Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We had VERY similar experiences last week. Busses were AWFUL to MK and AK. It took us 1:10 minutes to get to MK one afternoon...over an HOUR! And one day we waited at the Bus Stop @ MK for :50 minutes for a bus back to CBR. On top of that, two of our drivers were absolutely horrendous. One guy drove 28 in a 45 MPH zone with no traffic in front of him (my daughter measured our speed on her app) Other busses were actually passing us...another time we had a BRAKE-HAPPY driver who stopped in the middle of an intersection and literally had to back-up :O

That's crazy! We had friends at WDW last week that both described the exact same 2 bus drivers. One family was at POR and the other at BC. The one family complained to the transportation manager at POR because the entire drive back from MK they never got over 20 MPH with zero traffic! And the other one stopped in the intersection at 3 lights.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I read through a lot of this thread but didn't see the answers to a couple questions I have:
1) For connecting rooms, are there options with all different categories? For example, if we need a fifth sleeper room but would like to be connected to Grandma who would wants a king bed is this possible and if it is how likely are we to get this request?
2) After looking at the price breakdown, we don't think paying for a preferred room is worth it. We'd like to be close to OPR and the skyliner so either Jamaica close to the bridge or Barbados closer to OPR if I'm looking at the maps correctly. Can I get either of those two with standard view rooms or just Jamaica? If I book water view rooms can I get either of those areas? I've had bad luck with room requests in the past so not sure how likely it is I'll get what I request and would like to up the odds in my favor if possible.

Ok. This is silly. Waiting for AK. Two EPCOT buses in last 5 minutes. Empty. Driver says they come once an hour. Been here four days and seen more EPCOT and DHS buses than you can shake a stick at. Don't see any slow down since Skyliner opened.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I read through a lot of this thread but didn't see the answers to a couple questions I have:
1) For connecting rooms, are there options with all different categories? For example, if we need a fifth sleeper room but would like to be connected to Grandma who would wants a king bed is this possible and if it is how likely are we to get this request?

Yes it's possible. How likely is impossible to say. It completely depends on occupancy and how many others requested the same. Both of which only WDW knows.

2) After looking at the price breakdown, we don't think paying for a preferred room is worth it.

Neither do we.

We'd like to be close to OPR and the skyliner so either Jamaica close to the bridge or Barbados closer to OPR if I'm looking at the maps correctly. Can I get either of those two with standard view rooms or just Jamaica?

Standard Views are only in Jamaica and Aruba. Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are both great locations for a Standard View room.

If I book water view rooms can I get either of those areas?

Yes. There are Water View rooms in every building.

I currently have a water view booked and I keep checking for openings in a standard view. Couldn't care less about a water view and I'd rather be guaranteed to be in Jamaica or Aruba

What makes me nervous is getting stuck on the far end of aruba. We like to have one adult getting the kids ready while the other goes and grabs breakfast to bring back to the room. Not sure how we'd like to do that if it's a ten minute walk to OPR.

Can anyone confirm for me which buildings the preferred rooms are now located in?

Also, I'm looking at a map - is there a sidewalk where you can walk from Barbados/Trinidad down the street to the Skyliner station? Or would you need to go all the way over to Old Port Royale and use the bridge by the pool, walking back to the Skyliner through Jamaica?

I've been asking that question since they added the room request section to Online Checkin. It has never made sense no matter what resort you're staying at. It's either had options that don't make sense, aren't possible to fulfill, or just didn't work. It's why I've always recommended calling them in. You can request what you want and it gets put into the details the assignors see along with your dates, room type, etc.
So... is a corner room better at CBR? More windows? Quieter? I'm just confused why a corner room would be such a great advantage they would add a specific option for it haha

So... is a corner room better at CBR? More windows? Quieter? I'm just confused why a corner room would be such a great advantage they would add a specific option for it haha

At the Moderates the corner rooms have another window which brings in more light and makes the room feel bigger. That's it. I stopped trying to understand their decisions on the room request options online.

We had originally booked CBR for our upcoming trip but switched to a deluxe resort but --- just couldn't justify the cost for a holiday trip and we switched back to CBR. We're renting a car to ensure we have a bit more control over transport (onsite and offsite). The difference in cost is FAR less than the cost of the rental car and resort parking.

Thinking about make a reservation at Caribbean Beach but wanted to know how crazy are the crowds at the Skyliner and does the line move pretty quickly?

Thinking about make a reservation at Caribbean Beach but wanted to know how crazy are the crowds at the Skyliner and does the line move pretty quickly?
Lines vary from walk-on to 15 minutes depending on time of day.

Even the 15 minute lines(which usually are the Epcot line) continuously move so it doesn't seem that long.

The majority of the day sees walk-ons or under 5 minute lines.

Disney Skyliner and Rise of the Resistance are EPIC,HISTORICAL additions to WDW!

Last edited:
We stayed at AOA and used the Skyliner, so we were at the CBR station frequently. I used the same phrase as PP - it was a game changer. The line is continuously moving so even if its 30 people deep when you walk up, it won't take much longer than 5 minutes to get everyone on their gondola. We never encountered a wait longer than that. Loved it, which is why we chose to stay at CBR on our upcoming trip.

We had VERY similar experiences last week. Busses were AWFUL to MK and AK. It took us 1:10 minutes to get to MK one afternoon...over an HOUR! And one day we waited at the Bus Stop @ MK for :50 minutes for a bus back to CBR. On top of that, two of our drivers were absolutely horrendous. One guy drove 28 in a 45 MPH zone with no traffic in front of him (my daughter measured our speed on her app) Other busses were actually passing us...another time we had a BRAKE-HAPPY driver who stopped in the middle of an intersection and literally had to back-up :O
I don’t think it makes a difference what resort you’re at, our stay at Pop had the worst bus service I’ve ever experienced at wdw. 30+ min was the average wait for busses to any park in the morning. And to hear people talk it seems it was resort wide.

Just returned from a six-night stay at Caribbean Beach Resort. To begin, we had sent a fax 3-days before hand requesting Barbados Building 31 as we had paid for a preferred room. We wanted to be close to the Main Pool and Old Port Royale, but not on top of it. We had said any room (no corner, no first floor, none of that) and all we had hoped for was Building 31. At the airport as we were boarding our flight we got a text that our room was ready, Martinique Building 26, the closet to OPR. They had us in a courtyard room on the 1st floor and a corner, so looking on Touring Plans at the view and location, we decided that was a good fit. 20 minutes later, I get a call from the resort that the room they assigned us was having operational issues from maintenance, and that they had moved us to another room in Martinique. I asked if they had received my fax, and the assigner said they don't accept faxes anymore. I don't know if this is true, but she wasn't in a mood to talk to me...you could tell. She put us in another room, 2nd floor, and she said it was a Courtyard View. Looking on Touring Plans again after hanging up, it was a 2nd floor, parking lot view (and dumpster too!) and literally about the worst room one could be assigned for preferred in Martinique. I called back and said to her that the view wasn't a courtyard and she apologized and said that was the last room in the preferred areas and that was the only room they had and that we could switch in the AM. We arrived and the room was less than stellar, but we were in Disney and Caribbean Beach resort is beautiful! We went to check-in and they said in order to switch rooms we would have to STAY in our room until 11:00 in the AM and they we could move our stuff out and store it, go to the park (at 12:00 now) and come back at 3:00 for another room which they couldn't tell us which room it would be!? Well, instead of WASTING a day waiting for another room, we said we would stay in our room, since we are at the parks most of the day and the view was less important at that point. It was a rocky start, but the resort itself is really nice. It never felt crowded, which was nice, and the new lobby and the main pool is really, really nice. The Skyliner is amazing, but if you are not a walker (I am, so I don't mind) do NOT get a preferred room because it is a short hike to the main station. To tell you the truth, I would have rather stayed at Jamaica, because it was quiet and a short walk over the bridge to OPR and a short walk to Skyliner, so I would NOT pay for a preferred room unless you want to spend a lot of time at OPR. Now, here are TWO problems we encountered with Caribbean Beach. One, the food court change is just strange. The food is extremely limited and the service is very, very slow. The Coke Freestyle machines are great, but that is about it! Two, the BUSSES are awful. We waited for so long for so many times. If you are going to the MK, it was crazy long, and we tried the internal bus twice, and both times after waiting :30 minutes, walked instead. I heard MANY people complaining from parks about the Caribbean busses back to the resort. If you are at HS or EPCOT, the Skyliner is great, but to AK, MK, and DS, we waited ridiculous times for busses. Overall, I like the resort, but if you are a family relying on bus service especially to the MK, you may want to think twice.
Thank you for your review. I haven’t stayed at CBR for a long time. I think 2007! Back then we had great bus service. And loved the food court. It looks like CBR has vastly improved since last time. Love that now the lobby is in OPR. It never made sense that it was removed from the rest of the resort. My only disappointment is they changed the food court. It used to be so cool and great theming. Now from the photos it looks sterile and zero variety. I think I’ll be going to Riviera for food. Or the new QS in Trinidad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter