Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone flew Suncountry? Does magical express pick up your luggage? I read old reviews where they said they didn't but my CM said they do. Do not want luggage left there- would like to hear from someone who actually flew suncountry. Thanks.
I have flown sun country and they pick up your luggage

Has anyone here been to CBR with food allergies since the construction?

I was planning to give POR a try for our next family trip while all the construction is going on, but with the new dog policy I'm reconsidering. I could maybe get along with the general construction disruptions but the lack of a food court worries me with my kids. They have extensive food allergies and we often end up reaching out and speaking to a chef up front to make sure they have access to some items that my kids can have. They've offered in the past to get coconut milk ice cream or almond milk as they can't have dairy or soy or rice. And when we order something like french fries it has to be made from fresh potatoes, no frozen stuff that usually has coatings, and cooked being very conscious of cross contamination with just about any other food.

Meals we have done for them in the past for example were for breakfast bacon, potatoes, and fruit. For a lunch or dinner a plain grilled chicken with roasted potatoes (sometimes a baked sweet potato) and a steamed veggie (no green beans).

I'm not sure if they can accommodate these sort of simple meals with the current setup. Do they still have a separate space to prepare the allergy friendly options? And if they do, is my only option likely paying for the buffet meal?

I'm going to be at Pop next month and I'm considering swinging by CBR to check out the current feel. Our family trip won't be until April/May but I was just told the food court wouldn't be opening until June.

Any incite that you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Just got back and my experience was that Aruba definitely did not get its own bus. We were the last pick up and last drop offf and there were a few times that we could tell by the bus monitor (and by the wait) that the buses were full and didn't get to us- the next bus that arrived was the next bus going through all of the stops and not rerouted just to us.
Magic Kingdom 7:00 EMH we were waiting before 6:00...according to the monitor the bus was supposed to come at 6:21 and at 6:19 saw it slowly increase until 640. Just a word of advice maybe for the EMH ... walk over to port royale and maybe wait there !

If you have a package, it needs to be paid 30 days prior to your arrival so the gift card would not work for that. If you have a room only, you pay the balance at check in so since they give you the gift cards then, you should be able to use it at that time.

Thanks for the reply but that wasn't my question ;)

I have a dessert party reservation that I had to prepay for. I arrive on a Friday, dessert party is on a Tuesday afterwards. Would I be able to have a phone CM switch my reservation from my credit card to the gift card?

Thanks for the reply but that wasn't my question ;)

I have a dessert party reservation that I had to prepay for. I arrive on a Friday, dessert party is on a Tuesday afterwards. Would I be able to have a phone CM switch my reservation from my credit card to the gift card?

Yup.

Quick question: What is the quickest and/or easiest way to get from Hoop Dee Doo back to CBR at night?

I was planning to bring some self-heating kosher meals for our dinners, but I'm wondering how much kosher meals cost and which items are available at CBR. The CM I chatted with was very nice and said that there are definitely kosher meals available, even with the food court converted to a buffet tent, but didn't have access to any further information. Long shot, I know, but I'm always pleasantly surprised at the info I'm able to get here.

I have no idea how this works in the resorts or if this have changed over the last few years. But I used to work in the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot about 10 years ago, and the guests wanting kosher meals had to order them either 24 or 48 hours in advance as they're pre made and needs to be ordered in.

I have no idea how this works in the resorts or if this have changed over the last few years. But I used to work in the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot about 10 years ago, and the guests wanting kosher meals had to order them either 24 or 48 hours in advance as they're pre made and needs to be ordered in.
Thanks for the info. Yes, she did say that for table service restaurants, you need to order beforehand, and we did that for our last trip. But there are quick service locations that keep a few stocked for on demand ordering. It's not a big deal, I can ask about it when we get to the resort.

I am new to this thread and looking at booking this resort for March. How does this 75$ gift card deal work? Will it be available in March and is it per night or is it a one card per trip? Is it used for meals or can we use it for any purchase? If we are using Florida resident discount do we still get it? Thanks for any help.

I am new to this thread and looking at booking this resort for March. How does this 75$ gift card deal work? Will it be available in March and is it per night or is it a one card per trip? Is it used for meals or can we use it for any purchase? If we are using Florida resident discount do we still get it? Thanks for any help.

The gift card offer is no longer available, sorry. You had to have booked by March 20th I believe to have been eligible. It was a compensation to people who booked before all the construction & restaurant closures were announced.

The gift card promotion was offered for a few weeks last spring when the renovations were first announced. You had to book before a certain date (in April, I think) to qualify.

Edit: gift card offer ended on March 19 (or 20). It was only available for a short time and started as a compensation for those who booked before renovations were announced. Some people were calling and being moved to other resorts, then they offered a $25/night gift card before settling on the 75 a night.

Last edited:

A little more history on the gift card: it was mid February when the extent of the renovations was announced. After giving $75 a night discounts to some who called with complaints, on Feb 24 they announced the $25 a night gift card. By Feb 28 there had been enough complaints that the gift card was changed to $75 a night. Then it ended by March 19, so the assumption was that plenty of people booked so they no longer needed the promotion.

Apparently I have too much time on my hands tonight because I went back and looked over past post to get these dates. I was following it when it happened, but time does run together. I hope this helps for those who weren’t following back in Feb and March.

Thanks. Coronado is about the same price but I enjoyed Caribbeans food court much more and was hoping the gift card would was still available. Now that it is not available we may have to think about it some more. Thanks for your help.

A little more history on the gift card: it was mid February when the extent of the renovations was announced. After giving $75 a night discounts to some who called with complaints, on Feb 24 they announced the $25 a night gift card. By Feb 28 there had been enough complaints that the gift card was changed to $75 a night. Then it ended by March 19, so the assumption was that plenty of people booked so they no longer needed the promotion.

Apparently I have too much time on my hands tonight because I went back and looked over past post to get these dates. I was following it when it happened, but time does run together. I hope this helps for those who weren’t following back in Feb and March.

just to add... it actually is not a "promotion". it is a compensation. so any promotion that comes up (free dining, room only) can be applied and you can keep the $75 per night gift card (as that is not a promotion.. so there is no double dipping) but the reservation # has to stay the same.. for example if you booked a "room only" (as we did, we have annual passes) we would only be able to apply a "room only" promotion ./ a free dining or any other kidn of "Package" would change our reservation # and we would lose the gift card. I booked on march 19, the last possible date tog et the gift card.

Last edited:
Thanks. Coronado is about the same price but I enjoyed Caribbeans food court much more and was hoping the gift card would was still available. Now that it is not available we may have to think about it some more. Thanks for your help.
The food court is being renovated so they have food trucks and a buffet tent up now, no regular food court.

And we appreciate your effort! I didn't realize/remember that the $75 compensation window was only about 3-4 weeks long! Glad I made my ressie when I did. Looking forward to being here next week for my first stay at this resort. Looks wonderful!

The food court is being renovated so they have food trucks and a buffet tent up now, no regular food court.
Even tho the 'welcome to CBR' email I got a couple days ago STILL has the food court listed as a place to eat. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter