Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

All monorail resorts have a boat option to MK.
But,as posted,only one option to Epcot-Monorail.:)

And some Guests don't like the Monorail(just as some will not like Skyliner),but that has not "forced" Disney to provide a Bus option to Epcot for the Seven Seas Lagoon Resorts.:)

Time will tell.:)

But,as posted,only one option to Epcot-Monorail.:)

And some Guests don't like the Monorail(just as some will not like Skyliner),but that has not "forced" Disney to provide a Bus option to Epcot for the Seven Seas Lagoon Resorts.:)

Time will tell.:)

I believe Ive taken a bus from Poly to Epcot. My memory keeps getting worse the more ancient I become.

We booked for 5 of us in Dec, the only option was a preferred room for 5 adults. Any reason why we can't book a room with 5th sleeper?It's DH and I with 3 grown daughters but they are all 5 feet tall so the sleeper is fine.

We booked for 5 of us in Dec, the only option was a preferred room for 5 adults. Any reason why we can't book a room with 5th sleeper?It's DH and I with 3 grown daughters but they are all 5 feet tall so the sleeper is fine.

You will be given a Preferred Room with the 5th sleeper. If you have 5 guests aged 3 or over in your party you automatically get a room with the 5th Sleeper. The bookable category of 5th Sleeper is for those parties that have less than 5 guests 3 yrs old or older who still want that 3rd sleeping surface due to some in the party not being able to or wanting to share a bed.

You will be given a Preferred Room with the 5th sleeper. If you have 5 guests aged 3 or over in your party you automatically get a room with the 5th Sleeper. The bookable category of 5th Sleeper is for those parties that have less than 5 guests 3 yrs old or older who still want that 3rd sleeping surface due to some in the party not being able to or wanting to share a bed.
I guess they changed the categories since 2015. I know we stayed in a standard back then. It’s a big price difference.

If I just put in 2 people it pulls the standard 5th sleeper. Maybe it’s just a glitch?

Hmm, well that's annoying. It's the Disney website after all, so not that I'm surprised or anything, lol. I wonder if you can book it for 2 and then call and add the 3rd person...?

Easier/quicker to get to from Caribbean Beach Resort for breakfast ... Lilo & Stitch Breakfast at Ohana or Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno?

Easier/quicker to get to from Caribbean Beach Resort for breakfast ... Lilo & Stitch Breakfast at Ohana or Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno?

I think that will depend on if the Gondolas are open. If they are open, they will take you to the International Gateway at Epcot, so the Boardwalk restaurants are a quick walk over. If they are not, then you will be going from CBR to Epcot and walking through or getting on the Monorail for the Boardwalk Restaurants or Ohanas. I would think it's 50/50 if the skyliner isn't open, or Trattoria Al Forno if it is.

Trattoria Al Forno would be quicker as DHS is only a 5 minute bus ride from CBR and then you could walk from DHS to The Boardwalk.

Getting to the Polynesian would require a 15 minute bus ride to Magic Kingdom then a Security Search at MK and then a Monorail or boat ride to the Poly or a 10 minute ride to Epcot then a Security Search at Epcot,then a Monorail ride to TTC and then walk or Monorail to Poly..:)

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but what is your input on the best standard (not preferred) rooms that are nearish to Centertown but not directly under the gondolas? If it makes a difference, we have a reservation for two rooms, a king and a standard room, so that may limit our choices of buildings.

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but what is your input on the best standard (not preferred) rooms that are nearish to Centertown but not directly under the gondolas? If it makes a difference, we have a reservation for two rooms, a king and a standard room, so that may limit our choices of buildings.

The gondolas go over both Standard sections (Jamaica and Aruba), in the buildings that are closer to the bridge to Centertown. To avoid having a Gondola pole right outside your building, my guess would be to be closer to the parking lots/bus stops, like Jamaica 46 or Aruba 53. Here is a map -- https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm @dansdad will probably have better suggestions as I didn't end up over there on our trip so I might be a little off in remembering.

Yeah Jamaica 46 is looking good for proximity to the station without having cables right over your room. Aruba 53 might be a tad closer to the lobby. Thanks for the quick response!

Staying standard 5th sleeper in 2 weeks. I still need to call and put in my request. I wonder if all the fences will still be up in Jamaica and Aruba? What would you request?

Staying standard 5th sleeper in 2 weeks. I still need to call and put in my request. I wonder if all the fences will still be up in Jamaica and Aruba? What would you request?

With Standard your only options are Jamaica and Aruba so my preference would be Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51.

dansdad, I was told that the reason for the room with the 5th sleeper is to guarantee the fold down bed, the way you explained 5th sleeper confused me, can you help me understand? We booked a 5th sleeper in april and while it may be too late to change I want to make sure I understand what I booked

We just booked CBR for the first time. Do any of the preferred rooms not have the extra bed, and if so, do they have the large screen tv that the rooms with the extra bed does? Any pictures of these rooms if the don't have the extra bed?

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter