• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Yes, Bell Services will hold you bags and grocery order until you get back to the resort and your room is ready. Just call them from your room and they will bring them to you.

We are also planning to arrive/check in at the crack of dawn. I plan to drop our bags and head to MK for RD and breakfast... I was hoping they would just deliver our bags to the room while we are out..Do I have to wait until we get to the room to call?? It will be late and we'll be tuckered out. Can I ask for and get an earlier delivery?

We are also planning to arrive/check in at the crack of dawn. I plan to drop our bags and head to MK for RD and breakfast... I was hoping they would just deliver our bags to the room while we are out..Do I have to wait until we get to the room to call?? It will be late and we'll be tuckered out. Can I ask for and get an earlier delivery?

Yes, you have to wait until you're in the room. Magical Express are the only one's that will deliver to your room without you in it.

We arrive tomorrow for our first stay @ CBR....so excited. Haven't been to WDW since 2014 and we usually stay @ POFQ....but the gift card was too good to pass up. We are in the parks all day so I don'r care about construction...I'll just roll with it. I'd rather be @ CBR w/construction then be home...so I'm good with it :)

We check in this coming week. I have not actually seen any of the construction, so I'm not sure what is going on exactly? We booked a preferred room, will frequent the pool, won't eat in the food court much and have our own vehicle (but will use the bus one morning for MK opening). Advise on where to request between Trinidad North or Martinique? Any other suggestions? I appreciate any help!

I can't believe we check in tomorrow!! We have been touring southern Florida this past week, and our adult daughters are flying down to meet us at CBR tomorrow:) Disney World here we come!!

Yes, you have to wait until you're in the room. Magical Express are the only one's that will deliver to your room without you in it.
We will be arriving on ME.. with our carry on only luggage.. Does that count? Sorry to be such a bother.. This is a new resort for me. Although we did eat at Shutter's once.. grin..

We will be arriving on ME.. with our carry on only luggage.. Does that count?

No. Carry on luggage will have to be given to Bell Services. For Bell Services to deliver bags or groceries, you have to be in your room. For checked luggage picked up at MCO by Magical Express can and will be delivered to your room without you in it.

This isn't a CBR thing, but a WDW wide thing.

Just came back from a week long stay at CBR and we loved it! We were in Aruba and close to a Freestyle Coke machine and the Island Market. We loved both of those... we had a rental car so would drive to the parking closest to Centertown and used the pool there and the kids area and the Cabana bar and the buffet and could fill up our mugs there as well! They had texted us earlier in the day that our room was ready but we stopped at the Custom House for our construction $75 per night gift card and it was waiting for us and we also had a pin set waiting in the room for us... the construction didn't bother us at all and really did not affect our vacation there at all..

Is everyone getting a $75 per night gift card during the construction period or were you one of the lucky ones that expressed concern early on and got it?

No. Carry on luggage will have to be given to Bell Services. For Bell Services to deliver bags or groceries, you have to be in your room. For checked luggage picked up at MCO by Magical Express can and will be delivered to your room without you in it.

OK... got it... Thanks, We'll have to stop by CH after the parks to get our bags... or come back during the day if we want to get bags earlier. I have never planned to arrive so early in the day before.

Last edited:
We just got home yesterday from a six night stay at CBR. I was very concerned about construction prior to our trip and honestly went into our trip very low expectations for the resort. I was so extremely surprised- this is now my favorite moderate.

Here are a few details of our stay:
We arrived around 8pm and after a super fast check in we were told we would be given a ride to our room (in Aruba 53) by bell services. It was about a 30 minute wait. The kids were getting restless and the people at the bell services booth were so amazing. They gave the kids magic wands, pirates treasure, stickers and a cooler bag filled with snacks and drinks. Room was super clean, but I didn't love the location. About 5 min walk to bus stop and about 10-15 to get to food trucks, tent and large pool. If it was just an adult trip it would be fine, it was a bit long with the kids after a long, hot day.

We absolutely loved the resort, although we didn't love our exact location, I would stay again in a heartbeat. It was beautiful. Construction was not an issue at all. There is a crazy amount of construction everywhere in WDW, the resort construction had no impact on us. We couldn't hear a thing, even in the middle of the afternoon when the kids napped. The only time we really heard it was when we were down on the beach in the hammocks and even then it wasn't a big deal.

We ate at the resort just one meal and it was truly awful. Burgers were cold, salad was brown. Definitely don't recommend eating there.

Bus service at some points was great and at others terrible. We couldn't make it to pre-park opening reservations using buses. We had to use Lyft, which was easy and not expensive. Buses back to the resort mid-day and then back to parks at night were always timely. I don't think we waited more than 10 minutes. Going back to resort at the end of the night was rough- very long wait, but that is to be expected I think.

If you have an upcoming stay, don't fret about construction and have a great time! I wish we could go back!

I have found this to always be true as well until recently. DS and I went for a quick 2 night stay in POP at the end of July. Since it was a short trip we both had a carry on suitcase and a backpack. When we arrived at POP our room was not ready so off to leave the luggage with Bell Services we went. When we dropped off our things the Bellman said that when our room was ready they would deliver our luggage to our room. I told him that I had never heard of that before and he said not to worry that it would be in the room when we returned from the park. As DS and I were walking over to catch a bus to Disney Springs I told him that I will be surprised and shocked if it was in the room when we returned. Upon returning to the hotel that evening we went to the room where I was fully expecting no luggage to be there. We opened the door and it was all sitting in the room waiting for us. I do not know if it is a new thing they are starting at POP or at all Disney Resorts but, I like it!

I just saw on a fb post that someone said the food trucks last day was today or coming very soon. Anyone able to confirm this? It is the food truck that serves the gyros. I hear it's pretty tasty, so I was looking forward to trying it out in a couple of weeks!

I just saw on a fb post that someone said the food trucks last day was today or coming very soon. Anyone able to confirm this? It is the food truck that serves the gyros. I hear it's pretty tasty, so I was looking forward to trying it out in a couple of weeks!

What??!! Taking away more stuff???

Just got back last night after 5 nights at CBR. It was a great stay- everything that I would say has already been said except for one thing:

If your last day at the resort is a park day (we checked out yesterday morning but our flight wasn't until 8:15 pm so we spent the day at Epcot) make sure to give yourself plenty of time in the morning to get around the resort. You will need to request a van from bell services to bring you and your luggage to the custom house if you are using airline check in. If you aren't using airline check in and have express check out, no need to go to customs house- just send your bags with bell services and get the claim tickets. For us, we were using airline check in so we hitched a ride with bell services, then went through the check in THEN had to wait for an internal shuttle to take us back to one of the bus stops to get a bus to the park. So if you have any early ADRs or want to be at the park at rope drop, be sure to give yourselves plenty of time.

Hello everyone,

We are supposed to be flying in early Sunday morning, yeah I know...

...We are having a massive case of Deja Vu because this happened to us last year in October, we ended up driving down instead of flying and Disney was closed for a single day and everything worked out... we bought food along the route to have when we got there so we didn't have to worry about the stores being out or taking from people that couldn't get out of the area to shop...

In any event, just in case we actually do end up flying in rather than drive down... can anyone recommend grocery delivery services you have used in the past that deliver to your room? Thinking a case of bottle water and some snacks might be a good idea....

Last year Disney closed for a day, and luckily we had food to sustain us till it opened back up....

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter