Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you for this great thread! We stayed at CBR back in 2009 when I had a newly turned 6 year old and 4 year old. We experienced the pirate rooms that trip and it was fantastic! Things change so often and so much, I have really appreciated all of the information that is shared here. Raising kids is making my memory fuzzy, so I am hoping you all can help me out with your experienced advice:

Looking for opinions on which buildings/villages to request when we go back (finally!) in late August. Some things about us:
* 4 in our family
* booked a standard room
* husband loves his morning coffee and we get mugs (with the dining plan) so would like to maximize the use
* we are relatively active people

Jamaica and Aruba have to cross that island to reach the main building, correct? The map makes it look like it's not that far across water and all, but maps can be deceiving. Is there anything to do/see on said island? Are we better off walking around the lake from another village?

Thank you for this great thread! We stayed at CBR back in 2009 when I had a newly turned 6 year old and 4 year old. We experienced the pirate rooms that trip and it was fantastic! Things change so often and so much, I have really appreciated all of the information that is shared here. Raising kids is making my memory fuzzy, so I am hoping you all can help me out with your experienced advice:

Looking for opinions on which buildings/villages to request when we go back (finally!) in late August. Some things about us:
* 4 in our family
* booked a standard room
* husband loves his morning coffee and we get mugs (with the dining plan) so would like to maximize the use

Jamaica and Aruba have to cross that island to reach the main building, correct? The map makes it look like it's not that far across water and all, but maps can be deceiving. Is there anything to do/see on said island? Are we better off walking around the lake from another village?
@dansdad is the expert on close rooms, but Jamaica and Aruba aren't to awful far as you state...If I recall correctly, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are right near the footbridge and both are not preferred locations. My wife is a coffee junkie as well and the WDW mugs keep coffee pretty warm. We would go to OPR, eat and then she would fill up her cup/mug and we'd take a leisurely stroll. Coffee was still fairly hot and she didn't complain. And all of the CBR rooms are Queen sized beds now. Also, quiet pools at each resort location and a great main pool. Lots of activities at CBR..can rent the 4 person bikes.

Enjoy.

* 4 in our family
* booked a standard room

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 22 are THE closest buildings with Standard Rooms. Any of those will be a 3-4 minute stroll to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. There is a Playground on Caribbean Cay and there are some really nice benches to sit on and look out over the lake. Our favorite location is Jamaica 45 because we enjoy the walk over to OPR and we really like the bright yellow exteriors of the Jamaica buidlings.

I am the breakfast runner and whenever we have been in any of those 3 buildings, the coffee and food is always still hot when I get back.

@dansdad is the expert on close rooms, but Jamaica and Aruba aren't to awful far as you state...If I recall correctly, Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are right near the footbridge and both are not preferred locations. My wife is a coffee junkie as well and the WDW mugs keep coffee pretty warm. We would go to OPR, eat and then she would fill up her cup/mug and we'd take a leisurely stroll. Coffee was still fairly hot and she didn't complain. And all of the CBR rooms are Queen sized beds now. Also, quiet pools at each resort location and a great main pool. Lots of activities at CBR..can rent the 4 person bikes.

Enjoy.

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 22 are THE closest buildings with Standard Rooms. Any of those will be a 3-4 minute stroll to OPR and the Main Feature Pool. There is a Playground on Caribbean Cay and there are some really nice benches to sit on and look out over the lake. Our favorite location is Jamaica 45 because we enjoy the walk over to OPR and we really like the bright yellow exteriors of the Jamaica buidlings.

I am the breakfast runner and whenever we have been in any of those 3 buildings, the coffee and food is always still hot when I get back.

Thank you both so very much! That sounds like a perfect stroll in the mornings. I just looked back at our old photos from that 09 trip and we were in Trinidad South 39, so I suppose any walk will be shorter than that. LOL

Should I request when I do the online check in or call someone? (I know that was talked about somewhere in here, but I can't recall where.)

Thank you both so very much! That sounds like a perfect stroll in the mornings. I just looked back at our old photos from that 09 trip and we were in Trinidad South 39, so I suppose any walk will be shorter than that. LOL

Should I request when I do the online check in or call someone? (I know that was talked about somewhere in here, but I can't recall where.)

You're welcome. I recommend calling the Main Reservations Line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days prior to your arrival. Then if you do Online Check In, skip the room request section. I do not like making room requests during Online Check In as the options are predetermined and very limited. For example, you can't request a building only a Village.

When you do call in your requests and the phone CM tries to tell you that you have to wait until 10 days prior to your arrival thank them, hang up, and call back. Hopefully you will get a knowledgeable CM the 2nd time that knows you can add your requests any time. We always book our trips via phone and make our room requests then, usually 6-7 months out.

We timed it and it took as the exact same time (10 minutes) with a double stroller as well. Where it can add times is if you have small children and they want to walk themselves. But even that only adds a few minutes. It was a very nice walk for me each morning to get coffee. By the time I filled DW and my refillable mugs, she was out of the shower and I could hop in and get ready. Perfect timing!
It only took us 10 minutes from Trinidad South pirate rooms pushing a double stroller. It really wasn't as bad as I was led to believe.

Ok good to know. It is just my DH and I so it shouldn't be so bad. :)

I just have one question which is the ultimate decision in whether to stay at CBR before we book. It will only be myself and my DH, we have no children but I was talking to one of my supervisors at work and she said 'don't go it's full of kids, buses are always full' etc etc. It's our first time to WDW, and we don't mind children, but we do like some peace some days. Can anyone help? Thanks :blush:

Edit - We will be going either September/October 2017

I just have one question which is the ultimate decision in whether to stay at CBR before we book. It will only be myself and my DH, we have no children but I was talking to one of my supervisors at work and she said 'don't go it's full of kids, buses are always full' etc etc. It's our first time to WDW, and we don't mind children, but we do like some peace some days. Can anyone help? Thanks :blush:

Having over 50 nights at CBR we have not experienced what your supervisor described. All our stays at CBR has been in October during Free Dining when the resort is at capacity and it never feels like it. We always joke that we feel like we're the only guests in our building. One of the things we love about CBR is the very laid back and relaxed atmosphere. We have gladly recommended CBR to multiple friends and family members and every one of them have been back multiple times after their first stay.

We always visit Disney for two weeks in September. We've stayed at Pop, AOA, POR, CBR and YC over the last ten years. In my opinion the resort fullest of kids are the values, however you will have kids at ALL resorts. CBR is so spread out that as dansdad said, you will feel like you are the only one there sometimes. It is quiet and serene. The only place I've really noticed a lot of kids is at the main pool (which is normal at any resort). My last stay at CBR I was shocked at how many times I got a seat on the bus compared to Pop when I stood almost every trip. I wouldn't change your resort, I think CBR is a great adult choice.

No, people like to exaggerate when it comes to that. They also like to exaggerate about how long it takes to walk to OPR and the Main Feature pool from their room. I've heard "horror stories" of 30 minute walks. My wife and I have walked the entire path around CBR in less than that.

dansdad, mickeystoontown and anyone else that would like to chime in,
You all are such a wealth of knowledge.
I would love your opinions as I finalize my requests.
My mom will be in a wheelchair to get around the resort and parks. (Not immobile, just to help her get around with all the walking)
We could only get a standard room at CBR with FD and since we will be taking daily mid day breaks and will be visiting OPR quite often throughout our trip, we would like to be closest OPR so she/we can enjoy the amenities without wearing us out pushing her around :rotfl:(eventhough, sometimes she will walk if her knee's allow).
I was thinking about requesting building 22 in Martinique or building 44/45 in Jamaica and of course a ground floor room (knowing that requests are only requests and not guaranteed).

In your opinion, which location would be the easier and closer route to OPR?
Across the bridge from Jamaica or down the sidewalk next to the lake in Martinique?
Or are they about the same? Or is there a better location that I am not seeing?

Thank you in advance for all your insight!

:disrocks:

Lol! That's why we picked Jamacia over the other 2 close standard options to request! We liked the look of the bright yellow buildings! Hey, you have to narrow it down somehow...

We are going in September and I am DYING to go on and go already!!! I am so excited.

My mom brought me pictures and info from the trip they took me on in the 80's and the pictures from CBR. So cool that I'll be taking my kids to the same (but updated thank goodness) place!

We are doing a split stay between CBR and YC. Just got our MYW tickets in the mail. Silly me, it never occurred to me that the free mini-golf vouchers would only be good for the first part of our trip at CBR. Originally I had planned on walking to Fantasia from YC. However, now I'm wondering, which mini golf location is easier to get to from CBR? I don't know much about the recent bus changes to the water parks. My kids are 6 and 8, so we'd prefer an easier course.
Thanks!

dansdad, mickeystoontown and anyone else that would like to chime in,
You all are such a wealth of knowledge.
I would love your opinions as I finalize my requests.
My mom will be in a wheelchair to get around the resort and parks. (Not immobile, just to help her get around with all the walking)
We could only get a standard room at CBR with FD and since we will be taking daily mid day breaks and will be visiting OPR quite often throughout our trip, we would like to be closest OPR so she/we can enjoy the amenities without wearing us out pushing her around :rotfl:(eventhough, sometimes she will walk if her knee's allow).
I was thinking about requesting building 22 in Martinique or building 44/45 in Jamaica and of course a ground floor room (knowing that requests are only requests and not guaranteed).

In your opinion, which location would be the easier and closer route to OPR?
Across the bridge from Jamaica or down the sidewalk next to the lake in Martinique?
Or are they about the same? Or is there a better location that I am not seeing?

Thank you in advance for all your insight!

:disrocks:

I feel Martinique 22 would be easier just because it's flat. With Jamaica or Aruba you'd be pushing her over the bridge. They recently redid the bridge to make it easier for ECVs and wheelchairs but it's still a bridge with a hump.

I would word your request "First Floor and Martinique 22, or Jamaica 45, or Aruba 51".

I feel Martinique 22 would be easier just because it's flat. With Jamaica or Aruba you'd be pushing her over the bridge. They recently redid the bridge to make it easier for ECVs and wheelchairs but it's still a bridge with a hump.

I would word your request "First Floor and Martinique 22, or Jamaica 45, or Aruba 51".

Thank you so much!

We have a water or pool view at CBR Oct 29 - Nov 6. It says it sleeps up to 5 adults. Some show the picture of the little fold out bed (is that the murphy bed?) and some don't. Do all of these rooms have that? We really need this for our 4 year old and specifically upgraded hotels to have it. But now I am wondering if it's not a guarantee. Do we have to request it? I'd save a lot of money at a value resort if I'm going to have to share a bed with my daughter anyway.

We have a water or pool view at CBR Oct 29 - Nov 6. It says it sleeps up to 5 adults. Some show the picture of the little fold out bed (is that the murphy bed?) and some don't. Do all of these rooms have that? We really need this for our 4 year old and specifically upgraded hotels to have it. But now I am wondering if it's not a guarantee. Do we have to request it? I'd save a lot of money at a value resort if I'm going to have to share a bed with my daughter anyway.

Yes, that fold down bed is the murphy bed.
Not every room has one and rom what I understand, if you are a party of 5, they "should" assign you a room with a murphy bed.

Yes, that fold down bed is the murphy bed.
Not every room has one and rom what I understand, if you are a party of 5, they "should" assign you a room with a murphy bed.

I just got off the phone with Disney. I had to call because my reservation wasn't showing properly online and I got worried about it. While talking I took the opportunity to ask about the room and she said that all of the water view rooms or rooms that say they accommodate up to 5 adults will have the murphy bed. We are not a party of 5 but my husband is 6'4 and will need to sleep diagonally on one of the queen beds in order to be comfortable. I'd prefer not to share a bed with my 4 year old because she snores and will keep me awake all night if she's right next to my head. Hopefully the agent I spoke to is correct.

I just got off the phone with Disney. I had to call because my reservation wasn't showing properly online and I got worried about it. While talking I took the opportunity to ask about the room and she said that all of the water view rooms or rooms that say they accommodate up to 5 adults will have the murphy bed. We are not a party of 5 but my husband is 6'4 and will need to sleep diagonally on one of the queen beds in order to be comfortable. I'd prefer not to share a bed with my 4 year old because she snores and will keep me awake all night if she's right next to my head. Hopefully the agent I spoke to is correct.

I know that every water view room does NOT have murphy beds so the CM must have been confused. My sister and her family went to Disney in May and stayed at CBR in a waterview room and they did not have a murphy bed.
How many and which rooms equipped with a murphy bed is the million $$ question but I understand they are sprinkled across the resort in every village except the pirate rooms. Just because you are a family of "less than 5" doesn't mean you can't get a murphy bed. It is simply that they can't assign a family of 5 a room without a murphy bed. So when you check in, it will depend on how many families of 5 are already checked in before you. You can always call and add "murphy bed" to your reservation as a request. It's not guaranteed that you will get one with a family less than 5 but it is definitely worth a request. One of the things that makes CBR so popular is that it can accommodate 5 people to a room which is huge for a family of 5 on a budget and If they don't have any rooms with the murphy bed available when you check in they, of course, can't assign you one but I have read many posts that indicate families with less than 5 have had a murphy bed so definitely request it! You may even want to fax a request with a brief explanation why you need one and how it would help your family. Do that about 5 days prior to check in and hopefully that will give you a better chance of getting one. Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter