• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks @GADisbeyDad14..that sounds like a really nice addition to the boardwalk..
@wdwrule terrific pictures..thanks for sharing..and what a great view for a standard room category..I can't recall what that caregory is called now 🤔🤷‍♀️🤣 still you definitely lucked out! Village green is such a nice view...
Thanks! Yes, we must’ve been pixie dusted 😃 The view was stunning… night and day!

I have more BWI questions. I hope this is the right place to ask. We will be on the inn side. I know Epcot is not a far walk. We will likely walk to and from on our Epcot day, but HS seems to be too far for us to walk. I get that it’s close, but probably still too far. What’s the best way to get from BWI to HS? The boat? Does the boat go direct or make multiple stops? What about after Fantasmic? It’s showing Fantasmic to be 30 minutes after park closing. Will the boats or skyliner stop running? How do we get back? Thanks!

I have more BWI questions. I hope this is the right place to ask. We will be on the inn side. I know Epcot is not a far walk. We will likely walk to and from on our Epcot day, but HS seems to be too far for us to walk. I get that it’s close, but probably still too far. What’s the best way to get from BWI to HS? The boat? Does the boat go direct or make multiple stops? What about after Fantasmic? It’s showing Fantasmic to be 30 minutes after park closing. Will the boats or skyliner stop running? How do we get back? Thanks!
The boat is your best option. You will stop at Swan and Dolphin before HS

If you can walk to EPCOT, you could walk to the Skyliner and take that as a secondary option. But, as a PP mentioned, the quickest option (not walking directly to HS) is to take the boat.

My recollection is that the boats operate for a good 30-60 minutes after park closure. Somebody with more experience can probably give you a better estimate how long the boats operate. FWIW, I have never been stranded at a WDW park.

Finally, depending on which end of BWI you are staying, you maybe actually about 50/50 distance from EP and HS. That is just some eyeball math, not anything scientific.

If you walk over to the Swan/Dolphin boat stop, it will go to DHS without making any more stops.

There may be a long wait for the boat after Fantasmic, because the boat doesn't hold a lot of people.

If walking is too much and you don't want to take the boat, you can always Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van.

Thanks! Yes, this may be the night we try out the Minnie Van. We've always wanted to but usually just utilize the buses (former Pop stays).

We will be in connected rooms (if we get our request). Based on the touring plans guide to rooms, that will put us near the convention center I think.

The boat stops at 10pm. Up until then take the boat. After 10pm I would rideshare/MV. Start checking for a MV as soon as you leave F! if that’s what you want, sometimes after a night show demand is so high you can’t get one or you have a long wait.

If you can walk to EPCOT, you could walk to the Skyliner and take that as a secondary option. But, as a PP mentioned, the quickest option (not walking directly to HS) is to take the boat.

Finally, depending on which end of BWI you are staying, you maybe actually about 50/50 distance from EP and HS. That is just some eyeball math, not anything scientific.
Inn side is all the same side. BWV is the other side. That could get you slightly closer than Epcot. From the Inn side, you exit off the lobby, doesn't matter where your room is. Epcot is twice as close to BWI as HS. If you exit through the lobby area from BWV side you are again, much closer to Epcot. If you take the other exits off BWV side you are every so slightly closer to HS than you are off the lobby, but only talking 3 or so min closer. All in all, Epcot is closer by a good bit.

Unless you just like the skyliner, don't take it. You get off at CBR, change lines, than walk back from Epcot and the Skyliner station. Makes ZERO sense. Just walk from HS. It's way faster than a ride on the skyliner. Where you'll find yourself in line twice. Walking beats standing in line 100 times out of 100.

We walk to and from HS. The boat is so LOOOONG. If I am walking to Swan/Dolphin then I may as well walk from HS. You can cut off by the pool and be mostly there by the time you ride and exit at Swan/Dolphin stop. It's less than a mile from BWI to HS. About half that to Epcot.

My recollection is that the boats operate for a good 30-60 minutes after park closure. Somebody with more experience can probably give you a better estimate how long the boats operate. FWIW, I have never been stranded at a WDW park.

When we leave F! We eyeball it. If a boat is just leaving you know the next should be soon and room for you. Usually however it’s a massive line. We next check skyliner. They will ask where you are going since Epcot is usually closed after F! Ends. We just say we taking to get to our resort and let you on, it’s usually not crowded so we do that and the transfer is so quick and easy at CBR.

We often run for A&C because you can sit at the bar unail 11p and if there before 10p can order food. It’s been our go to lately.

We often walk to/from HS to Yc/bc/BWI but it depends on weather and our day what makes us choose which option.

So I agree skyliner works at times. It’s a lovely ride and better than standing in a boat line. I hate standing. 😅

When we leave F! We eyeball it. If a boat is just leaving you know the next should be soon and room for you. Usually however it’s a massive line. We next check skyliner. They will ask where you are going since Epcot is usually closed after F! Ends. We just say we taking to get to our resort and let you on, it’s usually not crowded so we do that and the transfer is so quick and easy at CBR.

We often run for A&C because you can sit at the bar unail 11p and if there before 10p can order food. It’s been our go to lately.

We often walk to/from HS to Yc/bc/BWI but it depends on weather and our day what makes us choose which option.

So I agree skyliner works at times. It’s a lovely ride and better than standing in a boat line. I hate standing. 😅
@trishadono what great and detailed advice of all options! Thank you! 😊

@mrsap thanks for all of the pictures..sure gives us a good idea of the ongoing work at/on the boardwalk..hope that you and your family are have a fun vacay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter