Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We booked a Perferred Room for end of February. We stayed here once a couple years back, before all of the construction. In fact our room is gone. :(

I wanted to see if Barbados or Martinique is better at this point in time? It looks like Martinique is a little closer to the lobby but also closer to the construction? So, I am thinking Barbados? Thoughts?

We are looking forward to giving the resort another try now that there is real food options again! My girls love the main pool.

We booked a Perferred Room for end of February. We stayed here once a couple years back, before all of the construction. In fact our room is gone. :(

I wanted to see if Barbados or Martinique is better at this point in time? It looks like Martinique is a little closer to the lobby but also closer to the construction? So, I am thinking Barbados? Thoughts?

We are looking forward to giving the resort another try now that there is real food options again! My girls love the main pool.

You can't go wrong with either but if I was forced to choose one, it'd be Martinique.

I'm considering switching to CBR from my CSR reservation to save $400. Can anyone say how they differ or are similar? I'm nervous to switch because I like CSR so much but $400 is a lot.

Will be staying here at the end of April with my parents and two sisters. (At my age of 45, and I’m the baby, we are finally taking a family trip to WDW) My mom has taken care of all the reservations and we are booked in a two queen/pull down room. Disney has upgraded us to a preferred room.

My questions,
1) will an adult comfortably fit on the pull down? I’m the shortest at 5’7”.
2) Any suggestion on what area we should request?

Thank you for your help.

Hi all!

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm super excited for my stay at CBR 2/10-2/15! It will be my first time back at CBR since 2001! Yikes!

I was really happy to read @DisneyMom21 review of their location in Aruba 51 since I've requested a standard view room in that building through Touringplans. We'll see if I get anywhere close to that but Disney got me really close to my requested room in BWI 1st week of Dec so I've got my fingers crossed! I like the idea of being so close to the walkway across Caribbean Cay, yet still being in a fairly quiet area.

@piglet too I did a little googling and it says the pull down beds are slightly smaller than a twin - 64" long x 30" wide https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...ie-caribbean-beach-resort-adult-sleep-296139/

We booked a Standard View room at CBR which specifically said it was also a Murphy bed room. However, we won’t necessarily need a Murphy bed. Can we simply request a room without one in my room requests or online check in? I’d prefer someone who really needs it to have it.

Just wanted to post an update regarding our recent Dec. trip:

I previously wrote about the lengthy problem we had at check in regarding the dining plan not showing on our reservation (we booked free dining and paid to upgrade to regular dining plan). I sent an email regarding the problem encountered and I was contacted promptly. The person I spoke with was very nice and apologetic. He mentioned we should have been sent on our way while they fixed the issue. He gave us a credit which was fair and I am happy with their response.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! In the meanwhile I will enjoy reading everyone else's reviews :)

Just wanted to post an update regarding our recent Dec. trip:

I previously wrote about the lengthy problem we had at check in regarding the dining plan not showing on our reservation (we booked free dining and paid to upgrade to regular dining plan). I sent an email regarding the problem encountered and I was contacted promptly. The person I spoke with was very nice and apologetic. He mentioned we should have been sent on our way while they fixed the issue. He gave us a credit which was fair and I am happy with their response.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! In the meanwhile I will enjoy reading everyone else's reviews :)
Glad they did something about it

Hey y’all! We are deciding between CBR and POR for our trip in September. I’m leaning more towards CBR because I just love the tropical vibe.

If my kids will want to spend a lot of time at the main pool, is it worth it to just book preferred? Or would I be okay requesting Jamaica or Aruba?

Hey y’all! We are deciding between CBR and POR for our trip in September. I’m leaning more towards CBR because I just love the tropical vibe.

If my kids will want to spend a lot of time at the main pool, is it worth it to just book preferred? Or would I be okay requesting Jamaica or Aruba?

It's just our opinion, but we feel paying extra $$ for Preferred is not worth it. We have stayed in Standard rooms in many different areas at CBR and haven't found any to be "far" from the Main Feature pool. They actually removed the "farthest" Standard rooms when they demolished the original Village of Barbados to build the Riviera Resort. Our last 5 trips we have requested "Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51" and got one of them each time. Both are about a 4 minute stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool. In fact, those 2 locations are the same distance to the Main Feature pool as some of the Preferred Rooms in Martinique.

This question is just for my own peace of mind, are all of the main areas of the resort now construction-free and open? As in the Old Port Royale and main pool? I'd be fine with construction ongoing at the neighboring new resort, I just don't want to miss out on a restaurant or the main pool. Thank you.

This question is just for my own peace of mind, are all of the main areas of the resort now construction-free and open? As in the Old Port Royale and main pool? I'd be fine with construction ongoing at the neighboring new resort, I just don't want to miss out on a restaurant or the main pool. Thank you.

Yes, you can put your mind at ease.

If we wanted a quiet room near a bus stop, where should I request a (non-preferred, standard) room? We will have our own vehicle, but will take the bus to MK our two park days. Thanks!

I have the option of Free Dining for either a Water View or Preferred Room at CBR- Water View is saving money. I'd like to be as near the main food area and pool as possible. Should I book Preferred or just go with water view and request something specific?

HELP...If I book a room at CBR with a 5th sleeper, will that guarantee me a room with a small murphy bed? :confused3 We are booking three rooms (each with 2 adults and one with 2 kids), and we want to each have a small murphy bed in our rooms in case the kids need to sleep with my brother one night and my parents the next (depending on our park schedules).

My family currently has three preferred rooms booked at POR for August. We like that the preferred rooms there are close to everything, but mostly like the fact that they all seem to have a small murphy bed. I'd love to take advantage of the better discount at CBR, but I don't know if I'm willing to risk not getting the murphy beds.

Any knowledge is greatly appreciated! TIA
:goodvibes

I'm coming across info that water view (not preferred) is allowing Martinique as a request. Does this mean that not all of Martinique is preferred?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter