Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just booked a Boardwalk Inn stay for April for 9 nights. It's our first time at an Epcot resort so super excited! We loved the Grand Californian so much at DL that we decided to give a WDW deluxe resort a try. My son has celiac so hoping to give the gluten free pizza a try that I heard about from the pizza window.

I booked a 1-bedroom villa (garden or pool view) week of Presidents’ Day (Feb 18-24). We’ve stayed at a family suite in Art of Animation twice before. This’ll be our first time at BWV, really excited about the location and the deluxe resort. Anything I should make sure to take advantage of?

Does anyone know what to expect for refurbishment schedule? I saw a post earlier that they weren’t booking rooms that would be refurbishing in the next few months. So I assume since I was able to book mine (back in Sept) that they’re not doing these rooms before February.

Planters Surround Future Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs Location at Disney’s BoardWalk

The rolling planters surrounding the kiosk indicate there will finally be some progress and the location may open soon. Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs said in July that they would open “later this year.”

View attachment 811085
Following up:

Opening of Blue Ribbon Corn Dog at Disney’s BoardWalk Pushed Back to 2024

The opening of the new Blue Ribbon Corn Dog location on Disney’s BoardWalk has been pushed back to 2024. The official DisneyEats Instagram account announced the future food kiosk’s broad new “2024” opening window in an Instagram post on November 29, also sharing some of the items that will be available exclusively at the location when it ultimately opens next year.

Hot diggity (corn) dog! Have you heard the news? Blue Ribbon Corn Dog is heading to Walt Disney World Resort at Disney’s BoardWalk in 2024. This new location will have some favorites from Disneyland Resort as well as some brand-new ones exclusive to Disney’s BoardWalk. Get your sneak peek!

– Mexican Street Corn Dog
– Pickle Dog
– Lemonade and Strawberry Lemonade (Non-alcoholic beverages)
-Fresh Spun Cotton Candy

Random question we check in tomorrow I would be willing to pay for this I was wondering if available to move to a one bedroom villa dvc side right now on the in side but would love the extra space and would be fine with paying the diffeeence is this something anyone has ever asked for before or is it not even worth asking

Random question we check in tomorrow I would be willing to pay for this I was wondering if available to move to a one bedroom villa dvc side right now on the in side but would love the extra space and would be fine with paying the diffeeence is this something anyone has ever asked for before or is it not even worth asking
Never hurts to ask, but given the ongoing refurbishment and it being the first 2 weeks of December, I doubt you would find availability. They're moving DVC reservations to the Inn side because the refurb is running behind schedule.

Never hurts to ask, but given the ongoing refurbishment and it being the first 2 weeks of December, I doubt you would find availability. They're moving DVC reservations to the Inn side because the refurb is running behind schedule.
They’re doing what now? How’s that work? I booked a 1BR villa in a package with dollars (not through DVC). The inn side doesn’t have the same type of rooms, right?

They’re doing what now? How’s that work? I booked a 1BR villa in a package with dollars (not through DVC). The inn side doesn’t have the same type of rooms, right?
People have posted that they received a call from Disney informing them their room wasn't available and they were being move to the Inn side. If you haven't received the call don't worry.......yet.:rotfl2:

One poster is talking about asking for an upgrade. (But offered to pay.)
Another is talking about dvc/time share reservation issues due to a refurb.
If you booked and paid cash for your reservation (not dvc or renting points) theoretically your room should be reserved.

Following up:

Opening of Blue Ribbon Corn Dog at Disney’s BoardWalk Pushed Back to 2024

The opening of the new Blue Ribbon Corn Dog location on Disney’s BoardWalk has been pushed back to 2024. The official DisneyEats Instagram account announced the future food kiosk’s broad new “2024” opening window in an Instagram post on November 29, also sharing some of the items that will be available exclusively at the location when it ultimately opens next year.

Hot diggity (corn) dog! Have you heard the news? Blue Ribbon Corn Dog is heading to Walt Disney World Resort at Disney’s BoardWalk in 2024. This new location will have some favorites from Disneyland Resort as well as some brand-new ones exclusive to Disney’s BoardWalk. Get your sneak peek!

– Mexican Street Corn Dog
– Pickle Dog
– Lemonade and Strawberry Lemonade (Non-alcoholic beverages)
-Fresh Spun Cotton Candy
I would say no construction is moving very quickly. NO activity at the corn dog building and the cake place is moving along at a snails pace:)

Attachments

• IMG_1280.jpeg
    IMG_1280.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1279.jpeg
    IMG_1279.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 18
Quick question:

When I stayed at BWV this Feb (I rented DVC points), there was no free parking.

It seems they changed that recently, correct?
If I rent DVC points again and stay at the Villa, will I be able to park for free? What about parking at the Theme parks? free as well?
I might rent a car for a week if parking is free, might be cheaper than arranging transportation to and from airport and I can go to universal as well for a day

Thanks

Quick question:

When I stayed at BWV this Feb (I rented DVC points), there was no free parking.

It seems they changed that recently, correct?
If I rent DVC points again and stay at the Villa, will I be able to park for free? What about parking at the Theme parks? free as well?
I might rent a car for a week if parking is free, might be cheaper than arranging transportation to and from airport and I can go to universal as well for a day

Thanks
I thought parking was always supposed to be free for DVC point stays, whether the pointer are yours or rented.

EDIT: They did away with paid parking, so it doesn’t matter now. Hotel guests have always had free parking at the parks.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii just a few questions - we are booked for Marathon Weekend in a Garden Suite - Club Level. Has anyone stayed in these before? Will the club lounge reach out themselves with a pre-arrival email? If so, around what time before our stay?

Is it worth it to request a particular garden suite over another?

Also... think they will be able to help us out with any dining reservations for the most desired dinners? We have Ohana at 4 after the marathon but would love to even get it pushed to 5 (but not going to be upset if not possible!)...

Excited! Have only stayed in a BWV/DVC studio :)

Also, tell me more about the club-level brunch on Sunday? Is it really the sh*t or was it just like any other day?

I thought parking was always supposed to be free for DVC point stays, whether the pointer are yours or rented.

EDIT: They did away with paid parking, so it doesn’t matter now. Hotel guests have always had free parking at the parks.
I remember it has been always free, then they got rid of free parking for DVC. Hell broke lose, then they went back and decided to reinstitute the free parking. There was my question, so I guess I am good!

ah, sorry then. So either way, currently if I rent DVC points parking is free, correct ? thank you!
Yes, all WDW resort parking is free now (except valet upgrade). Any stay also gets free parking at the theme parks.

DVC at WDW has never had to pay parking - it is part of the dues they pay therefore cannot be charged separately.

Resort parking fee was only around for a couple years. Did not go over well and I think internally was more headache than it was worth.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii just a few questions - we are booked for Marathon Weekend in a Garden Suite - Club Level. Has anyone stayed in these before? Will the club lounge reach out themselves with a pre-arrival email? If so, around what time before our stay?

Is it worth it to request a particular garden suite over another?

Also... think they will be able to help us out with any dining reservations for the most desired dinners? We have Ohana at 4 after the marathon but would love to even get it pushed to 5 (but not going to be upset if not possible!)...

Excited! Have only stayed in a BWV/DVC studio :)

Also, tell me more about the club-level brunch on Sunday? Is it really the sh*t or was it just like any other day?
Contact is hit or miss, but you should get a call about a week before your stay.

CL CMs have access to the same reservation pool that everyone else has, so they will not be able to move a reservation unless the availability is visible on the dining site. You would do better to stalk yourself.

Are you talking about the Garden Cottages? I don’t particularly think one is better than any other, but since you have to walk outside and then back in and up an elevator to access the CL, it might be nicer to have one closer to the door.

I haven’t done brunch in a while - we usually arrive on a Sunday morning and head straight to a park, but I don’t think they serve Mickey waffles anymore 😢. Hope someone else chimes in with the other options.

Edit: I just realized this is on the BW forum. You might try asking on the CL one in order to get more feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter