Disney's California Adventure - food?

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
What are your favorites at DCA for snacks, QS and TS? Would you recommend any of the world of color packages?

We love the chile verde cones from the Cozy Cone!

We are not fans of the WOC dining packages BUT....the WOC dessert party on the other hand is AMAZING! A bit pricey but totally worth it for a VIP experience IMO.

For QS: Paradise Garden Grill for the Mediterranean skewers platter......so good!!
I agree that is among the best, but depending on when the OP goes, there may be an alternate menu. Right now, they are serving beer and beer food rather than the normal menu.

I also like the food at Smokejumper's Grill and Carthay Circle.

I have to eat gluten free and the teriyaki bowl at Lucky Fortune Cookery (QS) is such a treat! And the portion is HUGE! Def enough for two.

For TS, I really liked Wine Country Trattoria. BFF and I had a lovely dinner there once as we watched the Pixar parade pass by.

It's not even a trip to the DL resort unless I get a clam chowder bread bowl and Pacific Wharf Cafe. Good QS. As for snacks, we like to go to Clarabelle's and get a "Make-you-own" ice cream bar. For Table Service, I've tried two. Ariel's Grotto is great if you have girls who want to meet the princesses....and for those families who are as rich as an island dictator. That place is pricey! And then we tried Carthay's Circle. My dish was decent, but I was the only one in the family who liked it. The rest hated it. Haven't tried WC Trattoria. Maybe I need to.

I would have recommended Paradise Grill all day long but yeah, they've 'closed' it for other menus for quite a while now. :(

I like sitting at the Pacific Wharf and eating there. Really pretty. We like just grabbing a corn dog over by Goofy's. Also, the lobster nachos at the cove bar were AWESOME

It's not even a trip to the DL resort unless I get a clam chowder bread bowl and Pacific Wharf Cafe. Good QS.
I'll second this. It's the only Disney food tradition we have. When I talked to my SO about taking a break from DLR, the first thing she said was that we wouldn't have those bread bowls. The other food options in that little area are also really good. We used to like the churro bites at Cozy Cone, but the last couple times we went there it looked like they had changed the dipping sauce, which was kind of the whole point, so we skipped it.

We have not done table service in DCA but our favorites for counter service are Boardwalk(for pasta NOT pizza), and Flo's, though we think Flo's was much better when they had the turkey and roast dinners. We also enjoyed popping into Whitewater snacks thru the Grand Californian entrance for lunch. The nachos are pretty good there(ask for carnitas).

My favorite snack is the Oswald Sundae (Clarabelle's) and my favorite TS offering is the CB Lobster Nachos (Cove Bar).

Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta for the Five Cheese Ravioli with Pesto & Pine Nuts. So dang good!!! They have a delicious Field Greens salad there, too, with cranberries, pecans, golden raisins, blue cheese with a vinegrette...yum.

I love the chicken sandwich from Smokejumpers. With the aioli on the side to dip the fries in - delicious! I also agree with Paradise Garden Grill if they are doing their mediterranean menu.

We always make sure to eat at the Pacific Wharf Cafe. Soups and salads in delicious sourdough breadbowls!!

As far as WOC packages, I highly recommend the Dessert party! We did it last summer and definitely plan to do it again this summer. It was so nice to be able to sit and relax while we watched the show. We've also done the WCT dinner package and it was ok but you still have to get to the viewing area early to get a good spot and you have to stand. It was a decent viewing area but we got there pretty early to get a good spot.

I tend to like the food at DL a little better, but -- Salads at Pacific Wharf and Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta (and I'm not normally a big salad eater). I second the field greens salad. Haven't tried the ravioli mentioned above but that sounds yummy and will have to try it next time! Corn dog over by Goofy's. Just about anything at Cozy Cone, but I really like their frito pie-type dish/chile verde cone, and any of their weird popcorns. And it's not food, but while at Cozy Cone I absolutely must get a Red's Apple Freeze. Also the hand dipped raspberry sorbet bar with dark chocolate at Clarabelle's. I also like WCT, getting a table outside in the shade is nice. I can't remember what we got last time we were there, but all four of us liked our meals. I'm one of the few people who are not crazy about the lobster nachos at Cove Bar. Just not a fan of cheese with lobster. I'm a lobster purist. :)

I always like the half/half soft serve cones you can get either at the cozy cones or at the little ice cream stand by the cove bar. I'm not a fan of clam chowder, but i do love boudin sourdough bread with some butter. I'm lucky enough to not live very far from the original boudin in SF. My grandfather actually used to work there before he passed away a good number of years ago. I keep wanting to get the ice cream sundae in the "mickey pants kitchen sink" but still have yet to do it.

Other than that, i don't think i really look forward to anything special food wise at DCA.

I agree that is among the best, but depending on when the OP goes, there may be an alternate menu. Right now, they are serving beer and beer food rather than the normal menu.

I would have recommended Paradise Grill all day long but yeah, they've 'closed' it for other menus for quite a while now. :(

The DL site shows that the "beer" menu is until April 16 - hopefully they will change it back :)

Snack: Oswald Sundae at Clarabelle's! (You can get it either in the kitchen sink, and it's more like a meal, or you can get a smaller & cheaper version that just comes in a cup.)
QS: Paradise Grill, when it is either the regular menu or the Viva Navidad menu. Or bread bowls at Pacific Wharf. I also like the new menu at Award Weiners, if I'm in the mood for a hot dog.
TS: Carthay Circle wins by a mile! I didn't really like the cheddar "biscuits" (I know, blasphemy! But they're just fried cheese balls, same as any pizza joint!), but I have loved every other cocktail, appetizer, entree, and dessert that I have eaten there.

I didn't really like the cheddar "biscuits" (I know, blasphemy! But they're just fried cheese balls, same as any pizza joint!)
Really?? They were NOTHING like Fried Cheese when I had them. And the apricot jam they come with, sounds like a really weird combo, BUT OMG they just make it that much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter