Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Oh, too bad, we weren't around OPR on Fri Nov 20, but it was decorated Sat Nov 21 early in the morning. They didn't do a lot, just a tree in the outer gift shop, a couple wreaths and garlands - but Caribbean themed, with fish, starfish, blues and coppers. It's fun to see all the resorts decorated with their theme. That's a job I would love!

oh really that sucks. :( we usually go a bit later in the holidays so we always see the decorations at the resorts but we decided to go a bit earlier this year but good to know for next trip

I was looking forward to see how this resort decorates for the holidays

Oh, too bad, we weren't around OPR on Fri Nov 20, but it was decorated Sat Nov 21 early in the morning. They didn't do a lot, just a tree in the outer gift shop, a couple wreaths and garlands - but Caribbean themed, with fish, starfish, blues and coppers. It's fun to see all the resorts decorated with their theme. That's a job I would love!
They must have decorated the night of the 19th. It wasn't there that night, but was there the next morning! It was funny to see Epcot one night just bare (food and wine done) and the next night there was a huge tree up!

Help!!! I am traveling to CBR Feb 25th till Mar 2nd. It will be myself, my MIL and GrandMIL along with DS6 and DS5. Just found out that we may have to bring my niece who will be 2 at the time. Will we be able to put her in our room? If not I am not sure what we will do :/

Has anyone shipped via Amazon prime pantry lately? We are considering a few things but I know it wasn't working for a while.

Last trip we bought a few cases of the Dasani water in the gift shop. We can't remember how many bottles were in the case - 24? If you know, please let me know. And if you are there right now and able to take a look, that would be great.

Thanks!!!

You should really start at the beginning and read the first 30 posts. That's where all the information is.

Well, to clarify.... I did the first few "info" pages (and all the great pix) and then went to the last post to get the most recent news.

We returned from our trip to CBR last week. We were there from Nov 9-18. It was our first trip to WDW, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but we had a wonderful time!

We found the resort to be beautiful. We stayed in Martinique 24, second floor. Our room was very nice...only complaint was the smell. It kind of smelled like those orange ladybugs. But we got used to it after a few minutes each time. The last night we couldn't get into our room with our bands...they said our door battery was dead. They were supposed to fix it the next morning but never did. Sounds like others had the same problem, so not sure it was really the battery.

We loved the pool area and our kids enjoyed the activities on the two rest days we had. We enjoyed the pool bar and the hot wings are awesome! We thought the food at OPR was pretty good and we ate at Shutters one night. I didn't care for my steak as I thought it was a little under-cooked.

We only waited for the bus longer than 5 minutes once. But I will say the buses were crowded most trips. I was glad we were at Martinique since we got picked up first most times. Leaving the parks we didn't ever wait long either, even with big crowds they always sent plenty of buses.

Two tips to pass along I wish I had known. 1) If you are going to do laundry, avoid early mornings. It was super crowded and I couldn't get a machine. 2) The Magical Express departure packet says that Bell Service isn't included in your departure and kind of makes it sound like they want you take your own bags to the Custom House, but then when the Internal Bus came, they wouldn't let us take them on the bus. We HAD to call Bell Services to come and get them. So I was glad we had allowed plenty of time!

Overall the trip was fantastic. We made lots of great memories we will cherish forever. We planned well and had reasonable expectations and a positive attitude, which I never leave home without! I would not hesitate to stay at CBR again!

We returned from our trip to CBR last week. We were there from Nov 9-18. It was our first trip to WDW, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but we had a wonderful time!

We found the resort to be beautiful. We stayed in Martinique 24, second floor. Our room was very nice...only complaint was the smell. It kind of smelled like those orange ladybugs. But we got used to it after a few minutes each time. The last night we couldn't get into our room with our bands...they said our door battery was dead. They were supposed to fix it the next morning but never did. Sounds like others had the same problem, so not sure it was really the battery.

We loved the pool area and our kids enjoyed the activities on the two rest days we had. We enjoyed the pool bar and the hot wings are awesome! We thought the food at OPR was pretty good and we ate at Shutters one night. I didn't care for my steak as I thought it was a little under-cooked.

We only waited for the bus longer than 5 minutes once. But I will say the buses were crowded most trips. I was glad we were at Martinique since we got picked up first most times. Leaving the parks we didn't ever wait long either, even with big crowds they always sent plenty of buses.

Two tips to pass along I wish I had known. 1) If you are going to do laundry, avoid early mornings. It was super crowded and I couldn't get a machine. 2) The Magical Express departure packet says that Bell Service isn't included in your departure and kind of makes it sound like they want you take your own bags to the Custom House, but then when the Internal Bus came, they wouldn't let us take them on the bus. We HAD to call Bell Services to come and get them. So I was glad we had allowed plenty of time!

Overall the trip was fantastic. We made lots of great memories we will cherish forever. We planned well and had reasonable expectations and a positive attitude, which I never leave home without! I would not hesitate to stay at CBR again!

Thanks so much for your review and for your tip about a better laundry time. I've added a notation to the first page regarding the fact that luggage can not be taken on the internal shuttle bus.

Help!!! I am traveling to CBR Feb 25th till Mar 2nd. It will be myself, my MIL and GrandMIL along with DS6 and DS5. Just found out that we may have to bring my niece who will be 2 at the time. Will we be able to put her in our room? If not I am not sure what we will do :/

we had five people in our room including my 2 year old in a crib. you might be fine with you amount if the 2 year old sleeps in the crib too.

so two people in each bed and 1 in the murphy bed and the crib. it will be a bit tight but do able

Because she is under 3, you should be good. Room occupancy for the rooms with the Murphy Bed (from what I've read) is five people, and one infant under 3 years old. It felt crowded this last trip with just the four of us (my, dh, ds7 and ds3) so much stuff for four people! Add in a stroller (that we ended up keeping in the car and grabbing on the way to the bus) and I can only imagine if we had two more people. But, we'd make it work because we only sleep and shower in our room.

This is hilarious, I kid you not my DD said as soon As we walked in the room, " it smells like lady bugs in here". We all laughed and I literally just laughed so I hard I woke her up reading this.

My parents stayed in Martinique 2415 and their room had a weird smell like that too!!! Weird!!!!!

So it's our last day at CBR of 9 nights. I love it here. Can't find any thing to complain about. As I reported earlier in the trip, our first day of buses was a nightmare, but will say we are glad we gave it another shot, because every day since has been awesome!! We never wait for buses from the parks, every day there has been a bus waiting. I don't know if it's luck or what. Never waited more than 5 minutes. The food court is great, love all the activities, have done almost all of them. We have declined mousekeeping all trip, only because we like to keep tidy and don't want my stuff moved ( OCD). There has been a bag of towels and stuff every day. We have found our favorite resort. I will say, we got upgraded to preferred in Martinique building 26, it's amazing (we were put in pirate rooms and there was no way I can sleep in doubles). I asked for a standard room ANYWHERE other than pirate- I booked standard. I greatly appreciate the upgrade, I truly believe it makes a huge difference, and will be booking preferred from now on. So great move on their part because I will never book standard again, they sold me. Anyone with reservations about this resort, don't worry, it's great.

Wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation to what we had checking in today. Received the email saying we may get a text to go straight to our room. Got to the resort around 3:45 today and never got a text. Went to check in and after several minutes of waiting the CM asked if we would accept a complimentary upgrade...to the Grand Floridian! Um, I guess that will work! It threw us for a loop since for 6+ months we had been planning for CBR, but we'll take it. Spent the rest of the evening acquainting ourselves with the resort. Looking forward to a great week!

Are you serious about it being for a whole week?

Tomorrow we will be checking into CBR for the first time ever!

DH surprised us Thanksgiving with a quick trip to see the Christmas decorations and all of the special Christmas things at EPCOT.
We've never stayed at CBR - never at any moderate. Our favorite deluxe is BC/YC so I'm hoping the whole beachy theme will be
right up our alley.

We booked a waterview room - requested Martinique. Do you think that was a good request?

Anyway - thanks for the beautiful pictures and all the information. I did some really quick reading of this thread and I'm so excited!

Good evening all - quick question.

Can anyone who has recently been there, or there now, tell me what brand of mattresses is being used at CBR? My husband and I were there in September and slept the best we ever have in years. Its now time to start shopping for a new mattress and of course he's decided that is the brand he must have ;-)

Thanks for any help folks!
Dawn

DH surprised us Thanksgiving with a quick trip to see the Christmas decorations and all of the special Christmas things at EPCOT.
We've never stayed at CBR - never at any moderate. Our favorite deluxe is BC/YC so I'm hoping the whole beachy theme will be
right up our alley.

We booked a waterview room - requested Martinique. Do you think that was a good request?

Anyway - thanks for the beautiful pictures and all the information. I did some really quick reading of this thread and I'm so excited!
We always book standard view. At most moderates, meaning those without balconies, waterview is not a big deal. But if you like waterview and like having a short walk to the pool or beach/lake, then it is worth it. Enjoy your stay.

right up our alley.

In my opinion, paying extra for Preferred is better value than paying for Water View. Preferred gets you closer to the food court whereas Water View can be anywhere in the Resort with a tiny view of some water as you leave your front door.

In my opinion, paying extra for Preferred is better value than paying for Water View. Preferred gets you closer to the food court whereas Water View can be anywhere in the Resort with a tiny view of some water as you leave your front door.
Completely agree with this. I can tell you preferred makes the resort so much nicer. I had a corner room with 2 Windows but the curtains need to stay shut unless you want everyone looking in as they walk by. So I would never pay for view because you walk out the door and see that view for only a few seconds. Now that walk to the food court is another story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter