Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We had a rental car and on the weekend it was impossible to get a spot and we had no choice but to valet 3 nights out of a 9 night trip.
And people wonder why we ask them not to park at BW for breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and leave their car there all day while they visit Epcot and DHS. Obviously parking restrictions weren’t being enforced that weekend.

This is the VILLA side. Checking out tomorrow. If anyone has a question, let me know. Someone asked earlier - coffee pot is a combo, can do regular pot or K cup. Sadly, (so far?) just plastic and paper utensils except for a wine opener. No real cups, glasses, or plates.

015DBAAE-069C-4813-84AC-F8FE027C7A0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Again - VILLA side - Hey, Disney (Alexa) is here too. USB plugs under the TV and on both sides of the bed. Edit: when plug for Hey Disney moved down - there are more plugs!

image.jpge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

I booked a Boardwalk Villas, Studio-Preferred View through David's Vacation Club for our upcoming stay... in two days. The email indicated: The DVC Owner had reached out to us to let us know that DVC had contacted them to move your reservation over to the Boardwalk, Deluxe Studio instead as they are starting to renovate the Preferred view for the Villas. What this means is that you would be still in the Deluxe Studio with the same bedding layout and accommodations but instead of a view of the pool or the garden, it may be a view of the parking lot or loading Bay.

It sounds like Disney will be compensating us with a $50 gift card each night. Questions:
--Is this routine/normal or should I ask for more? It seems like what I paid for the preferred view is likely in excess of $50/night, but of course it was booked through a third party.
--Have the studios they are moving me to been renovated, or has that not yet taken place?
--Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I booked a Boardwalk Villas, Studio-Preferred View through David's Vacation Club for our upcoming stay... in two days. The email indicated: The DVC Owner had reached out to us to let us know that DVC had contacted them to move your reservation over to the Boardwalk, Deluxe Studio instead as they are starting to renovate the Preferred view for the Villas. What this means is that you would be still in the Deluxe Studio with the same bedding layout and accommodations but instead of a view of the pool or the garden, it may be a view of the parking lot or loading Bay.

It sounds like Disney will be compensating us with a $50 gift card each night. Questions:
--Is this routine/normal or should I ask for more? It seems like what I paid for the preferred view is likely in excess of $50/night, but of course it was booked through a third party.
--Have the studios they are moving me to been renovated, or has that not yet taken place?
--Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
There was a post earlier this month that this happened to another DVC reservation. DVC contacted them days before their stay to say they had to move them.

Sounds like with the refurbishments at BWV behind schedule, they're moving around some DVC reservations. I think the other example was someone who got moved to a regular room at Yacht Club 😬

Have there been any news on if they are going to close the Community Hall at BWV with the renovations going on there? We're going in April and the Community Hall will for sure be my son's favorite on site activity so I'm hoping it'll stay open during renovations.

Have there been any news on if they are going to close the Community Hall at BWV with the renovations going on there? We're going in April and the Community Hall will for sure be my son's favorite on site activity so I'm hoping it'll stay open during renovations.
SAME!!! My kids would be pretty sad if it was closed. We arrive May 4th.

If you are at the Beach Club Marketplace:
(a) There are some tables directly across from it.
(b) If you walk down that row of tables, you will get to the room called the Solarium. There are more tables in there.
(c) If you want to eat outside, there also is a door across from the Marketplace. If you go outside, there are tables out there.

This is where we often find ourselves for Breakfast during a stay at BW. We love Beach Club Marketplace.

SAME!!! My kids would be pretty sad if it was closed. We arrive May 4th.
I’ve been following BWV refurb news pretty closely, and I haven’t seen any mention of Community Hall in anything from DVC or on these forums, so hopefully they’re just working on the villas and won’t affect use of Community Hall.

What's the status of the laundry room on the villas side? Last Feb only one washer and one dryer was working. When I tried the Inn side it was closed completely which I assume isn't the case by now.

I had the pleasure of staying at BWV a few weeks ago and used the laundry facilities. There were certainly more dryers but 3 washers were in working order. Unfortunately, the soap vending was not working well. Be careful though... Boxes for soap and fabric softener look the same so you have to try to read through the glass. Cheers and enjoy your stay!

We used once upon a nanny 2 times during our visit the first week of December and she took them to community hall and everything was open

second day of our trip the Hey Disney device popped up in my room. Which my 11 year was obsessed with so good job on disneys side lol no matter how many times I told her she has an alexa at home its pretty much the same thing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter