Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I've had good luck requesting rooms through Touring Plans. Is there anywhere that shows exactly what rooms in each building are what category? I would hate to guess and then request a room that's not in the category that I booked. Thanks!

Yup.

The internal Bus will not be running at that hour.

Yup. They will gladly load you and all your luggage into one of their vans, drive you to your building and bring your luggage to your room.

Not unless you really want the exercise. :rotfl2:
Thanks

We were just at CB Oct 1-9 and even though I had called and requested Jamaica or Aruba and did the online checkin requesting Jamaica we were in Barbados 11. Every time we made the LONG walk to Port Royale or the pool I cursed myself that I didn't try and change it when we first got there!
Also, our room didn't have a clock but I knew from reading in one of the threads that I could call and request one so that's what I did but it took me waiting on hold 30 minutes to get through. Do all the rooms not have clocks now?

We were just at CB Oct 1-9 and even though I had called and requested Jamaica or Aruba and did the online checkin requesting Jamaica we were in Barbados 11. Every time we made the LONG walk to Port Royale or the pool I cursed myself that I didn't try and change it when we first got there!
Also, our room didn't have a clock but I knew from reading in one of the threads that I could call and request one so that's what I did but it took me waiting on hold 30 minutes to get through. Do all the rooms not have clocks now?

They removed the clocks from all WDW rooms. If a guest requests one and they bring one I don't know if they go back and remove it again. So some may have one now, but about 6 months ago every one was removed property wide.

Heading to Carribbean Bach Resort January 29th 2017-February 3rd. I have booked a King bed room and was wondering if the King Bed locations are in certain buildings or if they are scattered throughout all the building at CBR? Trying to decide what would be best to make for a request as far as location, during online check-in.

Also as far as using the bus transportation to and from parks, I was looking at the maps and does anyone have experience as to whether taking a bus all the way to Magic Kingdom is easier/faster or would it be easier/faster to take a bus to Epcot and hop on the monorail to Magic Kingdom?

Heading to Carribbean Bach Resort January 29th 2017-February 3rd. I have booked a King bed room and was wondering if the King Bed locations are in certain buildings or if they are scattered throughout all the building at CBR? Trying to decide what would be best to make for a request as far as location, during online check-in.

There are King Rooms in every building except Trinidad South, which is all Pirate Themed Rooms. If you want to be as close as possible to OPR and the Main Feature Pool I would request Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 or 26.

Let me suggest that you phone in your building request. The only option during Online Check in is Martinique.

Also as far as using the bus transportation to and from parks, I was looking at the maps and does anyone have experience as to whether taking a bus all the way to Magic Kingdom is easier/faster or would it be easier/faster to take a bus to Epcot and hop on the monorail to Magic Kingdom?

As @WDWAurora stated, it would be much easier and quicker to bus directly to MK.

Yup.

The internal Bus will not be running at that hour.

Yup. They will gladly load you and all your luggage into one of their vans, drive you to your building and bring your luggage to your room.

Not unless you really want the exercise. :rotfl2:
You are SICK! Lol!

@dansdad...
We have never called in a request, always just used TPs fax and always received the building we requested. (But, we've also always stopped at Custom House to check in.)
This is our first time having a king room, would you recommend I call with my building request? Does it seem to make a difference if you do online check in and get the text? Or do you have better luck in person at CH? (We are quite fond of Carlos from PR and we actually enjoy the check in process! Lol)
If calling how many days in advance do you recommend and is it the (407) 934-3400 number you used? (I've actually never called them...)
TIA, and again THANKS for all the help and support you do on this thread!!!

We have never called in a request, always just used TPs fax and always received the building we requested. (But, we've also always stopped at Custom House to check in.)
This is our first time having a king room, would you recommend I call with my building request?

If you've had good luck with the TP Fax, I would do that and call your requests in. As long as they are the same, it is no problem doing both.

Does it seem to make a difference if you do online check in and get the text? Or do you have better luck in person at CH?

There's no difference. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days before you arrive no matter if you do Online Check In or not.

(We are quite fond of Carlos from PR and we actually enjoy the check in process! Lol)

So do we. Even if you do Online Check In you can always stop by the Front Desk too. We usually do.

If calling how many days in advance do you recommend and is it the (407) 934-3400 number you used? (I've actually never called them...)

You can call any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. The number I use is 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639)

TIA, and again THANKS for all the help and support you do on this thread!!!

:thumbsup2 My pleasure.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Given that CBR is so big, which village would you choose that would minimize walking? We don't mind walking a little ways but we do have a little one. Back when I was on here more stalking out free dining, I remember a post about walking a lot and also waiting for the buses for awhile. Just wondering if there is any certain village that is better than the other in that aspect? We will be in a standard room.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Given that CBR is so big, which village would you choose that would minimize walking? We don't mind walking a little ways but we do have a little one. Back when I was on here more stalking out free dining, I remember a post about walking a lot and also waiting for the buses for awhile. Just wondering if there is any certain village that is better than the other in that aspect? We will be in a standard room.

Every village has its own bus stop so no matter where your room is you will be a 2-3 minute stroll at most to one.

The following locations are 4-5 minute stroll to OPR and the Main Feature pool:

Jamaica 45
Aruba 51
Martinique 21, 22 and 23

Unless you were to book a Pirate Themed Room, the amount of walking at CBR is something that is very much exaggerated here on the DIS.

So really it doesn't sound as bad as our last stay at POR. We walked from our room in Parterre, down the path, across the bridge, past the main building and over to the bus stop. I was thinking Jamaica or Aruba but didn't know if the bridge was closed at a certain time of night since the play area closes at sunset.

Thanks all!

So I just tried to request our room online and it only gives us Martinique as an option. Does that mean all of the others are taken? It gives me the option to choose Martinique, corner room, ground floor, upper floor, lower floor, near elevator, near transportation, and water view.

So I just tried to request our room online and it only gives us Martinique as an option. Does that mean all of the others are taken? It gives me the option to choose Martinique, corner room, ground floor, upper floor, lower floor, near elevator, near transportation, and water view.

Martinique is the only option for everyone, all the time. The options during online check in are pretty much useless. That's why I always phone in our room requests and then skip that section during online check in. That way I can request exactly what we want. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Does anyone know where is a good area to request when we have two rooms? I would love to be close to the food courts and transportation since we do not have a car. I just need to be close to my mom that is in a different room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter