• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I know disney said playgrounds would be closed upon reopening, does anyone know of that includes the splash pad/water playgrounds like the one at CBR?

Hi everyone! So with all the resort switch ups going on right now, I was moved from POR to CB for my August 21 trip with my boyfriend! I've been to Disney many times (but this is bfs first trip since childhood!) and I've never stepped foot on CB property so I'm really excited! We were placed in a King room last night and the GS woman who helped me told me she requested the building closest to the main building, so all in all, super excited! I'm used to Coronado Springs and POFQ, so what should I expect coming into CB? Any tips, stories, or recommendations are appreciated! Also- does anyone know if the skyliner will be running by august? This is one of the things I'm most excited for in staying here so I really hope it's open by then!

I think they were just saying that Jamaica 45 is closer to the bridge over to Old Port Royale--not that Jamaica 45 is closer to the Skyliner than Barbados 32. I'm also trying to decide which building to request and didn't think about Barbados 32. Does Barbados have king rooms? I wasn't sure if they were all pirate beds, which we do NOT want.

Hmmmm this has me thinking I should put a building request in.... the Disney TA booked us for a king room near Old Port Royale, but are there better buildings I should be looking for? Is it helpful to be near the skyliner?

Hello all! We were just moved from POFQ to CBR are in September. Not thrilled about the change but was hoping it would be a little more convenient with the Skyliner. When the change was made I was advised the Skyliner will not be open in September. I'm hoping that is not the case. Does anyone have any other info on this?

Also have the rooms been upgraded at all? The photos I see still show carpet and a very Polynesian looking room decor. Is this the current room?

Hello all! We were just moved from POFQ to CBR are in September. Not thrilled about the change but was hoping it would be a little more convenient with the Skyliner. When the change was made I was advised the Skyliner will not be open in September. I'm hoping that is not the case. Does anyone have any other info on this?

Also have the rooms been upgraded at all? The photos I see still show carpet and a very Polynesian looking room decor. Is this the current room?

Hi! Same situation here, POR to CBR for late August.... I've never stayed CBR. Looks nice enough but I'm a little confused because I'm seeing people get changed from PO to deluxe resorts with dates similar to ours.

My CM told me that the skyliner might be open? I'm seeing many misleading reports, so I'm unsure. As for the rooms, those are the updated rooms, yes.

Hi! Same situation here, POR to CBR for late August.... I've never stayed CBR. Looks nice enough but I'm a little confused because I'm seeing people get changed from PO to deluxe resorts with dates similar to ours.

My CM told me that the skyliner might be open? I'm seeing many misleading reports, so I'm unsure. As for the rooms, those are the updated rooms, yes.

I am not impressed whatsoever with the look of the room. It's terrible to me but I guess at this point I have no option. We chose Port Orleans French Quarter because it's small. This Resort is so spread out, even though we were given a preferred room for our upgrade that location seems to be far from the Skyliner if it is open.

I am not impressed whatsoever with the look of the room. It's terrible to me but I guess at this point I have no option. We chose Port Orleans French Quarter because it's small. This Resort is so spread out, even though we were given a preferred room for our upgrade that location seems to be far from the Skyliner if it is open.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the room either but I guess we just have to be grateful we were even able to make a move of any kind! I called guet services twice to see about switching (surprised I got through so fast both times) and they told me that they would not be able to move me to a deluxe resort without charging me since we already moved once.... but that was the first woman. The second CM was much nicer and said that she couldn't switch me either, just said we had to stay within Moderate options. I may call again just to test the waters, seems like if you get the right person they might make another switch for you no problem

Hi everyone! So with all the resort switch ups going on right now, I was moved from POR to CB for my August 21 trip with my boyfriend! I've been to Disney many times (but this is bfs first trip since childhood!) and I've never stepped foot on CB property so I'm really excited! We were placed in a King room last night and the GS woman who helped me told me she requested the building closest to the main building, so all in all, super excited! I'm used to Coronado Springs and POFQ, so what should I expect coming into CB? Any tips, stories, or recommendations are appreciated! Also- does anyone know if the skyliner will be running by august? This is one of the things I'm most excited for in staying here so I really hope it's open by then!

We were big fans of POR and POFQ before our first stay at CBR and now much prefer CBR. It has a more laid back, relaxed feel to it. We much prefer the pool and the food court. And the rooms are bigger, 340 sq. ft. vs 314 sq. ft. And this was before all the upgrades at CBR, so now it's even better.

Chiming in to say that when staying at CBR after the resort and room updates, we really liked the rooms and resort grounds. My only wish was for a shower door vs a shower curtain, but that's not a deal breaker. It was super clean and spacious enough for four of us. The atmosphere was calm and pleasant. We went back to POFQ once after that and ended up not liking it as much. The room felt more drab at POFQ. Each to their own, but definitely be willing to give something new a try. CBR was the last of the moderates for us to try and we ended up liking it a lot more than we had anticipated. Great CMs too!

We were big fans of POR and POFQ before our first stay at CBR and now much prefer CBR. It has a more laid back, relaxed feel to it. We much prefer the pool and the food court. And the rooms are bigger, 340 sq. ft. vs 314 sq. ft. And this was before all the upgrades at CBR, so now it's even better.
Chiming in to say that when staying at CBR after the resort and room updates, we really liked the rooms and resort grounds. My only wish was for a shower door vs a shower curtain, but that's not a deal breaker. It was super clean and spacious enough for four of us. The atmosphere was calm and pleasant. We went back to POFQ once after that and ended up not liking it as much. The room felt more drab at POFQ. Each to their own, but definitely be willing to give something new a try. CBR was the last of the moderates for us to try and we ended up liking it a lot more than we had anticipated. Great CMs too!

Thanks all! This is definitely reassuring- I would have never thought twice about Caribbean beach before given the bad rep it's had before the refurbishment, but you guys are really reassuring! I've been watching some resort tours/reviews and I'm liking what I see so far. Hoping the skyliner is open by the time I go!

What would you say is your favorite thing about the resort? Or a must-do/see when I'm there? Also, does each building have a quiet pool?

What would you say is your favorite thing about the resort?

Main Feature Pool
Food Court
Sebastion's Bistro

Or a must-do/see when I'm there?

Napping in a hammock
Watching the Epcot Fireworks from the beach or bridge
Walking around the lake as the resort "wakes up" in the mornings
Sending family back home a coconut post card

Also, does each building have a quiet pool?

Not each building, but each Village has it's own leisure pool.

What would you say is your favorite thing about the resort? Or a must-do/see when I'm there? Also, does each building have a quiet pool?

We really liked how calm it seemed despite it being full of people and being a spring break time period. The spread out nature of the resort actually helps. Sebastian's had great food and we never had a bad meal in the food court. I believe each area has a quiet pool, but we didn't use any of the pools, so I can't say for certain.

Main Feature Pool
Food Court
Sebastion's Bistro

Napping in a hammock
Watching the Epcot Fireworks from the beach or bridge
Walking around the lake as the resort "wakes up" in the mornings
Sending family back home a coconut post card

Not each building, but each Village has it's own leisure pool.

I'll be sure to check out the food court! Also hammocks 😻 that sounds really fun! Ive heard great things about Sebastians(from DISUnplugged) so I'm keen to check that out, but we have one reservation rn that sup in the air. The night we arrive I originally wanted to go to Disney Springs and eat at the boathouse (this was when we had POR reserved), but now that we arent near the springs, I thought it'd be nice to check out Toppolino's given we're so close to the Riviera. I might switch that to Sebastians instead!

We really liked how calm it seemed despite it being full of people and being a spring break time period. The spread out nature of the resort actually helps. Sebastian's had great food and we never had a bad meal in the food court. I believe each area has a quiet pool, but we didn't use any of the pools, so I can't say for certain.

I'm glad you said that about how spread out it is- this was a concern of mine upon receiving the reservation, but my bf and I are both young and big walkers so I guess this won't be too huge of an issue, especially if we are close to the skyliner or the main building. Also, so excited to try this food court now!!

Well, I’m excited after reading some of these reviews! We were supposed to be at PORFQ but switched over to CBR for September trip. Looks and sounds great!

Also- does anyone know if the skyliner will be running by august?
I HOPE it is running by July11(My first day at Pop Century!)!lol

Personally since the Gondolas have been spotted on the Epcot line recently,I just assumed they would be running by July 15 when EPCOT and DHS open.

The Gondolas would be so much more "Covid-19 safe" than buses(one "family group" per Gondola) and I would think they would want to use them for that reason alone.

I guess time will tell.

BUT,if Skyliner is running it is EPIC.

Skyliner and Rise of the Resistance are HISTORICAL additions to Walt Disney World! :)

Last edited:
Not thrilled about the change but was hoping it would be a little more convenient with the Skyliner. When the change was made I was advised the Skyliner will not be open in September. I'm hoping that is not the case. Does anyone have any other info on this?
My only thought is if Skyliner isn't opening imminently,why have they been testing it?

Hi Everyone,
I had to modify a reservation and now will be checking into Caribbean Beach Resort on their opening day, 7/29.
We have never stayed here before.
I keep reading about King beds, is that only one King Bed? Or do they offer rooms with two King beds?

Also, I am trying to determine what room requests to put in. Is it more advantageous to be near the SkyLiner (if it’s open) or near Old Port Royale? I know my kids will want to swim everyday. We don’t mind walking, but looking at the map overwhelms me. I don’t know which buildings/areas to request. Any recommendations on that would be helpful!
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter