Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I do love that your chart backs it all up.
We have had the very fortunate luck to be on the short end of bus waits most all the time. It's rare for us to have lengthy waits even close to 20 min. Most of the time we walk up and a bus pulls up. But boy, do those long waits stand out the worse.

whoa! ( i don't think that hard on vaca.. lol..) good job though, I appreciate your work on this

On Saturday June 3, while others were having fun, I timed the departures of buses from Jamaica for 90 minutes. I then calculated actual times between the departures of buses to the same park.

For AK and MK the average interval between departures was 14 minutes; HS saw 15 minutes between departures; Epcot was 17.

Since you could arrive anytime in the departure interval, on average during this period your expected wait to departure would be half the average interval, or 7-9 minutes.

These averages mask, however, variability in actual departure intervals. The longest waits were 26 minutes for HS, 22 for Epcot, 23 for MK, and 20 minutes for AK. So a family that by chance picked the longest-interval buses, and arrived right after the prior bus departed, would have a very different experience than the “average.”

To illuminate this, I graphed “minutes to next bus to same park” vs percentage of all intervals, and got the following:

View attachment 242970

What you can see is that the 50th percentile interval (marked in red) was 15 minutes—so half of users should have an expected wait of half of that. The 80th percentile interval (gold) was 20 minutes, suggesting that even in the worst case of arriving right after a park bus left, 80% of trips would see a wait of 20 minutes or less.

These conclusions strictly speaking of course apply only to the time I observed, (June 3, 3.30p to 5p), but sometimes data helps interpret anecdotes.

On Saturday June 3, while others were having fun, I timed the departures of buses from Jamaica for 90 minutes. I then calculated actual times between the departures of buses to the same park.

For AK and MK the average interval between departures was 14 minutes; HS saw 15 minutes between departures; Epcot was 17.

Since you could arrive anytime in the departure interval, on average during this period your expected wait to departure would be half the average interval, or 7-9 minutes.

These averages mask, however, variability in actual departure intervals. The longest waits were 26 minutes for HS, 22 for Epcot, 23 for MK, and 20 minutes for AK. So a family that by chance picked the longest-interval buses, and arrived right after the prior bus departed, would have a very different experience than the “average.”

To illuminate this, I graphed “minutes to next bus to same park” vs percentage of all intervals, and got the following:

View attachment 242970

What you can see is that the 50th percentile interval (marked in red) was 15 minutes—so half of users should have an expected wait of half of that. The 80th percentile interval (gold) was 20 minutes, suggesting that even in the worst case of arriving right after a park bus left, 80% of trips would see a wait of 20 minutes or less.

These conclusions strictly speaking of course apply only to the time I observed, (June 3, 3.30p to 5p), but sometimes data helps interpret anecdotes.

I appreciate that. The time frame you monitored was when we would be heading back to the parks from a break, and had heard it was a "slower" time for the buses. I was really fearing an hour long wait or something!

I am wondering if anyone has this same scenario:
We originally booked our trip in September at Pop March 5th and then we changed reservations to Caribbean Resort on March 25th. I know the deadline for qualifying for the $75 nightly gift card was March 20th, but I had called and spoke with a CM and they said since I booked before March 20th (she looked at my reservation) I would get the $75 nightly gift card. Because I thought/knew I wasn't going to get it but has anyone experienced this? I am not planning on getting them but I will be surprised if we were to. I am not looking to rip the system because I am not planning to get them, just curious if this happened to anyone.

Thanks in advance!!

Has the construction affected bus service at CBR? since (Iguess) there are fewer guests, have they cut back on the bus service?

FWIW, I emailed GS with the issues we had during our trip, which included a 2 night stay at CBR. A GS manager called me back several days later. We had HORRIBLE bus service while at CBR. In those 2 nights we waited 2.5 hours for buses - once to MK, once to HS, and another to MK. Mind you, it was our luck. Lots and lots of buses were coming, just not ours. For example the first 50 min wait for MK, we saw 3 AK buses, 2 buses each for HS and Epcot, and numerous internal - just no MK buses. Same thing for HS the next evening - ironically 3 MK buses, and multiple Epcot and AK. It was OUR luck.

The manager said he passed along our issue and had already spoken with Disney transportation. they did "greatly" cut back bus service to CBR. 1. less occupancy and 2. due to construction they have to limit how many buses are in "the loop," since they don't all fit - physically not enough space with the roads blocked.

View attachment 242970

I think it is going to affect what time you are using the bus service. When we are down there in August, I'll definitely make notes on the timing of the buses.

View attachment 242970

Has the construction affected bus service at CBR? since (Iguess) there are fewer guests, have they cut back on the bus service?
Your exact question was addressed by the above post.

Bottom line, no

I am here now for 1 night before moving to BOardwalk villas. I can say it just isn't for me and I haven't seen my room yet. The place is fine but my family has a child that has some impatients issues and he is suffering. The internal buses are the issue. At ft wilderness we were in the first loop of cabins and walked to the main bus stop. That doesn't work in this resort layout but that is just how this resort is and maybe not construction related.

I am wondering if anyone has this same scenario:
We originally booked our trip in September at Pop March 5th and then we changed reservations to Caribbean Resort on March 25th. I know the deadline for qualifying for the $75 nightly gift card was March 20th, but I had called and spoke with a CM and they said since I booked before March 20th (she looked at my reservation) I would get the $75 nightly gift card. Because I thought/knew I wasn't going to get it but has anyone experienced this? I am not planning on getting them but I will be surprised if we were to. I am not looking to rip the system because I am not planning to get them, just curious if this happened to anyone.

Thanks in advance!![/QU
We had a similar scenario, not exactly the same as yours. We originally booked a split stay between CBR and BWI. The first half of the trip was the Caribbean and the second half Boardwalk. I booked the reservations at the end of February, before the March 20th cutoff on gift cards. I got the email about the GCs for CBR. We then decided to drop the BW and make our entire stay at CBR. So in early April I cancelled BW and extended the CBR ressie through the rest of the trip. I wasn't sure about the GCs during the second half of our stay because those nights were booked after March 20. I called Disney and the CM checked with a supervisor and they said because the original reservation was booked prior to March 20, they were going to extend the GCs through all seven nights. I know this sounds really confusing, I confused myself and the poor CM who worked with me :rolleyes: But the gist is that since the original reservation was made before the cut off date, we get the GCs for the entire stay even though I changed up some days after March 20. Not sure if this is what you meant by changing from Pop to CBR, but this is what we experienced. Good luck and have a great trip :flower1:

just got back from a stay at caribbean beach. construction didn't bother us at all, but then again, we were in the parks all day. got the cooler bag filled with snacks. the only issue i had was one morning with the buses, we waited 50 minutes for a bus to animal kingdom and got there after the park opened because of it. other than that, our stay was great!

just got back from a stay at caribbean beach. construction didn't bother us at all, but then again, we were in the parks all day. got the cooler bag filled with snacks. the only issue i had was one morning with the buses, we waited 50 minutes for a bus to animal kingdom and got there after the park opened because of it. other than that, our stay was great!

:thanks:

So, am I silly to book a quick 2 night visit here KNOWING there is construction?! No parks for us - just pool time and Disney Springs. Are there characters visiting the pool area? I thought I read something about that happening as a "perk" due to construction. Just wondering if anyone can confirm that. IF we do book we would be a standard room for 5...any clue what building that may put us in?

The price is comparable to one other resort outside of Dis, so its here or elsewhere in Orlando...taking suggestions :rotfl2:

We love CBR and hope to still love it after the construction is done. We are staying there for a week in July and will receive $75 GC per night and summer room discount. This will be our 7th stay there since 2006! I've read a lot of this thread but not all, and I'm sorry if this question has been asked. Is OPR being completely torn down or just updated inside? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
We love CBR and hope to still love it after the construction is done. We are staying there for a week in July and will receive $75 GC per night and summer room discount. This will be our 7th stay there since 2006! I've read a lot of this thread but not all, and I'm sorry if this question has been asked. Is OPR being completely torn down or just updated inside? Thank you in advance.
Completely torn down.
Read updated posts on page one. It will give you ALL info.

Completely torn down.
Read updated posts on page one. It will give you ALL info.
I thought I read everything on page one but must of missed it. Thanks for your response. I'm kind of bummed it's going to be torn down, I love OPR!! Hope I will love the new one just as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter