Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I just saw on Disney Tourist Blog that some people with trips through AUGUST are getting emails that construction will still be going on then. Has anyone gotten emails about that? We will be there in September and thought everything would be long done by then but now I'm not so sure!

If they're sticking with Fall 2019 for the Skyliner to open then that makes sense.

I just saw on Disney Tourist Blog that some people with trips through AUGUST are getting emails that construction will still be going on then. Has anyone gotten emails about that? We will be there in September and thought everything would be long done by then but now I'm not so sure!

Construction will technically be going on that “impacts” CBR until Riviera opens up in December 2019. But when I was there in December 2018, the construction wasn’t an issue. They don’t begin until around 9 AM and the major construction is over. By your trip in September, things will be on the downswing.

No email for us - we go 20th July.

Just an update... we have been here 5 days and in that time the grounds in Jamaica that are under construction (by the bridge) went from visible pipes/dirt, to fully covered and landscaped, so they are moving fast! Even with the ground pulled up the place is still beautiful. We stayed at CSR last time and I strongly prefer CBR. It's very pretty here.

Just an update... we have been here 5 days and in that time the grounds in Jamaica that are under construction (by the bridge) went from visible pipes/dirt, to fully covered and landscaped, so they are moving fast! Even with the ground pulled up the place is still beautiful. We stayed at CSR last time and I strongly prefer CBR. It's very pretty here.
Great news thanks for the update!!

I know this has already been asked and answered so I apologize but I can’t seem to find it again... standard 5th sleeper rooms are only in Aruba and Jamaica? Thinking about room requests and just want to understand where all my options are.

Ugh, this has me worried. We will be there in July and have a standard room booked. I booked in Feb. (free dining) before they started tearing up the grounds. Since we booked standard, we will definitely be in Jamaica or Aruba, ground zero for this. I would have rather paid for an upgraded room to be away from this but it wasn't going on when I booked so I didn't know I needed to. Now it sounds like it might still be going on in July. For what I'm paying for my vacation, I am not o.k. with chain link fences and torn up grounds outside my room! I thought the only construction would be Riviera and the gondola stations. :(

Ugh, this has me worried. We will be there in July and have a standard room booked. I booked in Feb. (free dining) before they started tearing up the grounds. Since we booked standard, we will definitely be in Jamaica or Aruba, ground zero for this. I would have rather paid for an upgraded room to be away from this but it wasn't going on when I booked so I didn't know I needed to. Now it sounds like it might still be going on in July. For what I'm paying for my vacation, I am not o.k. with chain link fences and torn up grounds outside my room! I thought the only construction would be Riviera and the gondola stations. :(

They are 99% done with the groundwork in front of Jamaica and should be done by the end of next week. The groundwork in front of Aruba should be done by the end of May. You will be good to go in July.

Don't worry. I'm here now and it's nothing like that. When we got here on Monday there were some fences, but as of today they were all gone in Jamaica... and what was there looked nothing like that. As of today all the fences were gone.

Don't worry. I'm here now and it's nothing like that. When we got here on Monday there were some fences, but as of today they were all gone in Jamaica... and what was there looked nothing like that. As of today all the fences were gone.
Thank you so much for keeping all of us with upcoming trips updated! It’s been stressful worrying that my husband was going to be disappointed we paid more to go moderate and it’s a mess lol

We (my mom and I) are staying at CBR next month. It will be our first time there in about 25 years (not back to WDW, just Caribbean Beach). We got a great deal on a water/pool view which we ordinarily don't care about but the deal was so great that it beat out standard in other moderates. My concern is-we would like to be close to a bus but don't mind walking up to the 2nd floor or even having a slightly longer walk to food/main area as we usually don't eat a ton at the resort and bring snacks. What should I be requesting, if anything at all?

We (my mom and I) are staying at CBR next month. It will be our first time there in about 25 years (not back to WDW, just Caribbean Beach). We got a great deal on a water/pool view which we ordinarily don't care about but the deal was so great that it beat out standard in other moderates. My concern is-we would like to be close to a bus but don't mind walking up to the 2nd floor or even having a slightly longer walk to food/main area as we usually don't eat a ton at the resort and bring snacks. What should I be requesting, if anything at all?

I would call in a request of close to the buses. We didn't make a request, but felt the same as you. We didn't really care how far the main building was, we only went 2 times the week we were there (well 3 because we went right there when we got there). We were close to the Aruba bus/pool and not that far from the freestyle machine. Worked out perfectly for us.

Since every village has its own bus stop, you're not going to be far from one no matter where you are. I would request Martinique or Barbados. With those you'll be close to a bus stop and very close to the food court.

I have two questions:

Will you be able to walk from CBR to Riviera Resort? (Will there will be paths that connect similar to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian?)

And... has anyone here stayed at CBR for runDisney race weekends? Do the event buses for the races pick up/drop off at each village or at one location?

Thank you!! :)

I have two questions:

Will you be able to walk from CBR to Riviera Resort? (Will there will be paths that connect similar to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian?)

Yes.

And... has anyone here stayed at CBR for runDisney race weekends? Do the event buses for the races pick up/drop off at each village or at one location?

Thank you!! :)

In the past, race buses picked up at each Village plus OPR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter