Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Almost had heart palpitations thinking they were closing Boardwalk Joe's or something...phew. Don't mess with my
Captain's Seaside Sensation (dole whip with rum)!. This is always my first stop on my Boardwalk trips.
Our first trip to The Boardwalk is in May and i didn't know this margarita stand existed until recently. I am so excited! and now you tell me there is an alcoholic dole whip?!?! Can't wait!

Disney Vacation Club Meet & Treat Disney's BoardWalk

In celebration of Valentine’s Day, join us for a sweet gathering inside the Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk on select days in February. Eligible Members staying at Walt Disney World Resort can enjoy a treat and pose for photos with Disney Characters at this Disney Vacation Club event—presented as part of Membership Magic.

Event Dates
  • Tuesday, February 13, 2024
  • Wednesday, February 14, 2024
  • Tuesday, February 20, 2024
  • Wednesday, February 21, 2024
In order to allow as many Members as possible to enjoy this event, only one event date will be available per Membership.

Event Hours
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Eastern Time

Eligibility
Disney Vacation Club Members who are eligible for Membership Extras benefits may attend this event. Members must also have a qualifying reservation at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida or at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort on an event date.

Party Size Limit
A Member can attend and bring up to the number of Guests on their Resort reservation.

Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s BoardWalk at Walt Disney World Resort

Parking
There is no Resort parking for this event. Members are strongly encouraged to use Walt Disney World Resort transportation.
Other Important Information

• Event registration is not required.
  • A valid Disney Vacation Club Digital Membership Card and photo ID are required at check-in. The Member listed on the Digital Membership Card must be in attendance.
  • Your Digital Membership Card should be added to the digital wallet of your mobile device before arrival, as using the temporary card will not expedite the check-in process.
  • Admission is subject to capacity limits. Once the event reaches capacity, arriving Members and their Guests may be able to wait in line at the entrance, and can be admitted when event attendees exit the venue. However, the line may be closed before 4:00 PM, depending on the number of Members and Guests waiting to be admitted.
  • Attendees younger than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • Event dates are subject to change or cancellation.
  • Treat options and experiences are subject to change.
  • This offer is nontransferable and cannot be sold.

We just returned from a great stay at BWI. Love the newly renovated room, but why is there no desk? Does anyone know if they will be adding a desk or at least a coffee table or ottoman?
Also, we wondered why there wasn’t a refillable mug station inside the hotel. We thought it would make sense to have one just outside of Carousel Coffee or by the Belle Vue Lounge. Any insight into why they didn’t add one?

we wondered why there wasn’t a refillable mug station inside the hotel. We thought it would make sense to have one just outside of Carousel Coffee or by the Belle Vue Lounge. Any insight into why they didn’t add one?
At this point I believe (my opinion) the management at Boardwalk simply has no desire to make refilling mugs convenient. They've had plenty of opportunity to add a self serve station inside Boardwalk over the years. They certainly had opportunity when they added the new coffee shop. They just don't want it! I sincerely don't think this will ever change, or it would have by now.

Hello everyone, just a few questions:

1. I am planning to rent points to get a BWV studio boardwalk view for Feb 2025. I saw that there are 5 floors of studios with Boardwalk view across 3 buildings. If we are talking about the best view possible, which building should I choose? Also, I noticed the first floor is likely the least desired choice since you won't have the panoramic views of higher floors. how hard would it be to get a higher floor?

2. Should I ask the seller to make the request for higher floor and specific building right at booking (11 month mark) or that can be done anytime prior to check in? I am not sure if they really honor the requests and if they do, if they are honored in order of date of request or not

3. If anyone has stayed on any specific boardwalk view studios that you really liked, please let me know the room number so I can be more specific on my request.

Thank you!

1. I am planning to rent points to get a BWV studio boardwalk view for Feb 2025. I saw that there are 5 floors of studios with Boardwalk view across 3 buildings. If we are talking about the best view possible, which building should I choose? Also, I noticed the first floor is likely the least desired choice since you won't have the panoramic views of higher floors. how hard would it be to get a higher floor?

2. Should I ask the seller to make the request for higher floor and specific building right at booking (11 month mark) or that can be done anytime prior to check in? I am not sure if they really honor the requests and if they do, if they are honored in order of date of request or not

3. If anyone has stayed on any specific boardwalk view studios that you really liked, please let me know the room number so I can be more specific on my request.

Thank you!
The Boardwalk view studios are all in one building. You may be looking at boardwalk view rooms over on the inn side. Those are not DVC studios. I do agree that the first floor is not desirable. I would not recommend putting in a specific room number for your request because if it’s unavailable they will just move on and put you wherever not knowing why exactly you were going for that room. The date of request doesn’t matter as long as the request is in before the room assigner assigns rooms. When we book boardwalk view we request highest floor available and I’ve been lucky enough not to be placed on the first floor.

The Boardwalk view studios are all in one building. You may be looking at boardwalk view rooms over on the inn side. Those are not DVC studios. I do agree that the first floor is not desirable. I would not recommend putting in a specific room number for your request because if it’s unavailable they will just move on and put you wherever not knowing why exactly you were going for that room. The date of request doesn’t matter as long as the request is in before the room assigner assigns rooms. When we book boardwalk view we request highest floor available and I’ve been lucky enough not to be placed on the first floor.

Can you let me know which building is dedicated to the dvc? Or the range of room number? I want to check online the views from those rooms

Thanks!

Thank you!
Best laid plans often meet the reality of high demand, especially when it comes to securing that coveted boardwalk view at BWV. These views are typically booked right when the booking window opens, so getting your preferred view requires some foresight and planning. It would be wise to either arrange with a member ahead of time to try for your reservation or look for a confirmed reservation for rent later. Regarding room requests, if you're lucky enough to secure a boardwalk view, aiming for a higher floor is a great idea to maximize your experience. However, if you end up with a Garden/Pool view, requesting a room close to the elevator can save you from long walks. Best of luck, and hope to see you at BWV!

Thank you!
I think PPs have already mentioned this, but just to be clear:

BWV boardwalk view studios can be hard to get. If you plan to rent through an agency at the 11 month mark, an agency won't necessarily have a DVC Owner lined up who has BWV as their home resort and who has enough points to cover the stay you want. Those rooms, for your dates, could be gone before an agency has an Owner lined up.

From an Owner's point of view: if I had BWV points to rent out through an agency, I would get paid the same for making a resie with those points anywhere from 7 to 11 months out. I probably wouldn't agree to book your resie. Why bother with the stress of being online at the exact time resies open on the day of the 11 month mark to make your resie, when I could use my points to book an easier-to-get resie for someone else, in a more relaxed manner, and make the same amount of money? BWV is popular; I would be confident that there would be somebody else who wanted a resie if I turned down yours.

If you are planning to rent from someone you know, or someone here on the DIS, or you plan to rent a confirmed reservation (somebody already booked it and now wants to find someone to use it): Never mind.

I think PPs have already mentioned this, but just to be clear:

BWV boardwalk view studios can be hard to get. If you plan to rent through an agency at the 11 month mark, an agency won't necessarily have a DVC Owner lined up who has BWV as their home resort and who has enough points to cover the stay you want. Those rooms, for your dates, could be gone before an agency has an Owner lined up.

From an Owner's point of view: if I had BWV points to rent out through an agency, I would get paid the same for making a resie with those points anywhere from 7 to 11 months out. I probably wouldn't agree to book your resie. Why bother with the stress of being online at the exact time resies open on the day of the 11 month mark to make your resie, when I could use my points to book an easier-to-get resie for someone else, in a more relaxed manner, and make the same amount of money? BWV is popular; I would be confident that there would be somebody else who wanted a resie if I turned down yours.

If you are planning to rent from someone you know, or someone here on the DIS, or you plan to rent a confirmed reservation (somebody already booked it and now wants to find someone to use it): Never mind.
I am renting from a seller here at DIS, always have 😀. Thanks

Do BWI busses stop at any other resorts before going to the park? I'm just wondering how early we need to be at the bus stop for a 7:30 Early Entry hours at AK. We are not going to FOP, going to do Navi, so don't need to be at the front of the line.

Do BWI busses stop at any other resorts before going to the park? I'm just wondering how early we need to be at the bus stop for a 7:30 Early Entry hours at AK. We are not going to FOP, going to do Navi, so don't need to be at the front of the line.
They might stop at Beach Club/YC and that is it. I remember when going from BW to the parks, we did not stop at BC/YC once, but when we were going back from park to BW, they stopped at BC/YC

At busy times like park opening, the BW buses usually don’t share, but during the day when not so many guests are traveling they may share with Yacht & Beach, as above.

In any case, transportation from resorts to parks begins running approximately one hour before stated ETPE opening time, and it’s suggested you be at the bus stop 30 minutes prior, i.e. 90 minutes before early opening time, if you want to be on the first bus.

I was lucky to snag a ressie for May. Laundry rooms look limited. Do they have a large amount of washer and dryers in them? What's the going rate for a washer or dryer? Thanks.

Can anyone comment on how construction is affecting both villa side pools?
Are the landscaping and walkways to these pools torn up?
Is there a a lot of construction noise during the day?
I know there is a quiet pool on the inn side, which is an option.
I’m asking because the stay I have coming up in April on the inn side is going to be a resort / Pool vacation, with a visit to flower and garden for a day or two.
If there is a lot of construction noise and activity around the villa side pools, with torn up areas I may have to go to plan B. Always have a plan B!
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter