not, is Barbados just as close to OPR, or is Martinique closer? Thanks for any help and if anyone is going to be there President's week, let us know and say hello!

Martinique and Barbados are equally close to OPR.
--Barbados is closer to the main Skyliner gondola hub--and also to Spyglass Grill, an underappreciated gem.
--Martinique is closer to Riviera and the additional dining/bars/shopping there, as well as the Riviera gondola station

Barbados just as close to OPR, or is Martinique closer?
Some rooms in Martinique are literally STEPS away from OPR-you can be in the Food Court in seconds!

Barbados is close to OPR as well,but there is a little "space" between the closest Barbados rooms and OPR(this is the area where Centertown Buffet/"Bar Trailer"/Merchandise Trailer,etc. were positioned during the CBR refurb). :)

Is CBR doable for midday break? I assume now with HS/Epcot 10 minutes away on the Gondola line that its much easier to break on those days, and we aren't planning a full day at AK anyways (DH not interested, he's been before and its just meh to him.) But mainly we are concerned about MK. We're going in June so it will be H-O-T, and worry about taking an afternoon break.
Anyone can share?

If I apply a promotion to my current reservation, and I have a room request submitted already...will it keep the request?
I would call again and have them check to see if it’s on there. I have called to check again and it was not on there. I didn’t even change my reservation. I always double check.

Can someone talk me into a pirate room :upsidedow I am currently booked at Pop Century for late April and have the opportunity to upgrade to CRB for just a little bit more money. I have stayed at CRB before in a regular standard room and liked it. I love the tropical feeling of the resort and prefer it over the Pop theming. Unfortunately, the only room category at CRB that is available for my travel dates are pirate rooms. Which I am not overly fond of :blush: I read somewhere online that the pirate beds are not as comfortable as the regular CRB beds and asking now the experts if this is "true" (or at least if they experienced a difference in the quality of the beds). I usually find the beds at Disney hotels (stayed at AKL, CSR tower & regular rooms, POR, Pop) very comfy. I hope this isn't a silly question but I would hate to choose a hotel were I can't sleep properly ;) Thank you very much in advance:flower3:

Is CBR doable for midday break? I assume now with HS/Epcot 10 minutes away on the Gondola line that its much easier to break on those days, and we aren't planning a full day at AK anyways (DH not interested, he's been before and its just meh to him.) But mainly we are concerned about MK. We're going in June so it will be H-O-T, and worry about taking an afternoon break.
Anyone can share?

MY husband and I went on a trip sans kids last April and stayed at CBR. We did midday breaks everyday. That was pre-skyliner and it was very doable. We had a relaxed and flexible schedule though.

Is CBR doable for midday break?

Definitely.

I assume now with HS/Epcot 10 minutes away on the Gondola line that its much easier to break on those days, and we aren't planning a full day at AK anyways (DH not interested, he's been before and its just meh to him.)

Even before the Skyliner it's been no problem but now it's even easier.

But mainly we are concerned about MK. We're going in June so it will be H-O-T, and worry about taking an afternoon break.
Anyone can share?

Very easy to do midday breaks from all parks.

Can someone talk me into a pirate room :upsidedow I am currently booked at Pop Century for late April and have the opportunity to upgrade to CRB for just a little bit more money. I have stayed at CRB before in a regular standard room and liked it. I love the tropical feeling of the resort and prefer it over the Pop theming. Unfortunately, the only room category at CRB that is available for my travel dates are pirate rooms. Which I am not overly fond of :blush: I read somewhere online that the pirate beds are not as comfortable as the regular CRB beds and asking now the experts if this is "true" (or at least if they experienced a difference in the quality of the beds). I usually find the beds at Disney hotels (stayed at AKL, CSR tower & regular rooms, POR, Pop) very comfy. I hope this isn't a silly question but I would hate to choose a hotel were I can't sleep properly ;) Thank you very much in advance:flower3:

The beds are fine now, other than not being queen size. When they originally made the pirate rooms they had a weird mattress that fit into the custom pirate ship bed frame that was probably the culprit of the complaints. They adjusted the Pirate Rooms a few years back and the mattress type was changed out during that time to a more plush and filled out in the bed frame one. If you search Google image 'Caribbean Beach pirate room' you will see the old style with the copper/tan bedding and the new style with the red bedding.

This is a GIMME! Make the switch. There are SO many positives that outweighs the negatives...as the other post stated, the beds are WAY better now, and the theming is cool. Coming from someone who has always and only stayed at moderate resorts, with the Gondola, resort refurbishment, beautiful tropical grounds, pools, and everything else, I would DEFINITELY make the switch!

The beds are fine now, other than not being queen size. When they originally made the pirate rooms they had a weird mattress that fit into the custom pirate ship bed frame that was probably the culprit of the complaints. They adjusted the Pirate Rooms a few years back and the mattress type was changed out during that time to a more plush and filled out in the bed frame one. If you search Google image 'Caribbean Beach pirate room' you will see the old style with the copper/tan bedding and the new style with the red bedding.

Thank you so much :flower3: I immediately went on google an saw the differences between the old and the new pirate beds. The new beds look much more comfortable :) That is definitely something I can live with...And maybe I am lucky and they put me in a good old standard room ;)

This is a GIMME! Make the switch. There are SO many positives that outweighs the negatives...as the other post stated, the beds are WAY better now, and the theming is cool. Coming from someone who has always and only stayed at moderate resorts, with the Gondola, resort refurbishment, beautiful tropical grounds, pools, and everything else, I would DEFINITELY make the switch!

Thanks a lot :flower3: It really helps to get different opinions on the hotels. It is always such a hard decision for me but one I don't complain about as it is the best "problem" you can have ;)

I didn't realize that the beds have been upgraded, but since others are confirming that they have, I would absolutely upgrade. We have stayed at both Pop and CBR and as a resort, I would absolutely choose CBR every single time. I would keep watching to see if a non-pirate room opens up, but if not, I'd still choose CBR over POP.

I didn't realize that the beds have been upgraded, but since others are confirming that they have, I would absolutely upgrade. We have stayed at both Pop and CBR and as a resort, I would absolutely choose CBR every single time. I would keep watching to see if a non-pirate room opens up, but if not, I'd still choose CBR over POP.

Thanks for your feedback :) I made up my mind and will switch hotels. Hoping a standard room will come available or maybe I can ask at the check in if they can put me in a standard room ;) With the cheerleading contest being held end April, they might probably not be able to do so.. Nevertheless I am sure it will be beautiful at CBR and at least the pirate room brings me closer to the Skyliner station ;)

Im
Not sure if that’s where the Pirate rooms are located. I know they are in Trinidad but not sure if this is North or South Trinidad

This video is of Trinidad which is where the Pirate Themed Rooms are located, it used to be called Trinidad South. The Village that used to be Trinidad North is now called Barbados.

Im
Not sure if that’s where the Pirate rooms are located. I know they are in Trinidad but not sure if this is North or South Trinidad

There is no North or South anymore, just Trinidad for the Pirate Rooms. It used to be called Trinidad South. That video has Spyglass Grill so it's all Pirate Rooms around there. Haven't seen that video before, really good one though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter