Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Suggestions on good room location for Pirate Themed room?
is it really that out of the way, that I should go for non themed room?

Thanks
Kim

Suggestions on good room location for Pirate Themed room?
is it really that out of the way, that I should go for non themed room?

Thanks
Kim

They are the furthest rooms from OPR and the Main Feature Pool. But, from the absolute furthest room is 9-10 minute walk. The closest is about a 7-8 minute walk. I would request buildings 34, 35, or 36.

When you refer to fax, exactly what are you referring to? That may be a dumb question but I'm thinking of using the TP room finder also and need all of the help I can get lol.
I would definitely check water view. There are definitely water view rooms in the preferred sections of CBR and I would definitely use the TP room request. We used it last year for POP, and it worked perfectly! We clicked and added our first choice room to the fax and then edited and added several other choices in the "example" section of the fax (the area that lists several room #'s). We got our 2nd choice which turned out perfect! Just remember, you can edit the portion of the fax that gives examples of rooms so it only includes rooms that you would like to have. Of course the TP room fax isn't guaranteed but it worked for us :)

Good luck on getting a perfect room for your family!

My online check in window has opened. We booked a preferred room. Can I request a water view room as one of my options? or is that a waste because that is a different category. I guess my question really is can a preferred booking have a water view room?

You will not get a room with a Water View if you booked a Preferred Room. Rooms are classified as one of the following:

Standard
Preferred
Water View
King
Pirate Themed
Pirate Themed Water View

As you can see there is no Preferred Water View room type so requesting a Water View during Online Check In would be a waste of a request.

I also have a subscription to touring plans and am thinking of using the room request feature there for the first time - any advice on the best way to get the room I want?

We have always had great success by calling the Main Reservations line and adding our room requests to our reservation. Requests are just that and not guaranteed but we are running at about 90% success rate at CBR.

When you refer to fax, exactly what are you referring to? That may be a dumb question but I'm thinking of using the TP room finder also and need all of the help I can get lol.

Just an FYI, the Touring Plans Room Finder tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room amenities, room views and room types. Especially for CBR. So much so that I have stopped using it and recommending it. I have had the opportunity to speak to a couple room assigners over the years. All 3 of them independently said that it helps them the most when guests describe what they are looking for in a room. Some examples:

Upper floor, corner room, Jamaica 45
Ground floor, Aruba, close to bus stop

They find it much easier to grant requests when they know what the guest wants instead of a room number or set of room numbers.

Last edited:
On the TP room finder, when you find the room view that you like, up in the top right hand corner you will see where it says "Click here to make a request for this room during your upcoming trip". Click on the word "here" and it will take you back to your dashboard and you will see that they have captured your room choice and you will see a button that says "configure fax" click on that button and you will see 2 sections to fill out. The first one says "For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room:", here you will list other rooms that you like and then a section for "additional special requests". The first box, you can copy the information on the page that shows the picture of the room your chose (look for "To request this room, provide Disney with the following text" right under the picture) or you can list 3-4 more rooms that you like better, even in another village.
In the large box that says "additional special requests" You can add brief explanations of any special issues that you feel that the room assigner would need to know to be able to pick you the perfect room if one of your choices were available.
In my special requests, I have explained that I have a special request of a ground floor since my mom will be with us and she can't do stairs and it would be great to be close to a bus stop since she will be in a wheelchair to get around the resort and parks.
These are my 2 most important requests and even though these are choices in the on line check in, I want the room assigner to know why these requests are important so if my room choices aren't available or if none of the rooms I listed have a murphy bed since we are a party of 5. I listed 4 additional rooms in the section that says "For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room:". Don't overdo it and make the explanation short and sweet so it doesn't overwhelm the room assigners. End with a special thank you.
5 days prior to your check in date, TP will fax your request and send you a confirmation :)

Just an FYI, the Touring Plans Room Finder tool is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room amenities, room views and room types. Especially for CBR. So much so that I have stopped using it and recommending it. I have had the opportunity to speak to a couple room assigners over the years. All 3 of them independently said that it helps them the most when guests describe what they are looking for in a room. Some examples:

Upper floor, corner room, Jamaica 45
Ground floor, Aruba, close to bus stop

They find it much easier to grant requests when they know what the guest wants instead of a room number or set of room numbers.

mbarber, dansdad was posting this at the same time I was typing.
I have only used TP for POP and I had great success but dansdad is an expert at CBR. I would follow his suggestions even if you use the TP fax service.

Thanks so much!!!!
On the TP room finder, when you find the room view that you like, up in the top right hand corner you will see where it says "Click here to make a request for this room during your upcoming trip". Click on the word "here" and it will take you back to your dashboard and you will see that they have captured your room choice and you will see a button that says "configure fax" click on that button and you will see 2 sections to fill out. The first one says "For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room:", here you will list other rooms that you like and then a section for "additional special requests". The first box, you can copy the information on the page that shows the picture of the room your chose (look for "To request this room, provide Disney with the following text" right under the picture) or you can list 3-4 more rooms that you like better, even in another village.
In the large box that says "additional special requests" You can add brief explanations of any special issues that you feel that the room assigner would need to know to be able to pick you the perfect room if one of your choices were available.
In my special requests, I have explained that I have a special request of a ground floor since my mom will be with us and she can't do stairs and it would be great to be close to a bus stop since she will be in a wheelchair to get around the resort and parks.
These are my 2 most important requests and even though these are choices in the on line check in, I want the room assigner to know why these requests are important so if my room choices aren't available or if none of the rooms I listed have a murphy bed since we are a party of 5. I listed 4 additional rooms in the section that says "For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room:". Don't overdo it and make the explanation short and sweet so it doesn't overwhelm the room assigners. End with a special thank you.
5 days prior to your check in date, TP will fax your request and send you a confirmation :)

Please add me to the list! It's been a while and it will be great to be back home! June 17 - June 24, 2017

Thanks,

Lisa

We are planning our next visit (Oct2017). We stayed at POP last year and got a preferred room which was great. This time we want something with more space so CBR it is. My husband wants a preferred room to be closer to the main pool. Any suggestions on what the best building would be to request so we are as close to the main pool as possible? Thanks

We are planning our next visit (Oct2017). We stayed at POP last year and got a preferred room which was great. This time we want something with more space so CBR it is. My husband wants a preferred room to be closer to the main pool. Any suggestions on what the best building would be to request so we are as close to the main pool as possible? Thanks

Trinidad North building 31 would be the very closest building to the main pool.

Anyone that has stayed recently, did you get towel animals and such? Read somewhere that they didn't do this anymore and my girls loved that last time we were at DW.

Anyone that has stayed recently, did you get towel animals and such? Read somewhere that they didn't do this anymore and my girls loved that last time we were at DW.

I believe the "towel animal" subject can be very touchy (don't ask me why -- I don't really get it), but I will report that I stayed at CBR in late October/early November last year (2015), and had a towel animal (bunny, rose, elephant, etc) pretty much every night when we got back to the room.

I asked earlier today to be added to the list of people staying. I just looked for the list and couldn't find it. Is there not a list anymore? Did I miss it? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter