Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

The queen beds are what keeps us from trying the PO rooms. We'd really like to try them, but we really don't like sharing a full size bed. The only way we'll switch is if a discount comes out for our next trip that gives one of the PO resorts a significant advantage.

The queen beds are what keeps us from trying the PO rooms. We'd really like to try them, but we really don't like sharing a full size bed. The only way we'll switch is if a discount comes out for our next trip that gives one of the PO resorts a significant advantage.

Both POR and POFQ have had queen beds for about 6-7 years now. CBR was the last moderate with full beds.

After much pondering, I've changed back to CBR! The price difference between it and a "dream stay" at the Poly was just... CBR is my Disney home and where my heart is!! 8/18-26!! Hooray!!

Is there anywhere to get a good idea of the views, king rooms, etc. since touring plans is reportedly so inaccurate?

After much pondering, I've changed back to CBR! The price difference between it and a "dream stay" at the Poly was just... CBR is my Disney home and where my heart is!! 8/18-26!! Hooray!!
Is there anywhere to get a good idea of the views, king rooms, etc. since touring plans is reportedly so inaccurate?

You're probably going to not believe this, but we actually like CBR BETTER THAN Poly!
The only advantage of Poly (imho) is the proximity to MK and the monorail.
Poly was much noisier, and far more hectic.
Honestly when we stayed there (2009) DH said never again. I even tried to coerce them into AKL but nothing doing.
We are planning a YC stay sometime in the future... Just so I can enjoy SAB...

Just booked for May!!! Was waiting for the discounts on standard room only which didn't happen so as much as it pains me to pay rack rate I just had to get things rolling. Actually standard rack rate here was the same as the discounted Garden view at POR which I've stayed at my last three visits. But I haven't stayed at CBR since 1999 so really wanted to give it another go. Loved it back then so looking forward to another great visit. Four nights here and four at Poly (my first) for this trip!!!! Can't wait!!!!

We just booked CBR for a late May trip. It's our favorite moderate! At a recent stay at POP I was able to get a box fan for the room. Has anyone been able to do this at CBR?

My family has booked this resort for June 2017. Since we booked with a cast member discount, we are placed in the Pirate rooms. We are traveling with another family who has booked a room in the preferred section. We would like to have our rooms as close as possible. I have called to request our room be moved, but have been told nothing is available with my rate. What are the chances a "regular" non pirate room will open with cast member family discount? I appreciate any response. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the beds at CBR have pillowtops?

We stayed in November and as many of you have said, the bed was so comfy. I emailed Simmons Hospitality and asked about the exact model and how to purchase. Here was part of their response:

"Attached is an order form and product information for the “non-flip / maintenance-free” Simmons Beautyrest®Disney Moderate Plush, which is a private-label model made exclusively for specific Walt Disney World Resorts, and featured at the Caribbean Beach Resort. This Beautyrest® bed set is not available in any retail bedding outlet, represents one of the top commercial models made by Simmons, and features the latest innovations in sleep-system design. This model does not disappoint, and I am confident that you will be impressed as well!"

It is NOT a pillowtop so I just want to confirm it's the same as what we slept on. And for anyone wondering, the price is $1599 for king mattress and foundation.

I just booked for June. I've never stayed at CBR but I was booking for 3 adults and 2 kids and the "preferred room" was a really reasonable price. Do I need to call and specifically request the 2 queen/1 kid pulldown bed setup, or will that be automatic? Thanks for any help!

I just booked for June. I've never stayed at CBR but I was booking for 3 adults and 2 kids and the "preferred room" was a really reasonable price. Do I need to call and specifically request the 2 queen/1 kid pulldown bed setup, or will that be automatic? Thanks for any help!

As long as both kids are over the age of 3 you will automatically get a room with 2 Queens and a Murphy Bed.

I know this is probably a dumb question, and im sure everyone is sick of these questions, but if we get Jamaica, how worried do i need to be about possible alligators and my 3 year old on the connecting island? Please don't judge! I'm seriously worried about this and the amount of water/beaches at the resort. Thank you.

I know this is probably a dumb question, and im sure everyone is sick of these questions, but if we get Jamaica, how worried do i need to be about possible alligators and my 3 year old on the connecting island? Please don't judge! I'm seriously worried about this and the amount of water/beaches at the resort. Thank you.

You don't need to be worried one bit.

Hey guys! I am looking into CBR for my trip in Spring 2018 and I am so excited about it. We love the option to book a king bed room, and prefer the theming here versus the PO resorts. I have been looking around at the locations of the King Bed rooms and they seem kind of randomly scattered but I definitely want a lake view so that would be my #1 request. I've found a good amount of these rooms are in Jamaica building 42. My question is this: is it possible to use the path over the island to get to the food court/main house area? Is it possible to do this even if the pool is closed, say, in the early morning for example?

Thank you so much :goodvibes

Hey guys! I am looking into CBR for my trip in Spring 2018 and I am so excited about it. We love the option to book a king bed room, and prefer the theming here versus the PO resorts. I have been looking around at the locations of the King Bed rooms and they seem kind of randomly scattered but I definitely want a lake view so that would be my #1 request. I've found a good amount of these rooms are in Jamaica building 42. My question is this: is it possible to use the path over the island to get to the food court/main house area? Is it possible to do this even if the pool is closed, say, in the early morning for example?

The path is always open. The pool is beside Port Royale, and fenced off. No matter where you are on property, the pool wouldn't be an issue.

Hey guys! I am looking into CBR for my trip in Spring 2018 and I am so excited about it. We love the option to book a king bed room, and prefer the theming here versus the PO resorts. I have been looking around at the locations of the King Bed rooms and they seem kind of randomly scattered but I definitely want a lake view so that would be my #1 request.

If you book a King Room it's going to be extremely difficult to get a true view of the lake. Your best shot would be to book a Water View Room and request a lake view as Water View Rooms will have a view of one of the leisure pools OR the lake. There are no rooms that are double classified as King Water View. A room will be EITHER a King or a Water View. There are a very few King rooms that will give you a small glimpse of the Lake, but not a true Lake View. There are the exact same amount of King rooms in each building and they are in pretty much the same locations in each of the buildings with the same shape.

The buildings that have the best chance of getting a King Room with somewhat of a view of the Lake are:

Trinidad North 32
Martinique 25 and 22
Barbados 11 and 15
Aruba 52 and 55
Jamaica 42 and 45

I've found a good amount of these rooms are in Jamaica building 42. My question is this: is it possible to use the path over the island to get to the food court/main house area? Is it possible to do this even if the pool is closed, say, in the early morning for example?

As @IrishNYC stated, the bridge and path from Jamaica/Aruba is always open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter