Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does anyone do special door or window decorations? Any fun things like that I should plan for or know about for our upcoming trip? Previous stays at Pop we decorated the window.
I didn’t really see any doors decorated when we stayed

Does anyone do special door or window decorations? Any fun things like that I should plan for or know about for our upcoming trip? Previous stays at Pop we decorated the window.
I’ve never seen anyone decorate a door or window at Boardwalk. We usually go in December and housekeeping had a room door open and I saw they had a small Christmas tree in their room but that is the only decoration I have ever seen.

Deluxe resorts generally frown upon decorations that can be viewed from the outside. I did notice door decorations that went up one morning when we were at WL. When we came back from the parks, they were gone. I don’t know if that was because someone told them to remove them from the outside of the door or if the family checked out and only had the decorations up for a few hours. I have seen doors decorated a few times on the DVC side of Boardwalk - although, I don’t know if the DVC side has different rules than the inn side.

Funny , Poly often has the doors decorated cl. I admit very creative ones too. However I don’t really see them often at deluxe other than a bday, honeymoon or birthday.

Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk Reportedly Not Opening in 2023

The Cake Bake Shop is taking over the former ESPN Club space and remains in the midst of construction. The 2023 opening timeframe has been removed from the official Cake Bake Shop website. A new timeframe was not announced, the shop is just “coming soon.”
We are here now and just had this conversation. No way is that building at a point that it will open this year. It’s a metal frame

Hi
For anyone at BWI now, could you please tell me if exterior and balcony painting is still being done on the inn rooms ?
I understand that there is work happening everywhere, but am curious about how this exterior painting impacts guests staying in rooms where this work is going on. We were in the villas side in June ( trip cut short due to serious illness and a stay in Celebration Hospital), and then in August we were at WL ( for a re do of June), and visited Boardwalk a bit before dinner at Trattoria, but didn’t see any work being done on inner area on the Inn side .
Our visit isn’t until the last week of October, but we utilize the balconies and tend to spend a lot of time at resort.
Appreciate any info!

Hi
For anyone at BWI now, could you please tell me if exterior and balcony painting is still being done on the inn rooms ?
I understand that there is work happening everywhere, but am curious about how this exterior painting impacts guests staying in rooms where this work is going on. We were in the villas side in June ( trip cut short due to serious illness and a stay in Celebration Hospital), and then in August we were at WL ( for a re do of June), and visited Boardwalk a bit before dinner at Trattoria, but didn’t see any work being done on inner area on the Inn side .
Our visit isn’t until the last week of October, but we utilize the balconies and tend to spend a lot of time at resort.
Appreciate any info!
Departing right now. Lot of exterior work but no painting on the balconies. Mostly all landscape and outdoor hard scape work

Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk Reportedly Not Opening in 2023

The Cake Bake Shop is taking over the former ESPN Club space and remains in the midst of construction. The 2023 opening timeframe has been removed from the official Cake Bake Shop website. A new timeframe was not announced, the shop is just “coming soon.”
Thanks @mrsap for sharing this info..I'm definitely disappointed..but not surprised given that the structure is still a shell..
I did inquire about the desks in the rooms today. There are not any on order. However, they have told me there are some old ones on hand and if you need one to ask
@Mrs.AMC ..thanks for double checking...that is just as I was told and just as I posted on the CL thread..glad that my information was indeed correct...I was also told about the old desks but seemed that was just a temporary thing..

Speaking of desks...I have a friend who is at the Innkeepers Club now..and she said the check in desk is back in the CL check in area! And all I can say is thank goodness!! The check in area and process was just so awkward with out it...

Last edited:
Thanks @mrsap for sharing this info..I'm definitely disappointed..but not surprised given that the structure is still a shell..

@Mrs.AMC ..thanks for double checking...that is just as I was told and just as I posted on the CL thread..glad that my information was indeed correct...I was also told about the old desks but seemed that was just a temporary thing..

Speaking of desks...I have a friend who is at the Innkeepers Club now..and she said the check in desk is back in the CL check in area! And all I can say is thank goodness!! The check in area and process was just so awkward with out it...
I guess they can go away but Lene did say they’d have the loaner desks but didn’t say they were temporary. They may run out though

there are desks in the 2 bedroom suite. And a dining table in the 2 bedroom. I am not sure about the cottages. I was supposed to be in that but they updated us to the 2 bedroom

I guess they can go away but Lene did say they’d have the loaner desks but didn’t say they were temporary. They may run out though

there are desks in the 2 bedroom suite. And a dining table in the 2 bedroom. I am not sure about the cottages. I was supposed to be in that but they updated us to the 2 bedroom
I believe these old extra desks are not going to be a standard offering..and I do believe..as I said..that they are temporary...ymmv...also many managers at the BW are a wonderful source of information...
Congrats on the room upgrade!! ..we've stayed in the 2 bedrooms at the BW..so are aware of the furnishings...but the original discussion was about the lack of a table or even a desk in the standard and deluxe rooms ..and many of us do wish there had been a table of some sort included in the renovation...I thought maybe they removed them because it wasn't so important to many people..but based on the replies on the CL thread where this discussion started alot of people really do care about having a table! I hope they'll bring them back eventually...maybe next reno!! Lol...

Last edited:
I believe these old extra desks are not going to be a standard offering..and I do believe..as I said..that they are temporary...ymmv...also many managers at the BW are a wonderful source of information...
Congrats on the room upgrade!! ..we've stayed in the 2 bedrooms at the BW..so are aware of the furnishings...but the original discussion was about the lack of a table or even a desk in the standard and deluxe rooms ..and many of us do wish there had been a table of some sort included in the renovation...I thought maybe they removed them because it wasn't so important to many people..but based on the replies on the CL thread where this discussion started alot of people really do care about having a table! I hope they'll bring them back eventually...maybe next reno!! Lol...
i know the conversation topic
I don’t know why Lene would tell me they have desks if they aren’t keeping them. The entire conversation centered how both DH and I work at Disney and need desks
but ok
i only tried to share what I learned from the CL manager
outside CL no. I don’t believe they have deals to offer. Only in CL. Granted that’s the only way we stay at BW

i know the conversation topic
I don’t know why Lene would tell me they have desks if they aren’t keeping them. The entire conversation centered how both DH and I work at Disney and need desks
but ok
i only tried to share what I learned from the CL manager
outside CL no. I don’t believe they have deals to offer. Only in CL. Granted that’s the only way we stay at BW
Same here..sharing club level information...time will tell how things evolve...
Can't wait to get that $16 piece of cake and $14 pot of tea.
It's the sad truth...lol...

Does anyone know when the corn dog stand on the boardwalk is going to open? Last I heard was “ later this year”. But in Disney time, that could mean January, lol

Does anyone know when the corn dog stand on the boardwalk is going to open? Last I heard was “ later this year”. But in Disney time, that could mean January, lol
@GADisneyDad14 posted a link a while back..I know it will be reopening as Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs (they do look yummy)..no update tho..still says opening later this year...but your so right..in Disney time that could very well b 2024 😲 ...maybe it will have an opening with the cake bake shop...lol!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter