Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Do we have any idea how far the gondola station will be from the closest building in Aruba, for example? I assume walking from your resort room to the gondola station would be how one would get there. Will there be a gondola station closer to the DVC area of the resort? From the maps I've seen it appears the CBR station will be the largest and the DVC one much smaller (if they have one, I've heard conflicting reports)...unless those maps were not to scale. Really trying to figure out what area of the resort to request Dec 2019 ;)
My first reaction when I saw location of the station was that it was too far from the resort buildings to be super convenient and on the wrong side of the resort for it to take advantage of the new centertown area. I remain cautiously optimistic but as someone who always books “preferred” location I was disappointed to see how there’s no magical location next to the centertown area and the new gondola station. On the flip side I also don’t know how loud the machinary will be either that runs this station so that could be a major factor in design and layout. But if the long term goal is to have more guests use these and less draw on busses I’m a little worried it may not hit the mark for CBR. To be fair it’s in a great location for AOA and pop century and in a pretty good location for riviera (one centralized tower helps there). For Aruba guests if riviera station will be accessible for CBR guests that may be a good idea to walk that way when open. I’m cautiously optimistic because I want it to work out but CBR is a big spread out resort serviced by 6 different bus stops currently. It will be a longer walk from the gondola station to centertown than spyglass/TN area to centertown.

The Gondola Station will be closest to Jamaica (across the lake from Trinidad South). The CBR station will be bigger as it goes in two (or three I suppose) different directions from CBR.
The station is huge. It is probably close to the size of centertown (pre construction).

But if the long term goal is to have more guests use these and less draw on busses I’m a little worried it may not hit the mark for CBR.
There is the possibility that ALL transport from CBR to DHS and Epcot will be the Skyliner similar to Epcot Transport for GF and Poly and CR being Monorail only-time will tell.:)

There is the possibility that ALL transport from CBR to DHS and Epcot will be the Skyliner similar to Epcot Transport for GF and Poly and CR being Monorail only-time will tell.:)
I don’t see it. Skyliner can’t run in lightning and that’s a pretty common seasonal occurrence in the area. I think the busses will always play a part in the transportation solution.

I am actually excited to have the option to get to boardwalk and beach and yacht club resorts and excited to have more options in general. I kind of wish they put it in a more centralized location. I trust the dis Imagineering to have a plan in place to ease my fears and I am staying tuned!

I don’t see it. Skyliner can’t run in lightning and that’s a pretty common seasonal occurrence in the area. I think the busses will always play a part in the transportation solution

Very possible buses will still be available to Epcot and DHS,BUT not a sure thing-the Friendships can't run in lightning either and they still only offer buses from the Crescent Lake Resorts to DHS when the Friendships are "down".:)

If they do still have buses available, I think it may be more because they find a good number of Guests have "height issues" with the Gondolas.:) ]

Apologies if this has been asked before. I'm staying at Caribbean Beach in Late Sep/Oct. We have a Keys to the Kingdom tour booked in the AM, and we were planning on taking a Minnie Van. Never stayed at a moderate while using this service. Is there a designated area for the minnie vans to pick up guests at this resort? Or can we specify what building we're in? Many thanks!

Apologies if this has been asked before. I'm staying at Caribbean Beach in Late Sep/Oct. We have a Keys to the Kingdom tour booked in the AM, and we were planning on taking a Minnie Van. Never stayed at a moderate while using this service. Is there a designated area for the minnie vans to pick up guests at this resort? Or can we specify what building we're in? Many thanks!

They will pick you up at the circular drive closest to your building.

Belated trip report
We stayed at CBR 8/10-8/17 in preferred. I noticed people in each of the three preferred buildings so I am not sure where rumor of 2 buildings getting closed came from but it was unfounded for our trip. That being said if they closed buildings just prior to or after our stay I was blissfully unaware.

Our first floor room request was met and was a great location. The freestyle machine was a great perk for staying here and convenient to use. We used the main pool and it was a slice of paradise. There seemed to be a lot of wasps in the area though around food and drinks but they were absolutely tame and non aggressive. I heard similar at other resorts and saw same at blizzard beach. Maybe it was just the week we came ymmv.

The ice cold busses were quick and we never had to wait long for one. We had zero problem making it to DHS at 630 for 7 am emh (the hardest thing was getting up that early but well worth it!). We also had an early magic kingdom day that busses worked just fine for.

There is construction but it is EVERYWHERE in wdw. It did feel a bit less tropical with so much disruption but as repeat visitors to resort we were excited for what the future holds. I’m a little concerned how the skyliner will play out and how the resort will handle riviera when up and running but overall it still felt very tropical. The hammocks swayed and the drinks were delicious.

We didn’t end up using the qs tent or spyglass as we planned because we chose to eat more at the parks but we did check out the centertown buffet and use the drink refills there.

Fun fact: we ran into josh from the wdw couple (on YouTube) at the pool who did a vlog while we were staying at CBR. He was a CBR newbie and his video captured a good feel for the resort.

I am excited for our next visit to see how this slice of paradise looks next summer! Maybe skyliner will be up and running by then?

Would I stay here again? Yes!! Staff was excellent and I can’t thank them enough for providing such exceptional service for our stay. We were apprehensive but they went above and beyond to make sure we had a great stay.

Question. I am debating between POR and Caribbean Resort for late August next year. I have watched some online vloggers, and have done some research on the gondolas.

My understanding ( which could be completely wrong) is that a huge advantage the Caribbean Beach Resort is that it will have the change station for the gondolas. I. E. that you can get on the studios gondola or the Epcot gondola, and go direct to those parks. Is this correct?

We have stayed at POR a long time ago, and loved the resort and the boat service to downtown Disney. But I think it would be a lot of fun to try CBR because of the gondola system, the new dining and amenities that should be up and running, and who knows what dining that might be available in the adjacent riviera DVC property.

I also wonder if I don't try CBR now and book early, this property with all its new amenities and transport might become quite a bit more expensive.... making me regret I did not try it.

What do y'all think?

Question. I am debating between POR and Caribbean Resort for late August next year. I have watched some online vloggers, and have done some research on the gondolas.

My understanding ( which could be completely wrong) is that a huge advantage the Caribbean Beach Resort is that it will have the change station for the gondolas. I. E. that you can get on the studios gondola or the Epcot gondola, and go direct to those parks. Is this correct?

We have stayed at POR a long time ago, and loved the resort and the boat service to downtown Disney. But I think it would be a lot of fun to try CBR because of the gondola system, the new dining and amenities that should be up and running, and who knows what dining that might be available in the adjacent riviera DVC property.

I also wonder if I don't try CBR now and book early, this property with all its new amenities and transport might become quite a bit more expensive.... making me regret I did not try it.

What do y'all think?
The map for the gondola system has a direct line to HS and looks like it makes a stop at Riviera resort on the way to Epcot. There's a map in the CBR rooms that shows the route.

What do y'all think?
Given the delays in the CBR construction, I'd question whether The Riviera or the Gondola will be completed by August with any certainty.

Given the delays in the CBR construction, I'd question whether The Riviera or the Gondola will be completed by August with any certainty.

You are right. It's a crap shoot whether the amenities and new transport are likely to be open and operating. The new old port royals, centreville and TS restaurant should be by late August /early September. My guess is the gondola from PoP and A&A to CBR to the studios- by the end of August I feel are pretty decent odds that it will be operating, say 50/50. Now, the gondola to Rivera and on to Epcot, I think it's less likely to not at all to be operating.

It's a total guess, but the vloggers have some pretty good videos, and it shows the ramped up speed Disney is putting into the CBR station, and the studio station, with far less happening at Epcot and riviera....

These unofficial (therefore not perfectly reliable) sources show the CBR as the hub for the gondola station. That the PoP line will stop at CBR and then continue on to the riviera with a stop,, and then continue on a 'turn station' with no stop at the boardwalk and ending at Epcot international showcase gate. But also at CBR there is a direct Gondola to the studios. So CBR will reign King of the Gondola's for quickest gondola to both parks with either no stops, (studios) or fewest stops (Epcot)

If you are coming from PoP you have to get off at CBR and get on the other gondola line to go to the studios. Same goes with Epcot people going to studios, and riviera people to studios. Epcot to PoP or PoP to Epcot, you stay on your gondola. (Again, don't know if this is true or not, just a summary from the research on YouTube and the web from unofficial sources!)

I think this fact, along with the new common facilities of CS and TS, and other updates mean perhaps a pretty big jump in both popularity and rates at CBR. So I kinda want to stay there on the cusp, where some if not all the features are happening, but perhaps not the true inflation of rates has taken place.

Please note, I have no insider information, just trying to make an educated guess. I hope more CBR vets will put in their two cents so I can learn more. And it's fun to armchair speculate!

Belated trip report
We stayed at CBR 8/10-8/17 in preferred. I noticed people in each of the three preferred buildings so I am not sure where rumor of 2 buildings getting closed came from but it was unfounded for our trip. That being said if they closed buildings just prior to or after our stay I was blissfully unaware.

Our first floor room request was met and was a great location. The freestyle machine was a great perk for staying here and convenient to use. We used the main pool and it was a slice of paradise. There seemed to be a lot of wasps in the area though around food and drinks but they were absolutely tame and non aggressive. I heard similar at other resorts and saw same at blizzard beach. Maybe it was just the week we came ymmv.

The ice cold busses were quick and we never had to wait long for one. We had zero problem making it to DHS at 630 for 7 am emh (the hardest thing was getting up that early but well worth it!). We also had an early magic kingdom day that busses worked just fine for.

There is construction but it is EVERYWHERE in wdw. It did feel a bit less tropical with so much disruption but as repeat visitors to resort we were excited for what the future holds. I’m a little concerned how the skyliner will play out and how the resort will handle riviera when up and running but overall it still felt very tropical. The hammocks swayed and the drinks were delicious.

We didn’t end up using the qs tent or spyglass as we planned because we chose to eat more at the parks but we did check out the centertown buffet and use the drink refills there.

Fun fact: we ran into josh from the wdw couple (on YouTube) at the pool who did a vlog while we were staying at CBR. He was a CBR newbie and his video captured a good feel for the resort.

I am excited for our next visit to see how this slice of paradise looks next summer! Maybe skyliner will be up and running by then?

Would I stay here again? Yes!! Staff was excellent and I can’t thank them enough for providing such exceptional service for our stay. We were apprehensive but they went above and beyond to make sure we had a great stay.
Thank you for the report!

We booked our bounce back and we are heading back to CBR next August, excited to see all the changes since last time! Fingers crossed gondola is up and running by then (though I obviously am not counting on anything)

We are booking our bounceback for Dec 2019 in hopes that Galaxy's Edge may be open and hoping that the gondola system will be operational. Is that a pipedream? Surely December is "late fall 2019"?!? I mentioned it before but still wondering what area would be best to stay in at CBR in order to make best use of the new transportation? I'm guessing we just dont know yet. If CBR is to be a hub then what would be the closest, Aruba? How long will it take to walk to the gondola station? Would the Riviera station be closer if staying on the other side of the resort? Would that be a better option. I dislike the uncertainty!

We are booking our bounceback for Dec 2019 in hopes that Galaxy's Edge may be open and hoping that the gondola system will be operational. Is that a pipedream? Surely December is "late fall 2019"?!? I mentioned it before but still wondering what area would be best to stay in at CBR in order to make best use of the new transportation? I'm guessing we just dont know yet. If CBR is to be a hub then what would be the closest, Aruba? How long will it take to walk to the gondola station? Would the Riviera station be closer if staying on the other side of the resort? Would that be a better option. I dislike the uncertainty!
Jamaica will be closest to the CBR gondola station/hub. December 2019 is NOT a pipe dream, everything you mention is supposed to be open by then. Obviously, unforeseen circumstances could still interfere with that. :magnify: We're all watching and waiting for more news, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter