Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Question on Coffee stations in the AM. Is OPR the only place to get coffee with refillable mugs? We currently have a standard room booked, but may consider a change based on this (an other reasons). TIA.

Question on Coffee stations in the AM. Is OPR the only place to get coffee with refillable mugs? We currently have a standard room booked, but may consider a change based on this (an other reasons). TIA.

Your options for coffee in AM are OPR and your room.

If we are staying at Riviera in January will we be able to walk to the restaurant in CBR? I can't tell from the maps whether there will be a walking path between the two resorts.

Is there a difference between checking in online or at the front desk? I'm really hoping to get connecting rooms with my mom and I saw the online options to request were limited. I have a preferred room and my mom and sister have king rooms if that makes a difference. TIA!

We’re at CBR now.

Main pool has been closed all day today because of pump issues, and they said they plan opening it tomorrow, but “later” than the scheduled opening time.

For the loss of the feature pool, we got 1 day tickets to a water park. So, we’re doing that on Saturday, instead of miniature golf.

Little kid area, and village pools are all open.

Is there a difference between checking in online or at the front desk? I'm really hoping to get connecting rooms with my mom and I saw the online options to request were limited. I have a preferred room and my mom and sister have king rooms if that makes a difference. TIA!

Usually the best option is do online check-in without selecting any of their generic and limited requests on there, and then call the reservations number any time before 4 or 5 days out with your requests.

Edit: Is the King booking preferred too? That could be an issue for connected, but I'm not as familiar with the different categories as others here.

We’re at CBR now.

Main pool has been closed all day today because of pump issues, and they said they plan opening it tomorrow, but “later” than the scheduled opening time.

For the loss of the feature pool, we got 1 day tickets to a water park. So, we’re doing that on Saturday, instead of miniature golf.

Did they give that out after you went down to the pool and noticed it wasn't operating and talked to a CM or did they notify you some other way? I'm just curious on the situation and how they handled it. With the Florida summer heat and great pool being an extra attraction it makes sense they would comp a waterpark ticket.

We’re at CBR now.

Good compensation because my kids would be so upset to lose use of the pool all day.

Do online and if your request is not met when you get your room assignment,THEN go to the Front Desk and ask very nicely if they could check and see if anything connecting was available then or becoming available later in the day(tell them you do not mind waiting).

Did they give that out after you went down to the pool and noticed it wasn't operating and talked to a CM or did they notify you some other way? I'm just curious on the situation and how they handled it. With the Florida summer heat and great pool being an extra attraction it makes sense they would comp a waterpark ticket.
Only after we went down and talked to a lifeguard.

When we got back to the room later, I noticed there was a message on our phone that announced the closure. If I just got the message and didn’t go down, I would have not gotten the free water park tickets.

So, for future reference, if you ever get a message the pool is closed, go down there anyway, and maybe you will get pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter