• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Which quiet pools are currently closed for rehab? My in-laws will be checking in July 6th, and I wanted to suggest a village to them to request that didn't have the quiet pool closed at the time they're there!

Somehow our trip is around the corner and I realized I need to put together our room request. We've booked a preferred room (all that was available). Martinique's quiet pool is under refurb, so I was going to request Trinidad North. But then I read that Martinique tends to get the bus before Trinidad North. Is that a concern with the buses filling up at the first stop (we usually try to depart the hotel an hour before park opening)? Anything other differences I should consider?

Thanks!

Somehow our trip is around the corner and I realized I need to put together our room request. We've booked a preferred room (all that was available). Martinique's quiet pool is under refurb, so I was going to request Trinidad North. But then I read that Martinique tends to get the bus before Trinidad North. Is that a concern with the buses filling up at the first stop (we usually try to depart the hotel an hour before park opening)? Anything other differences I should consider?

Thanks!
We stayed in Trinidad North (middle of the three buildings) and didn't have any issues with buses being filled - we were there in early October of last year, so not a super busy time, but it was moderately busy. We were really close to a bus stop, since there are only three buildings in the village.

On the way to parks, the location was pretty good - one stop at Trinidad South and you are on your way. On the way back, Trinidad North is close to the last stop... it got old to have to stop at all the other villages before getting back. After getting back, I read that some people hop off at the first stop and walk around... that might have been a good solution.

Either way, we knew about all the bus stops, so it was fine. Not a deal breaker for us!

Thanks!

In our experience, no concern at all.

Is the Jamaica pool open? Also does anyone know if there are courtyard areas in the Aruba section like there are in Jamaica?

Which quiet pools are currently closed for rehab? My in-laws will be checking in July 6th, and I wanted to suggest a village to them to request that didn't have the quiet pool closed at the time they're there!

We are here now. I know Martnique is closed since we are staying in that village. We haven't ventured past OPR or the pool so I have no clue about the others.

pktbMouse, I am so sad to read this and I hate it that you had such a horrible experience. It really scares me for our trip in September/October since we will have my 82 yr old mama with us and it would be really tough for us to have to move multiple times. We have always stayed value (except once in 1991 at CBR) and never had anything but wonderful experiences.

Would you mind sharing your room numbers that you were assigned and had to move from also do you remember if any of these rooms had the Murphy bed? I know that Mickeystoontown is trying to keep the original post updated with the Murphy bed rooms.

Hopefully you have contacted Disney and they will make it right for you.
First room with no murphy bed was Martinique 25 room 2558, 2nd room Martinique 1553 with a bed but stink like sewers... 3rd room had a bed but was disabled but we stayed in it Aruba 53 room 5331.

well we finally got a refund of our water view room that we didnt get but glad hubby checked the credit card...they had charged us for two rooms in stead of one!! they still had one of the rooms on it from when we moved! Pays to check. Hubby just told me too he had ordered some balloons, cake and stuff to be delivered to the room and they never came for my 50th birthday...he said they told him they had no record of his order...sigh. At least the thought was there. It didnt spoil my vacation though..we had a wonderful time despite me cracking a bone in my foot...lol Im laughing as it was funny at the time..I fell off the haunted mansion doom buggy when getting off...I was goofing around. Went over on my foot and its been sore ever since I got home..come to find out I cracked a small bone and Im wearing a boot now. Ah well..it was all worth it. :)

well we finally got a refund of our water view room that we didnt get but glad hubby checked the credit card...they had charged us for two rooms in stead of one!! they still had one of the rooms on it from when we moved! Pays to check. Hubby just told me too he had ordered some balloons, cake and stuff to be delivered to the room and they never came for my 50th birthday...he said they told him they had no record of his order...sigh. At least the thought was there. It didnt spoil my vacation though..we had a wonderful time despite me cracking a bone in my foot...lol Im laughing as it was funny at the time..I fell off the haunted mansion doom buggy when getting off...I was goofing around. Went over on my foot and its been sore ever since I got home..come to find out I cracked a small bone and Im wearing a boot now. Ah well..it was all worth it. :)
Sorry about the goofs during your stay, but glad that you can laugh about it. Happy 50th...party:

Can you refill mugs anywhere at the pool? Also if you ship a package to the resort, where do you pick it up?

Can you refill mugs anywhere at the pool? Also if you ship a package to the resort, where do you pick it up?

The bartender at the Banana Cabana will fill a to go cup for you to pour into your mug.

You can pick up your package at Bell Services or call Bell Services from the phone in your room and they will bring it to you.

oh no your foot!! Thats awful! Hope it gets better soon and it's not too painful!! Good thing you checked your credit card statement!

We left CBR today. The beaches have signs saying they are closed and they have CMs monitoring them. All the hammocks have been removed too. They are still selling the kids meals in sand pails though......

We were in Martinique standard view room 2311. This room has the trundle bed and connects to room 2312. Got my request for Martnique, but a different building. However the rooms I wanted were directly across the lawn area of where I wanted to be which was nice. We were very close to the bus stop and less than a 5 minute walk to OPR (I walk fast though). Our room had a very faint smoke odor when we walked in, but I'm not sure it's cigarette smoke. The smell is not exactly the same. I really think it's something to do with the A/C unit because I only caught a whiff upon entering the room. I turned the temp up to 74 and there was a lot of burning smells from dust and dirt. None of that was bothersome to us. I can't comment on mouse keeping. We were only there for 3 nights and I kept the do not disturb on the door.

We used bell services upon arrival at 11am. We went to a park and upon returning at 9pm we found our bags had been delivered to our room! I still had to call to get my refrigerated items. They were very quick. We are checking in to AKL this afternoon and bell services picked up our bags and will bring them over for us this afternoon.

We ate a late lunch yesterday at the food court. I had the Mahi Mahi sandwich with a side salad and DD had chicken nuggets. Both were yummy and fresh. My only complaint is that all the salad dressing except for ranch is fat free. That fat free stuff is gross LOL!!!!

We left CBR today. The beaches have signs saying they are closed and they have CMs monitoring them. All the hammocks have been removed too. They are still selling the kids meals in sand pails though......

We were in Martinique standard view room 2311. This room has the trundle bed and connects to room 2312. Got my request for Martnique, but a different building. However the rooms I wanted were directly across the lawn area of where I wanted to be which was nice. We were very close to the bus stop and less than a 5 minute walk to OPR (I walk fast though). Our room had a very faint smoke odor when we walked in, but I'm not sure it's cigarette smoke. The smell is not exactly the same. I really think it's something to do with the A/C unit because I only caught a whiff upon entering the room. I turned the temp up to 74 and there was a lot of burning smells from dust and dirt. None of that was bothersome to us. I can't comment on mouse keeping. We were only there for 3 nights and I kept the do not disturb on the door.

We used bell services upon arrival at 11am. We went to a park and upon returning at 9pm we found our bags had been delivered to our room! I still had to call to get my refrigerated items. They were very quick. We are checking in to AKL this afternoon and bell services picked up our bags and will bring them over for us this afternoon.

We ate a late lunch yesterday at the food court. I had the Mahi Mahi sandwich with a side salad and DD had chicken nuggets. Both were yummy and fresh. My only complaint is that all the salad dressing except for ranch is fat free. That fat free stuff is gross LOL!!!!

I was wondering if they were going to keep selling the sand Pails with the kids meals.

Maybe you are right - I wonder if all the smoke smells in rooms are dirty ac units? They're probably never been cleaned!

Glad you had a great time!

They're probably never been cleaned!

On one of our visits I saw a crew of maintenance guys pulling out the AC units from the rooms and replacing then with, presumably, freshly maintained units. They were doing every room in the building. Now, I don't know how often this is done but I'd hope it would be an annual thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter