Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hello everyone,

We are supposed to be flying in early Sunday morning, yeah I know...

...We are having a massive case of Deja Vu because this happened to us last year in October, we ended up driving down instead of flying and Disney was closed for a single day and everything worked out... we bought food along the route to have when we got there so we didn't have to worry about the stores being out or taking from people that couldn't get out of the area to shop...

In any event, just in case we actually do end up flying in rather than drive down... can anyone recommend grocery delivery services you have used in the past that deliver to your room? Thinking a case of bottle water and some snacks might be a good idea....

Last year Disney closed for a day, and luckily we had food to sustain us till it opened back up....

Thanks in advance!

If you fly and if possible, I'd pack whatever you can. I've read reports of Amazon Prime Now and Garden Grocer cancelling items from orders already because stores are out. My relatives in Orlando said it took hours yesterday to find gas and bread. Water, milk, and other staples are completely gone - so unless more arrives any local delivery service won't be able to supply orders.

We just returned yesterday from a wonderful trip! We weren't sure what to expect from Caribbean Beach with all the construction but we really enjoyed the resort! We had a king bed room in Jamaica, building 42. It was a great location. However, we didn't use the food court at all so I'm not sure if it is located in good proximity to that. I didn't realize that from custom house you can't really walk to any of the buildings (I don't think?) and have to take or at least can take an internal bus. The Magical Express drops you off at custom house. We took this bus a couple times to get to custom house (where you check in). We really loved our room and thought it was the most spacious room we've ever stayed in. The only downside really was the buses. We waited quite a while for return buses to CB from the parks and one day waited almost 30 minutes for a bus to MK and others had been waiting at least 15 minutes longer than that. We missed rope drop due to this and it kind of didn't have an impact on how much we were able to get done that day. It was also kind of inconvenient that the bus makes multiple stops at all the different sections (like Martinique, Trinidad etc). Our stop, Jamaica, I think was the second to last stop. It really wasn't a huge deal and didn't impact us really but it does add time. We went to the main pool once which was walking distance from our building. It was a very cool pool area! There were towels there. The resort, especially the walk along the water, was really peaceful. We would definitely stay here again!

Last edited:
How is the buffet at breakfast? Comparable quality to the character buffets? Minus the atmosphere and fun?

How is the buffet at breakfast? Comparable quality to the character buffets? Minus the atmosphere and fun?

I haven't done any character buffets so I can't compare, but on it's own I thought it was a good value for the price (or QS credit if you're on the DP). There was a good amount of select and nothing I tasted was bad. Nothing was knock-your-socks-off-good, but it was a decent and filling breakfast.

@peanutgirl & @Micharlotte

If you can keep us posted on how things are going there... My Husband and I just changed our flights, we are flying in on Saturday, staying at the near by Marriott Saturday Night and checking in to CRB Sunday....

NOAA just posted the following track... (and it keeps changing, in truth since it hit Puerto Rico it has barely move, those poor folks).

Attachments

• 175630_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
    175630_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
We were supposed to arrive saturday now postponed until May due to Irma.

Ive been so invested in what is happening at cbr due to my upcoming trip and am interested now to see what is happening by spring.

When i rescheduled, i was put through to guest services who told me that i would still receive my gift cards. Im so nervous bc ive read that the phone folks can be notoriously wrong. Those gift cards are an important piece of our trip and budget.

9 days out and not-so-patiently watching Irma. We will be driving, so luckily we don't have to worry about flying. We are praying for a no-hitter!

Orlando International Airport to close Saturday at 5 p.m. due to Irma

We fly in at 9:45 on Saturday, so we are still go....

Latest Storm update on Irma has her riding the coast, for those that enjoy Vero Beach they are gonna probably feel it pretty bad.

This is the site where all the weather stations get their Hurricane information and it updates every two hours! It is the most up-to-date source other than the UK weather models (Europe has the best charting system and NOAA has started to defer to it... guess that's what happens when the government is willing to help pay for science, but I digress.)

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Last edited:
There were no pins or construction cooler in our room. We also were not given our gift card when we checked in. I had to ask about it and the CM said there was nothing noted on our file. She asked when we booked and I told her beginning of March and I had an email confirming we should be receiving the gift cards. She checked in the back and it was waiting there for us in an envelope.

We are in Jamaica, room 4322 and I absolutely love this location. We are at the end of a little U shaped alcove that feels more protected from the outside elements. We are on the first floor so will stock pile some extra towels in case there is so much rain from Irma that it starts to try to seep underneath our door (this happened to us while in Punta Cana during a tropical storm). Our room is also very close to Jamaica's pool and laundry, the bus stop, the drink machine, and there is a food marketplace just around the corner from us. It's also pretty close walk to the main pool and food truck/buffet. We are here for two weeks so loving our location is a big deal. I was concerned about it feeling too spread out but I am quite pleased.

The construction doesn't look great when you first arrive but it's hardly noticeable in our everyday. Gift cards > constructions by a large margine, imo.

Husband and I split the fish quesadillas with rice and beans and jerk chips as sides from the food truck when we first arrived yesterday. Subbed our drink for a brownie. The meal really hit the spot after our travels.

Love the bus stop with the ETA for each park bus on a tv screen. We've only ever stayed value before and don't remember seeing those before. Really handy.

Overall, very happy with our decision to stay here.

Quick question - can anyone tell me how to check the phone messages in our room? The message retrival button has been flashing since yesterday afternoon and when I called "front desk", they said to hang up, and put in the first four letters of our last name but it doesn't work. I still can't figure it out, herp derp.

There were no pins or construction cooler in our room. We also were not given our gift card when we checked in. I had to ask about it and the CM said there was nothing noted on our file. She asked when we booked and I told her beginning of March and I had an email confirming we should be receiving the gift cards. She checked in the back and it was waiting there for us in an envelope.

We are in Jamaica, room 4322 and I absolutely love this location. We are at the end of a little U shaped alcove that feels more protected from the outside elements. We are on the first floor so will stock pile some extra towels in case there is so much rain from Irma that it starts to try to seep underneath our door (this happened to us while in Punta Cana during a tropical storm). Our room is also very close to Jamaica's pool and laundry, the bus stop, the drink machine, and there is a food marketplace just around the corner from us. It's also pretty close walk to the main pool and food truck/buffet. We are here for two weeks so loving our location is a big deal. I was concerned about it feeling too spread out but I am quite pleased.

The construction doesn't look great when you first arrive but it's hardly noticeable in our everyday. Gift cards > constructions by a large margine, imo.

Husband and I split the fish quesadillas with rice and beans and jerk chips as sides from the food truck when we first arrived yesterday. Subbed our drink for a brownie. The meal really hit the spot after our travels.

Love the bus stop with the ETA for each park bus on a tv screen. We've only ever stayed value before and don't remember seeing those before. Really handy.

Overall, very happy with our decision to stay here.
Our last trip was in Jamaica very close to your room-I agree it is an excellent location!

The hammocks are close by too!!!!:)

If you really want the Pins,I would just swing by Trinidad North to Concierge the next time are over by the Pool or Centertown Buffet and ask for some-I feel sure they will get you some.

The Values do have the Bus Boards now also.:)

Have fun!!!!:)

This hammock is calling your name!!!!
34701032841_acd11883a7_h.jpg

Last edited:
22 Days!! Glad to hear the positive trip reports - and the helpful remarks about specific locations. A good friend who loved to stay there with his late wife recommended Jamaica or Aruba. I was leaning toward Jamaica 46 or Aruba 56 as they are closest to the bus stops. I was really hoping the Minnie Van service would be rolled out to CBR by the time we get there, but I haven't seen anything to that effect. We are doing breakfast at 1900 Park Faire one morning, so I figure we'll just cab or Uber that trip. I assume cabs or Ubers can only pick up at Custom House, is that true? So we'd need to shuttle there first.

22 Days!! Glad to hear the positive trip reports - and the helpful remarks about specific locations. A good friend who loved to stay there with his late wife recommended Jamaica or Aruba. I was leaning toward Jamaica 46 or Aruba 56 as they are closest to the bus stops. I was really hoping the Minnie Van service would be rolled out to CBR by the time we get there, but I haven't seen anything to that effect. We are doing breakfast at 1900 Park Faire one morning, so I figure we'll just cab or Uber that trip. I assume cabs or Ubers can only pick up at Custom House, is that true? So we'd need to shuttle there first.

We've always been picked up at the circular drive of our building when using a cab or Uber.

We've always been picked up at the circular drive of our building when using a cab or Uber.
Used Uber twice at Trinidad North, once for early entry at AK (we wanted FOP and I didn't trust the bus) and once for Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Both times, they picked me up in the circular entry in front of my village and were within a minute of my requested time. I'll do it again.

Here's a question...If I order Garden Grocer, and call bell services to deliver, do I have to be in the room when they bring it?

Used Uber twice at Trinidad North, once for early entry at AK (we wanted FOP and I didn't trust the bus) and once for Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Both times, they picked me up in the circular entry in front of my village and were within a minute of my requested time. I'll do it again.

I was thinking of doing this too for FOP.... how did it work out for you? Did you get on the ride without a hideous huge wait? Any tips??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter