Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I'm not sure which rental company you used that was not willing to ask the Owner to put in a room request for you.

Two of the biggest rental companies require Owners to put in room requests:

From the sample Intermediary Agreement in the DVC Owner's section of David's website:
The DVC Owner agrees to be responsible for:
5. Processing all reserved guests' requests for optional add-ons and for specific room requests with Disney Vacation Club and/or Walt Disney Company ("Disney").
https://dvcrequest.com/dvc-owners/sample-intermediary-agreement

From the sample Intermediary Agreement in the Members Section of the DVC Rental Store website:
6. DVC Member agrees that upon receipt of requests or direction from The
DVC Rental Store, DVC Member shall:
d. Promptly facilitate directives from The DVC Rental Store on behalf
of the Guest including but not limited to, the addition to a
reservation of Disney Dining Plan purchases (in which event funds
to make the purchase shall be provided from The DVC Rental Store
to the DVC Member), Magical Express reservations, view location
requests, and Guest modifications (such as name corrections).
Guest is permitted to make requests for preferences or changes
such as: adding and registering additional Guests (if the
accommodation occupancy allows for it) or other location
preferences (with each such addition, request or change defined as
a “Directive”), A single Directive can have more than one allowable
request, change or addition.
https://dvcrentalstore.com/wp-content/uploads/DVC_Rental_Store_Intermediary_Agreement.pdf

I know The Timeshare Store (www.DVCStore.com) does rentals but they don't have a lot of info on their website.

I don't know what other companies are doing rentals these days.

If you pay for a subscription at TouringPlans.com, I believe you can put in a room request even if you are just renting and are not the Owner. But I've never tried it myself.
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/room-finder
As for the last part...I have done this with some success...the room I got was next to the room I requested with TP.. never this close to the start of a trip however.

I'm a little late to the game here, I tried sorting through all of the info on this thread but things seem to change so quickly.

I have a studio - preferred view booked for the first week of February. I really don't care about the view as much as construction noise impacting our sleep. For those dates, are there preferred view studios that would be in the "loud zone" that I should do my best to steer away from?

We are booked for BWI for February 2024. What do you all recommend for quick service (since there’s no food court)? Thank you all!

We are booked for BWI for February 2024. What do you all recommend for quick service (since there’s no food court)? Thank you all!
If you want the basics (sandwiches, pizza, etc) Boardwalk Deli and the pool (flatbreads, hot dogs) are ok. The Pizza Window is also nearby. Breakfast is pretty much sandwiches at the deli and if you want QS breakfast Beach Club Marketplace has your mickey waffles, eggs, bacon, etc.
There may be some offerings in the Swan and Dolphin but haven't been.
We also took the skyliner to Riviera a few times as their Quick Service was outstanding (primo piatto?)
Otherwise now that park hopping will be unlimited when you are there go into Epcot every day and go nuts in the World Showcase (if you are going to the parks of course). France is perfect for breakfast (crepes, etc).

If you want the basics (sandwiches, pizza, etc) Boardwalk Deli and the pool (flatbreads, hot dogs) are ok. The Pizza Window is also nearby. Breakfast is pretty much sandwiches at the deli and if you want QS breakfast Beach Club Marketplace has your mickey waffles, eggs, bacon, etc.
There may be some offerings in the Swan and Dolphin but haven't been.
We also took the skyliner to Riviera a few times as their Quick Service was outstanding (primo piatto?)
Otherwise now that park hopping will be unlimited when you are there go into Epcot every day and go nuts in the World Showcase (if you are going to the parks of course). France is perfect for breakfast (crepes, etc).

Thank you! Are there seats in the Beach Club Market Place? Happy Holidays 😀

Right back at you! I saw some (limited) seating outside the Marketplace and there may have been more outside. We usually Mobile Ordered and went back to the Boardwalk (it's a little walk but gets you going in the AM). Saw these online so it looks like my memory didn't fail me:
1701967715907.png1701967784943.png

Right back at you! I saw some (limited) seating outside the Marketplace and there may have been more outside. We usually Mobile Ordered and went back to the Boardwalk (it's a little walk but gets you going in the AM). Saw these online so it looks like my memory didn't fail me:
View attachment 816142View attachment 816143
There is seating across from the ‘food court’ at BC I believe they call it the Solarium

If you are at the Beach Club Marketplace:
(a) There are some tables directly across from it.
(b) If you walk down that row of tables, you will get to the room called the Solarium. There are more tables in there.
(c) If you want to eat outside, there also is a door across from the Marketplace. If you go outside, there are tables out there.

If anybody is there now, can you post the December activity schedule? I know there's one in the Sticky, but it's too blurry for me to read.

Thank you!!!

Question: what is "The Lobby Terrace"? I've stayed at BWV many times but have no idea what location they're talking about. Is it the porch facing the water at the top of the big stairs which go down to the Boardwalk?
I assumed the same, and did a quick search before I answered! Yes it appears like it’s on the balcony overlooking the Village Green.

IMG_9114.jpeg
Picture found Here.

Last edited:

The Cake Bake Shop Begins Installing Duct Work, Concrete Refurbishment at Jellyrolls & More Construction at Disney’s BoardWalk

Concrete work at Disney’s Boardwalk is making progress outside of Thimbles & Threads, with crews spotted working behind the rolling planters during a recent visit.

Boardwalk construction IMG 6581

Inside of Thimbles & Threads, guests were met with a sign asking to pardon the pixie dust and to use a different exit.

Boardwalk construction IMG 6521

Next to Thimbles & Threads, crew members were working on the foundation.

Boardwalk construction IMG 6523

A pile of stacked bricks can be seen behind the rolling planters.

Boardwalk construction IMG 6522

Plastic sheeting was put up on the building as the work was done.

Jellyrolls

Boardwalk construction IMG 7120

Rolling planters surround the exterior of Jellyrolls.

Boardwalk construction IMG 7124 1

We saw crew members working on the entrance to the dueling piano bar. It has remained open during the construction.

Boardwalk construction IMG 0685 1 1

When we visited again later in the same week, we saw that the rolling planters had been moved.

Boardwalk construction IMG 0686 2

Despite the concrete getting some TL, we spotted quite a bit of chipped paint that could use a touch-up.

Boardwalk construction IMG 0687 1

Disney’s BoardWalk Villas

Boardwalk construction IMG 0681 1

During our recent visits, we also saw crews working inside one of the buildings for Disney’s BoardWalk Villas.

Boardwalk construction IMG 0683 1

Boardwalk construction IMG 0684 1

While we were there, the entirety of the BoardWalk smelled of construction dust and paint — not ideal for dining al fresco.

The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers

IMG 7147

Construction on The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers has made progress since we last visited. The BoardWalk’s new dining location will replace the former ESPN Club, which closed in 2022.

IMG 0669

Window boxes are taking shape and more tin has been added to the roofing.

IMG 7145

IMG 6424

IMG 6446

Some wiring is visible along the roofline.

IMG 0673

Upon closer look inside the framework of the building, you can see air ducts have been installed.

We just got back from the Inn side. There was no real visible construction that impacted our stay. I could see they were working on the dvc side. The laundry room was an absolute mess and needs to be addressed ceiling was leaking. The cast members on staff were seriously all wonderful and all had the disney touch. There was huge gap under our door where they light came in at night that was very annoying we put the decorative pillows in front of it to keep the light out. My biggest complaint however was parking. We had a rental car and on the weekend it was impossible to get a spot and we had no choice but to valet 3 nights out of a 9 night trip. I have no problem paying for valet if its my decision to do so but I have a problem when I am spending 500 a night and there is not dedicated spots for guests staying on site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter