• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Arrival day is Monday, December 30!

Of course we have to book a RotR boarding group. What is the best way to get to DHS at least a half an hour before posted opening time of 7am?

With a 7AM posted opening time the buses will start rolling at 6AM.

We don’t have a car and prefer not to pay for extra transportation.

Opening time of Skyliner?

7:30AM.

And, when does the first bus to DHS leave the resort in the AM? Any first-hand experiences??

Normally buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day. Unless a park opens at 7AM, then they start at 6AM.

With a 7AM posted opening time the buses will start rolling at 6AM.

7:30AM.

Normally buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day. Unless a park opens at 7AM, then they start at 6AM.
So Skyliner time isn’t adjusted to get you to the park before opening?

Ok... I just read thru approx 20 pages and my eyes are becoming blurry!!
So.. I booked a standard room.. I'm going to call in and request Jamaica bldg 45. Are 44 or 46 much of a difference???
I want to be closer to CBR skyliner rather than Riviera, while also being somewhat close to OPR.

So that is my 2nd question... I'm reading some say it's a far walk, and others saying it's close. Can I get an estimate in minutes from those buildings in Jamaica to a) skyliner b) OPR c) bus stop

Also... is the Joffrey's by the skyliner ddp??? Do they take snack credits for coffees and pastries??

Thanks so much!!!

So.. I booked a standard room.. I'm going to call in and request Jamaica bldg 45. Are 44 or 46 much of a difference???

Of those three:
45 is the closest to OPR.
44 is closest to the CBR Skyliner Station.
46 is neither.

As you'll see below, the differences are negligible.

I want to be closer to CBR skyliner rather than Riviera, while also being somewhat close to OPR.

Because it's closest to the bridge and path around the lake, 45 is the best of both worlds in our opinion.

So that is my 2nd question... I'm reading some say it's a far walk, and others saying it's close. Can I get an estimate in minutes from those buildings in Jamaica to a) skyliner b) OPR c) bus stop

45 a) 5 minutes
45 b) 3 minutes
45 c) 1.5 minutes
44 a) 4.5 minutes
44 b) 4 minutes
44 c) 1 minute
46 a) 5.5 minutes
46 b) 5 minutes
46 c) 45 seconds

The above times were taken from the middle of each building to each location at a very leisurely pace. So they could very ever so slightly.

Also... is the Joffrey's by the skyliner ddp??? Do they take snack credits for coffees and pastries??

Thanks so much!!!

Sorry, that I can't remember.

Thanks so much!!!
The Joffery's station at the Caribbean Beach station does take DDP. We used it often, getting off from our AoA leg, walk down the ramp, get a mocha-something for my wife and a giant doughnut for the kids to share. All snack items. Both her mocha-something and the doughnut were allowed on the Skyliner as we'd ride into HS or Epcot.

Of those three:
45 is the closest to OPR.
44 is closest to the CBR Skyliner Station.
46 is neither.

As you'll see below, the differences are negligible.

Because it's closest to the bridge and path around the lake, 45 is the best of both worlds in our opinion.

45 a) 5 minutes
45 b) 3 minutes
45 c) 1.5 minutes
44 a) 4.5 minutes
44 b) 4 minutes
44 c) 1 minute
46 a) 5.5 minutes
46 b) 5 minutes
46 c) 45 seconds

The above times were taken from the middle of each building to each location at a very leisurely pace. So they could very ever so slightly.

Sorry, that I can't remember.

You are amazing!!! Thank you so much!!

The Joffery's station at the Caribbean Beach station does take DDP. We used it often, getting off from our AoA leg, walk down the ramp, get a mocha-something for my wife and a giant doughnut for the kids to share. All snack items. Both her mocha-something and the doughnut were allowed on the Skyliner as we'd ride into HS or Epcot.

Fantastic!!!!

You are all such huge help in the planning process!! Thank you all so much!!

Walking seems to be very subjective! In all the resorts. For CBR my requests are Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 close to bridge. Our first (and only until this Aug) stay we were in Jamaica 42 close to quiet pool and didn’t feel that walk was particularly long.

Guys what's the best way to make a room request and how far out do you do it? We also emailed to have a microwave due to health issues are they good fulfilling this.

Guys what's the best way to make a room request and how far out do you do it?

Call the Main Reservations line and have the phone CM add your requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

We also emailed to have a microwave due to health issues are they good fulfilling this.

Just curious what email address did you send that request to? The Deluxes are the only resorts that have microwaves for guest rooms. There are 2 microwaves in Old Port Royal that guests can use.

Call the Main Reservations line and have the phone CM add your requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Just curious what email address did you send that request to? The Deluxes are the only resorts that have microwaves for guest rooms. There are 2 microwaves in Old Port Royal that guests can use.

I emailed the general manager, she said she would pass my request on to the relevant person. Wonder why she didn't tell me it would not be possible straight away .

Hello everyone. I’m finally getting to go back to CBR. My favorite place to stay. After 4 relaxing days, we will leave to go house hunting in Florida. My question is brief, since I haven’t stayed on property for a few years, any thing I should take in new at CBR?

I decided not to wait for a (possible) discount and booked our king room at Caribbean Beach for Veterans Day Week. Yay! Happy New Year! After researching for about a week I think CBR is our best bet for affordability and transportation options. I suspect it will become a lot more popular now that the construction is over and Skyliner is up and running, hence the not waiting and hoping for a discount later.

This will be our first Disney visit in over a decade when we stayed at All-Star Music and 22 years following our Honeymoon at Port Orleans French Quarter. Very excited to stay on property again and experience all the new rides and attractions Disney has to offer, even though I have almost a year to wait!

I decided not to wait for a (possible) discount and booked our king room at Caribbean Beach for Veterans Day Week. Yay! Happy New Year! After researching for about a week I think CBR is our best bet for affordability and transportation options. I suspect it will become a lot more popular now that the construction is over and Skyliner is up and running, hence the not waiting and hoping for a discount later.

This will be our first Disney visit in over a decade when we stayed at All-Star Music and 22 years following our Honeymoon at Port Orleans French Quarter. Very excited to stay on property again and experience all the new rides and attractions Disney has to offer, even though I have almost a year to wait!
Keep watch for when the discounts come out, if CBR has a discount for your dates you can always rebook it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter