Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are less than 60 days out from our stay at CBR. I didn't get any notifications about pre registering? Is that still something that should happen?

Also we have 2 adults, 3 kids and 1 baby. Do we somehow request a room with a pull down bed or how will that work?

If you have 5 guests over the age of 3, you will definitely get a room with a Murphy Bed.

Its beside the resort reservation on your dily itinerary. It will say begin or update check in. Its a little link on the right hnd side of the page where it lists your resort

Awesome, thanks! I just checked in. It's confusing though because it says I can skip the front desk by checking in early, but you would still have to go to the front desk to get keys? Or do you use your magic band for that?

Awesome, thanks! I just checked in. It's confusing though because it says I can skip the front desk by checking in early, but you would still have to go to the front desk to get keys? Or do you use your magic band for that?

You MAY be able to Bypass The Front Desk. If you are able to Bypass The Front Desk, you will get a text before arriving at CBR with your room number. If that happens, you can go directly to your room and your Magic Bands will open the door. This doesn't happen for everyone, but does happen.

You may also get a text stating your room is not ready yet, but has been assigned. Then you will get another text with your room number when it is ready. If this happens you will also be able to go directly to your room with stopping at the Front Desk.

Or you may not get any text and if so, just stop by the Online Check In desk to check in. If your room is ready, they will give you the room number. If it's not ready yet, they will text you the number when it is ready.

We go to the front desk to see what goodies they have. Last year I got the sword and eye-patch...wife wouldn't let me wear the eye-patch in public. 8-)

When it comes to room refurbs, generally what happens is that they close one or two buildings at a time, complete those and move on, so there are not guests in any of the room next to the work being done. So it doesn't really cause any issues for guests other than perhaps your choice of a building might not be available.

When do you find out you can go straight to your room instead of going to the custom house? Last year I thought I got a email telling us but can't remember how far ahead we get that.

When do you find out you can go straight to your room instead of going to the custom house? Last year I thought I got a email telling us but can't remember how far ahead we get that.

Sometime during your check in day. The email guests receive a couple weeks out will say you MAY be able to Bypass The Front Desk. But you don't find out for sure until check in day.

The notification usually comes right about the time you indicated you'll be arriving. Either with a room number, saying to see the front desk, or telling you the room's not quite ready. In my experience, if I get the 3rd option, I don't always get a follow up with the actual room #, so if you get that version, I advise stopping by the front desk upon arrival.

On-line check in vs. front desk ?? I haven't done my on-line check in yet and am debating if I should. We are coming in later on 11/25 for 1 night room-only stay and then on 11/26 we check in for our package and the remaining 7 nights of our vacation. I have already requested that I stay in the same room if possible (I haven't made any other requests yet). I want to make sure both sets of my magic bands are activated because we plan to hit the parks Saturday morning and I don't want to waste my time Saturday at the Custom House if I can avoid it. Anyone have experience with this and if so, what worked best for you? Thnx!

On-line check in vs. front desk ?? I haven't done my on-line check in yet and am debating if I should. We are coming in later on 11/25 for 1 night room-only stay and then on 11/26 we check in for our package and the remaining 7 nights of our vacation. I have already requested that I stay in the same room if possible (I haven't made any other requests yet). I want to make sure both sets of my magic bands are activated because we plan to hit the parks Saturday morning and I don't want to waste my time Saturday at the Custom House if I can avoid it. Anyone have experience with this and if so, what worked best for you? Thnx!

I stayed at CBR last month with a one night room only reservation and then a package stay. I had booked different category rooms (water view then standard) so I did have to move rooms. They will be able to tell you when you check in for the first night if you have to move or not. They told me because I had done online check in, I was all set the next morning for tickets and my dining plan. I had bell services come get and hold my luggage, went to the park and when I returned I went right to my new room (per the text). It was very easy. Your magic bands should be sent to you activated, you do not need to do anything. You can tell by looking in MDE to ensure it says active next to them. You can use either band, both are linked to your MDE. I would recommend online check in, but still go to custom house when you arrive the first night to inquire about the second reservation.

I believe @dansdad has mentioned being at the bus stop about an hour before you want to be somewhere....is this true for rope drop at all the parks? I want to be at MK in time to see the welcome show for a 9am opening. If I'm at the bus stop by 7:30am is that sufficient?

And same question for the other parks. If I want to be there for RD, does it make sense to be at the bus stop by about 7:45am (for a 9am opening)? Thanks in advance :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter