Disney's BoardWalk Villas: Refurbishment and Construction Updates!

I remember walking past you both last week while you were eating.
Was dying to say hello but you were at a table in a corner and felt bad to disturb you. Now I realise you were filming there too.
That cake shop looks like a shell but at least the Boardwalk Deli construction stopped later that week and the lobby restrooms were open again on 1st Sep.
It’s not just there though, the work in Epcot means you feel like nothing looks perfect around there, even le Cellier had scaffolding around it. Can’t wait for this period of refurb to be complete.

Another great video. Love the honest reviews. Overall, we think there is no place on property that offers a must have deli sandwich. If we have a deli craving during vacation, we stop at Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie but we do not stop their most trips. The turkey club at Steakhouse 71 is a good choice but there is better selection on the menu for lunch in our view. Similar feeling on Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs. An ok, fast-food deli sandwich but there are better choices for lunch in our view. Our go is the Cuban Sandwich at Columbia Restaurant in Celebration for longer trips. We would love a New York Deli sandwich but sadly there is none that we are aware. Lots of claims but authentic sandwich requires quality ingredients.

Some day :wizard: BWV will have a decent CS option For guests.

We were there in July, again in a week. Saving grace re a quick bite is being able to walk to Epcot

I remember walking past you both last week while you were eating.
Was dying to say hello but you were at a table in a corner and felt bad to disturb you. Now I realise you were filming there too.
That cake shop looks like a shell but at least the Boardwalk Deli construction stopped later that week and the lobby restrooms were open again on 1st Sep.
It’s not just there though, the work in Epcot means you feel like nothing looks perfect around there, even le Cellier had scaffolding around it. Can’t wait for this period of refurb to be complete.
Awww - We love when people say hello. Sorry we missed you!

Just looked at BWV renovated studio room pics on another site and I'm terribly disappointed. I'm obviously in the minority from reading the posts but it couldn't be blah-er in my estimation. My beloved bubble mirror is gone and there's a pop up table with 2 padded stools. Stools?!! Wow. I'm in good shape but I'm old and stools are not my favorite chair to sit on and eat around a tiny pop up table. (again, this is my opinion). We stay at BWV often even though I own at BCV/Poly. I just booked 2 rooms in May and know we will go but a little bummed. Glad DH & I are at BCV in January.

In October we (adult daughter & myself - 2 rooms) stayed at BCV for 2 nights because we couldn't get all our days at BWV and the renovated BCV room we got was absolutely lovely. Peaceful and pretty and (we thought) upscale looking. My daughter (who absolutely loves BWV over any other resort) was shocked how nice looking it was. She is going to be really surprised, not in a good way, when she walks into a new BWV room. Blah.

I know others will love it so thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now. :)

Just looked at BWV renovated studio room pics on another site and I'm terribly disappointed. I'm obviously in the minority from reading the posts but it couldn't be blah-er in my estimation. My beloved bubble mirror is gone and there's a pop up table with 2 padded stools. Stools?!! Wow. I'm in good shape but I'm old and stools are not my favorite chair to sit on and eat around a tiny pop up table. (again, this is my opinion). We stay at BWV often even though I own at BCV/Poly. I just booked 2 rooms in May and know we will go but a little bummed. Glad DH & I are at BCV in January.

In October we (adult daughter & myself - 2 rooms) stayed at BCV for 2 nights because we couldn't get all our days at BWV and the renovated BCV room we got was absolutely lovely. Peaceful and pretty and (we thought) upscale looking. My daughter (who absolutely loves BWV over any other resort) was shocked how nice looking it was. She is going to be really surprised, not in a good way, when she walks into a new BWV room. Blah.

I know others will love it so thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now. :)
I completely agree with you 1,000% :sad2: I was so looking forward to the BWV renovations and feel extremely disappointed with the new look :sad1: Those backless, low-to-the-ground stools are absolutely ridiculous, absurd and useless :headache: No table or real chairs, no good storage, bland/boring colorless walls and no more ceiling fans >:( The Boardwalk Inn side at least has light yellow walls, several lovely Boardwalk themed pictures, a beautiful feature of blue tiles in the tub surround, a cool hidden Mickey light, a comfortable real chair and special hanging hooks for the 3 cute vintage character pictures. The DVC side has the exact same 3 vintage character pictures but they are just thrown up on the wall!

I for one love the new refurb much more than the dated old rooms and they look much, much more like a room in Disney World as opposed to a generic hotel room that could be practically anywhere in the country. I will take a bunch of beautiful Disney artwork over, um, light blue walls and red pillows.

I see both sides. The artwork in the refurbishment is better since it's location specific, i.e. showing the characters on the Boardwalk and has some actual Disney feel to it, whereas the photos before were generic amusement park, not bad but not "Disney".

Other than artwork though, I agree, the rooms are bland and as a BWV owner I am disappointed, although not surprised. I thought maybe with BRV that DVC had started to listen, since those rooms still have some amount of charm to them post refurb, but I was wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter