Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We will be getting to the resort early morning and want to go directly to MK, how would we manage checking in?

We can stop at the resort around 8 or 9 am but might not be able to come back until after park close after 9pm. Can we check in during the morning and find out the room in the evening or would no one be there to check us in?

Are you from Canada or the US? If from the US you can get a text but Canada you can only get an email and that's not even guaranteed.

You can check in as early as 6AM. If your room is not ready, you can leave yourluggage with Bell Services. They will text you your room number number once your room is ready.

That is great! This puts me at ease. Thank you so very much.

Are you from Canada or the US? If from the US you can get a text but Canada you can only get an email and that's not even guaranteed.

I'm in the US, so hopefully the text will go through but either way in theory our room should be ready before evening, hopefully. I can always call the hotel from MK in the afternoon to make sure.

I'm in the US, so hopefully the text will go through but either way in theory our room should be ready before evening, hopefully. I can always call the hotel from MK in the afternoon to make sure.

Since your from the US I wouldn't worry about it, they will text you, but yes in theory your room should be ready before the evening.

Woo! I made it through this whole thread! :cool1:I'm pleasantly overwhelmed with all of this great info! We snagged an awesome deal with Free Dinning and this will be our first stay here - or at any mod as far as that goes - our home is usually ASMovies. We are SO excited!!! I am disappointed to learn about the no hammocks/beaches. I do understand why, but I hope they return before our trip in December - as the beach factor was the deciding factor in us booking this resort. Sounds like on the whole you guys love this place and I can't thank you all enough for all the tips and info!!! :thanks:

I know no one knows for sure, but does anyone have any idea what kind of permanent solution they are looking at for the beaches? We are pretty bummed about no beach access. We were looking forward to lounging in the hammock and letting our daughter play in the sand. We were going to stay at Wilderness Lodge but then decided that the beach and atmosphere at Caribbean Beach would be a lot of fun. Kind of bummed that one of the major selling points of the resort isn't going to be available after all.

I know no one knows for sure, but does anyone have any idea what kind of permanent solution they are looking at for the beaches?

The latest I've heard is that the fence/signs are up at the GF and cast members are on watch at the other beaches on property. My guess, and it's just a guess, is that they will do the same on all beaches.

Does anyone know if the hammocks are still there? I've heard the newest thing is that the beaches will be closed from dusk til dawn. Just wondered if hammocks would be in use during the day

Does anyone know if the hammocks are still there? I've heard the newest thing is that the beaches will be closed from dusk til dawn. Just wondered if hammocks would be in use during the day
Been reported that the hammocks are down right now.

I just saw a picture on Facebook of the "temporary fencing" that is being installed at the CBR. Looks the same as the fencing that has been installed at Grand Floridian.

If beaches are closed from dusk till dawn can you still view Epcot fireworks? I promise I'm not trying to come off an insensitive, the whole thing is so unfortunate... but really the draw for this resort was the ability to use hammocks, watch fireworks, and generally enjoy the beachy feel... (I feel like I'm sounding incredibly selfish here, I promise I'm not trying to be!)

If beaches are closed from dusk till dawn can you still view Epcot fireworks? I promise I'm not trying to come off an insensitive, the whole thing is so unfortunate... but really the draw for this resort was the ability to use hammocks, watch fireworks, and generally enjoy the beachy feel... (I feel like I'm sounding incredibly selfish here, I promise I'm not trying to be!)

I didn't see your post as being insensitive or selfish. As you said, this whole is thing is so unfortunate. There are several places around the resort where you can watch the higher Epcot fireworks. You could always sit at one of the picnic tables or umbrella chairs in the Old Port Royale courtyard and watch them.

We sat on the deck at the Jamaica pool. And no, not insensitive.

Fences are around all the beaches with Cms watching them. Sadly no beach access and I have not seen any beach hammocks.Currently staying at Jamacia!!!

Fences are around all the beaches with Cms watching them. Sadly no beach access and I have not seen any beach hammocks.Currently staying at Jamacia!!!

Thank you for the update.
Can you tell us what room you are in and if there is a murphy bed in the room.
Mickeystoontown is keeping an updated list in the original post for the website.
Thank you in again!

Thank you for the update.
Can you tell us what room you are in and if there is a murphy bed in the room.
Mickeystoontown is keeping an updated list in the original post for the website.
Thank you in again!
We do not have a Murphy bed. We are in 4138...sorry I'm not sure if 2nd floor rooms do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter