Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Typhoon Lagoon is near Disney Springs, Blizzard Beach is near Animal Kingdom. Typhoon Lagoon is probably closer, but not enough to make a huge difference so I would choose the theme that appeals to you more. It used to be a bit more complicated to get to the water parks because you had to go to either Animal Kingdom or Disney Springs and transfer buses but I believe they have direct buses this year.
As of March 17th, 2019. Although you have to get on the Water Park buses at the Old Port Royale stop, it is a direct bus now.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/new-bus-routes-for-walt-disney-world-water-parks-2/
I saw buses for BOTH of those water parks stop at CBR this past week. I say pick your favoite!

Those are fireworks I’m hearing at 9pm for about 20 mins? My little guy won’t fall asleep until they’re over. I’m guessing it’s about the same all over the resort? We’re in Aruba now.

Those are fireworks I’m hearing at 9pm for about 20 mins? My little guy won’t fall asleep until they’re over. I’m guessing it’s about the same all over the resort? We’re in Aruba now.
IllumiNations-Reflections of Earth from Epcot.

Epcot and DHS are very close to CBR(so close I bet you could build a Skyliner between them!:)).

Just back from a 7 night stay at CBR. We had room 4159 in Jamaica. Have to admit I was disspointed.
1. The room location was horrible. We were a long way from everything. Our room overlooked the construction and some nights we could definately hear it. We were also along the main entrance road so we heard all of the buses rolling by.
2. Housekeeping wasn't great. There was mold in the shower. Everyday it seemed they forget to replenish something. One morning it was coffee, the next day tea, then sugar, then soap, then coffee cup lids. We found a couple towels had stains (looked like coffee stains).
3. Our neighbors decided to do their laundrey while we were there. Not a big deal except the hung their clothes to dry over the railing in front of our window. It included women's lacy underwear, bras, and mens underwear. I went to the front desk to ask if they could get those items removed from a public area. Three hours later, the clothes were still there. I then called the front desk who told me they went to the door but nobody answered. They then said that Disney does not allow them to move personal property so the clothes would stay until the guests returned. I find this absurd. The clothes were not within the room, but rather in a common area. If that is true, I suspect it isn't, that policy needs review.
4. We used Uber to get to the parks and then took the Disney bus back to CBR. That seemed to work pretty well with the exception of one bus driver having a bad day.
5. The food at CBR was extra medium. As others have noted, it seemed to take a really long time. We tried MDE to order, but could never get it to work.
6. We didn't spend a ton of time at the pool, partially because of the distance from our room. When we did get there, we were pulled out of the water a few times for "biological" reasons. Which aligns with another point. In addition to getting kids to the bathroom before they use the pool as their toilet, I was a little stunned at how many lightly supervised kids we saw. We spent a total of about 4 hours at the pool. During that time we saw a lifegaurd enter the water twice because kids went down the slide without a life jacket that couldn't swim. We saw a third kid fully clothed simply walk into the deep end because he wasn't looking where he was going - again a lifeguard had to jump in after him.
7. Didn't get as much value out of the refillable mugs this trip. Partially because we were so far from the main building. Also, even though there was a drink station one building over (Building 43), it was sometimes out of what we wanted - Diet Coke and Poweraid. (Side rant: If you want a refill but the timer is still running on your last refill, please dont simply leave your cup on the drink station and stand there watching the clock. Step to the side so others can get their drinks while you wait. We had this happen multiple times).
8. On a positive note, the beds were comfortable, the property was clean, and 99.9% of the employees were very helpful.

Nothing terribly material in this post but just popping in to say we had a very enjoyable 4-night stay at CBR this past weekend. This was our first time at CBR....I had done enough research just to understand the basic layout of the resort, but otherwise walked in with a relatively un-researched blank slate.

We booked a Preferred Room, had Barbados Building 32. Room was ready early (got the text on the plane). Have nothing bad to say at all about the location or room - it made for pretty convenient access to everything.

Used a combination of buses and Minnie Vans to get to/from the parks with zero complaints. Buses seemed frequent at the resort and parks.

We rented bikes one afternoon - it was a fun way to see the entire resort.

Had a few meals at Banana Cabana - that is a great Disney pool restaurant/bar, in my opinion. The bar and setting are beautiful.

Mobile ordered from the place in Old Port Royale (name escaping me) once and it worked perfectly. Thank goodness because the line there was stout.

The main pool was a bit of people soup every afternoon (as are many pools at Disney resorts) and it was hard to find chairs, but it was manageable. It was also extremely hot in Orlando (95+) the last few days, so pool time was on everyone’s agenda.

We survived with large bottled toiletries on the wall. :-) Actually, DW said she likes it better because there’s enough shampoo for her!

We have mostly stayed at deluxes in our Disney travels so obviously CBR offers a bit of a different experience. We wanted to try something/someplace new just for something different. For us (family of four, kids 8 and 4), CBR was great and we’d book there again.

Very curious to stay again when the Skyliner is up and running, will be interesting to see how that changes the CBR experience.

Nothing terribly material in this post but just popping in to say we had a very enjoyable 4-night stay at CBR this past weekend. This was our first time at CBR....I had done enough research just to understand the basic layout of the resort, but otherwise walked in with a relatively un-researched blank slate.

We booked a Preferred Room, had Barbados Building 32. Room was ready early (got the text on the plane). Have nothing bad to say at all about the location or room - it made for pretty convenient access to everything.

Used a combination of buses and Minnie Vans to get to/from the parks with zero complaints. Buses seemed frequent at the resort and parks.

Had a few meals at Banana Cabana - that is a great Disney pool restaurant/bar, in my opinion. The bar and setting are beautiful.

Mobile ordered from the place in Old Port Royale (name escaping me) once and it worked perfectly. Thank goodness because the line there was stout.

The main pool was a bit of people soup every afternoon (as are many pools at Disney resorts) and it was hard to find chairs, but it was manageable. It was also extremely hot in Orlando (95+) the last few days, so pool time was on everyone’s agenda.

We survived with large bottled toiletries on the wall. :-) Actually, DW said she likes it better because there’s enough shampoo for her!

We have mostly stayed at deluxes in our Disney travels so obviously CBR offers a bit of a different experience. We wanted to try something/someplace new just for something different. For us (family of four, kids 8 and 4), CBR was great and we’d book there again.

Very curious to stay again when the Skyliner is up and running, will be interesting to see how that changes the CBR experience.
Any idea if you can order allergy friendly food on app at OPR. I see where you can for spyglass but a tab for that doesn’t show up on mobile order for OPR food court. So weird. I’d like to save time with mobile order if possible.

Thanks to you who have reported back about your stays at CBR...all the Good, Bad, and Ugly Magical. :wizard: I really want to try this resort this fall maybe, when the skyliner is up and running.

I had a feeling you were at Disney this weekend. You didn't post much. LOL

Was curious if you tried Sebastian's Bistro and if so, what did you think?

I had a feeling you were at Disney this weekend. You didn't post much. LOL

Was curious if you tried Sebastian's Bistro and if so, what did you think?

Yes, Disney trip conveniently planned to avoid the great 2019 DIS Upgrade. Good timing on my part! 😎

Unfortunately we didn’t get to try Sebastian’s. I really liked the looks of the menu though. The meals we had at Banana Cabana and Centertown Market were really good and flavorful, in my opinion, so if it has any of the same culinary influences, I’m guessing we would have enjoyed it.

Yes, Disney trip conveniently planned to avoid the great 2019 DIS Upgrade. Good timing on my part! 😎

Unfortunately we didn’t get to try Sebastian’s. I really liked the looks of the menu though. The meals we had at Banana Cabana and Centertown Market were really good and flavorful, in my opinion, so if it has any of the same culinary influences, I’m guessing we would have enjoyed it.

Were they not offering the Sebastian's menu at Banana Cabana?

Were they not offering the Sebastian's menu at Banana Cabana?

If they were, it was by request and I didn’t realize it. The menus didn’t appear to match from what I saw. Caveat that my experience is limited to this past weekend in case I missed something.

If they were, it was by request and I didn’t realize it. The menus didn’t appear to match from what I saw. Caveat that my experience is limited to this past weekend in case I missed something.

Gotcha. I only ask because we currently have a reservation at Sebastian's for our upcoming trip, but we are considering canceling because we have heard that you can get the full menu at Banana Cabana. Thinking this would work better for us, with three little ones in tow. Don't want to cancel though until we know for sure.

Gotcha. I only ask because we currently have a reservation at Sebastian's for our upcoming trip, but we are considering canceling because we have heard that you can get the full menu at Banana Cabana. Thinking this would work better for us, with three little ones in tow. Don't want to cancel though until we know for sure.

Gotcha - I’ll let the CBR pros chime in with better info than me.

Enjoy your trip.

Just back from a 7 night stay at CBR. We had room 4159 in Jamaica. Have to admit I was disspointed.
1. The room location was horrible. We were a long way from everything. Our room overlooked the construction and some nights we could definately hear it. We were also along the main entrance road so we heard all of the buses rolling by.
2. Housekeeping wasn't great. There was mold in the shower. Everyday it seemed they forget to replenish something. One morning it was coffee, the next day tea, then sugar, then soap, then coffee cup lids. We found a couple towels had stains (looked like coffee stains).
3. Our neighbors decided to do their laundrey while we were there. Not a big deal except the hung their clothes to dry over the railing in front of our window. It included women's lacy underwear, bras, and mens underwear. I went to the front desk to ask if they could get those items removed from a public area. Three hours later, the clothes were still there. I then called the front desk who told me they went to the door but nobody answered. They then said that Disney does not allow them to move personal property so the clothes would stay until the guests returned. I find this absurd. The clothes were not within the room, but rather in a common area. If that is true, I suspect it isn't, that policy needs review.
4. We used Uber to get to the parks and then took the Disney bus back to CBR. That seemed to work pretty well with the exception of one bus driver having a bad day.
5. The food at CBR was extra medium. As others have noted, it seemed to take a really long time. We tried MDE to order, but could never get it to work.
6. We didn't spend a ton of time at the pool, partially because of the distance from our room. When we did get there, we were pulled out of the water a few times for "biological" reasons. Which aligns with another point. In addition to getting kids to the bathroom before they use the pool as their toilet, I was a little stunned at how many lightly supervised kids we saw. We spent a total of about 4 hours at the pool. During that time we saw a lifegaurd enter the water twice because kids went down the slide without a life jacket that couldn't swim. We saw a third kid fully clothed simply walk into the deep end because he wasn't looking where he was going - again a lifeguard had to jump in after him.
7. Didn't get as much value out of the refillable mugs this trip. Partially because we were so far from the main building. Also, even though there was a drink station one building over (Building 43), it was sometimes out of what we wanted - Diet Coke and Poweraid. (Side rant: If you want a refill but the timer is still running on your last refill, please dont simply leave your cup on the drink station and stand there watching the clock. Step to the side so others can get their drinks while you wait. We had this happen multiple times).
8. On a positive note, the beds were comfortable, the property was clean, and 99.9% of the employees were very helpful.

We’re at CBR and I agree with most of this review. I won’t be coming back to this resort. I’ve stayed at POP and Animal Kingdom before and prefer both to CBR. Staying at AOA for the second half of our trip and hope it’s an improvement.

1) we’re in Aruba, 2nd floor with a stroller, and they couldn’t move us when we arrived because everything else was taken. They said we could move midweek but I’m a single mom with a toddler. I can’t do a move like that.
2) we haven’t seen any mold but the room smells like mildew and sewer sometimes. Not nice.
3) I’ve seen the laundry around and it doesn’t bother me but what does bother me is the people walking around smoking carelessly. My toddler almost got grazed by a cigarette.
4) busses are ok for departure but we’ve been leaving from old port royale. Busses always seem to be late for coming back to the resort. Saw POP and AOA and yacht&beach and Port Orleans bus come twice while trying to leave Epcot and Hollywood studios.
5) hot breakfast was inedible. Got the burger for dinner at it was fine.
6) the kids pirate ship area is where people dump their kids and wouldn’t even notice if they drowned. There’s rarely a lifeguard there so I don’t think anyone would even notice if a kid died.
7) I’m not a fan of the beds or pillows. Pillows seem to lose their shape as soon as your head hits it.

I know most people here are CBR fans but I’m putting my review out there in case it helps anyone.

I'm just getting around to adding a review from our time at CBR from 5/4 - 5/10. It was our first time at any moderate resort (growing up we stayed in values and in 2017 my husband and I stayed at AKL).

Traveling with me was my mom and two of my kids, ages 4 and 2. We had a pirate room in Trinidad. I was a bit concerned the skull curtain would scare the kids, but they loved the theming, so that was a win!

We had a really great time there. The pros:
1. No trouble at all with bus timing either coming or going. There was one instance where my mom and 4yo didn't want to squeeze onto a full MK morning bus with the stroller, so they opted to wait for the next bus. The first bus driver called to tell them we were waiting, so we were on a new bus completely by ourselves within 5 minutes.
2. I had several Amazon Prime Now orders delivered to bell services, as well as a stroller rental from Kingdom Strollers. I had no problem retrieving my items, and bell services drove us, all our packages, and our luggage to our building upon arrival.
3. We had a VIP cleaning request to accommodate my daughter's allergies. I double checked at the front desk that our room had been cleaned properly, and the CM I spoke with knew exactly who we were, had remembered seeing our request come through, and had personally ensured that our room was cleaned as specified. And our room was ready several hours early! We brought our own bed linens from home, and mousekeeping honored our request to not strip/make the beds.
4. The kids adored the pools. They spent a lot of time in the pirate play area. There were a few rowdy kids who weren't being properly supervised, but there was a lifeguard on duty who repeatedly took care of it and eventually spoke with their parents. She was very attentive to all the kids in that area, and one one particularly busy evening there were two lifeguards on duty in that section.
5. The little sand beaches were also a huge hit with the kids, as well as the playground area. I hadn't really factored these in when we booked here, but they ended up being some of the highlights of my kids' trip!

The cons:
1. Some of the sidewalks were quite buggy by mid-afternoon because of lovebug season. HOWEVER, this isn't the resort's fault. I returned back from a late night around 1 a.m. and the sidewalks that had been disgusting earlier in the day were perfectly clean, so CMs do try to keep it all as clean as they can.
2. Not a con for us because we ended up being on the ground floor, but it would have been a major pain to haul a double stroller up stairs to the second level each day. If you're going to have a stroller, request the ground floor.
3. The food left a lot to be desired. Spyglass was slow (even using mobile order) and basically inedible, BUT they do have a microwave for guests to use, which is a big plus. Centertown Market was meh—mobile order worked great but it wouldn't have been worth a long wait in line. We only ate there once. Banana Cabana was a nice atmosphere and had great drinks, and the grab-n-go wasn't bad. We didn't eat at Sebastian's. If I were doing it all again, I think I'd order more groceries from Prime Now, and bring more food back from the parks/other restaurants to reheat in the Spyglass microwave. We also ordered food from Banana Cabana to take back to our room once that wasn't too bad, but it was about a 20 minute wait for the food.
4. There was gondola construction across the lake from us (we were in Trinidad with a water view). It never bothered us, but I'll share for others' info. The only noise I noticed was occasional beeping from trucks, only during the day. The construction site did seem to be quite brightly lit at night, but the curtain in our room completely blacked it out, so it wasn't an issue for us.

All in all, I was very impressed by CBR! When we go back in 2021 with the whole family (including an additional kid, my dad, and my husband) we'll for sure consider staying here again. It was so much fun for the kids without the crowded insanity you sometimes see at the values, and I think my husband would really enjoy the relaxed, beachy vibe. Hope this helps someone!

I was wondering if anyone knows if we would be able to use the pools after checking out the last day... We don't fly until evening, and don't have anything else scheduled yet. I didn't notice a place to change, but maybe I missed it? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter