• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi, I just booked BWI for my husband and I’s next stay using the bounceback offer. WL, Poly, and BC were all unavailable. YC, BWI, and GF were all available, but BWI was the best option price wise. We never stayed in the Epcot area before and have never rode the skyliner. Any advice? We have a resort view booked. Thank you!
I will offer that Boardwalk Joe's has amazing dole whips...and you can get spiced rum in them. Something for your walk to Epcot

Boardwalk Deli would be quick service i guess..if you're referring to the DDP...the Flatbread pizza at the pool bar is surprisingly yum.
When it comes to food when I stay there I depend on epcot primarily however.
As for the room I have always stayed the DVC side....so BWI I can't speak to...maybe someone else can
But here is a link to a map with views:https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-boardwalk-inn

We're arriving at Boardwalk (our first time at a deluxe resort!) late morning on 10/2, probably close to noon by the time we Uber over from the airport. We want to spend the afternoon relaxing at the resort. Looking at potential lunch options. Will the To-Go Kiosk be open? We really want something quick and are happy with carnival fare/junk food. I know there's also a pizza window. Either one better than the other? We aren't picky eaters. Just want to grab some food and hit the pool.

We're arriving at Boardwalk (our first time at a deluxe resort!) late morning on 10/2, probably close to noon by the time we Uber over from the airport. We want to spend the afternoon relaxing at the resort. Looking at potential lunch options. Will the To-Go Kiosk be open? We really want something quick and are happy with carnival fare/junk food. I know there's also a pizza window. Either one better than the other? We aren't picky eaters. Just want to grab some food and hit the pool.
Arrive with your suits in a bag.. and go right to the pool...there are lockers..and have food there....the last 2 times there we made a beaches and Cream reservation to officially open the vacation by pigging out. Might be worth consideration

Hahaha, yes that's our plan! Separate bag with swim wear. Drop the big luggage with bell services and go.

We were thinking Beaches and Cream for dinner that night. Realistically, how much of a walk is it for two slow moving ladies?

Hahaha, yes that's our plan! Separate bag with swim wear. Drop the big luggage with bell services and go.

We were thinking Beaches and Cream for dinner that night. Realistically, how much of a walk is it for two slow moving ladies?
It's a bit of a walk..but catch the boat FROM epcot to Hollywood Studios....boardwalk is the first stop...beach club 2nd.

Last edited:

Hi, I just booked BWI for my husband and I’s next stay using the bounceback offer. WL, Poly, and BC were all unavailable. YC, BWI, and GF were all available, but BWI was the best option price wise. We never stayed in the Epcot area before and have never rode the skyliner. Any advice? We have a resort view booked. Thank you!

If you are staying at BWI, you probably will walk or take the boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. You probably won't use the skyliner unless you think it would be fun.

We are staying in a CL room and I know it comes with a mini cooler. Does it have a freezer in it or just refrig? Thanks for any info.
No freezer..just a mini cooler...
You are in for a very pleasant surprise! "Epcot" area resorts are absolutely lovely...
For a resort view room I would recommend requesting a 2nd floor room (this is lobby level) close to lobby..these room have a lovely garden view..and are super convenient to the Carousel Coffee Shop..the Bellevue Lounge (now only open from 5pm on) and a simple flight of stairs out to the boardwalk...(theres a dedicated elevator that is also available) ..morning ..afternoon or evenings around Crescent Lake are so nice..over on the BW side there is wonderful music playing..great places to sit and just enjoy the ambiance..you are a quick boat ride to Epcot..World Showcase is particularly nice in the morning...and stopping over at Yacht and Beach Club...as PP mentioned..Boardwalk Joes!! Highly recommend a Captain's Seaside Sensation..dole whip plus spiced rum..scrumptious...the feature pool has alot more activity...but is a nice place to relax..Leaping Horse Libations has great frosty drinks and yummy food too..the quiet pool on the inn side is also a great spot...fun to watch the evening fireworks on the bridge between the BW and the BC also..and you can stop for an ice cream on the BW to end the evening...thats all I can think of..for now...lol..it's a lovely resort...hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!
Eta..lol.. lots of good dining...Flying Fish Trattoria al Forno..and a fun time at Abracadabar...
I will offer that Boardwalk Joe's has amazing dole whips...and you can get spiced rum in them. Something for your walk to Epcot
Excellent idea!!! Lol.
The To Go Kiosk hasn't been open in quite some time unfortunately...if you'd like to dine poolside Leaping Horse Libations has a small menu..some sandwiches salads and a ciabatta roll pizza...Boardwalk Deli has some sandwiches too...those would b the closest quick options..pizza window is fine..but never quick..lol...hth...

Had a recent 3 night stay at BWI and loved it! First time staying at this resort and it was so convenient to walk to Epcot and HS. Requested high floor standard room (2 queen with daybed for 5 adults) and ended up with an amazing view from the 5th floor. Plenty of space for us in that room. DD19 thought the daybed was comfortable and she fit with room to spare. Very lovely! I’ll include some pics from our balcony view and others:

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0424.jpeg

IMG_0436.jpeg

IMG_0430.jpeg

IMG_0490.jpeg

We had a lovely dinner on arrival night at Trattoria and in the mornings it was convenient to mobile order pastries and breakfast sandwiches from the Boardwalk Deli before hitting the parks. Overall, very nice.

The To Go Kiosk hasn't been open in quite some time unfortunately...if you'd like to dine poolside Leaping Horse Libations has a small menu..some sandwiches salads and a ciabatta roll pizza...Boardwalk Deli has some sandwiches too...those would b the closest quick options..pizza window is fine..but never quick..lol...hth...
Oh, bummer. Pizza window should be fine then. I'll check the poolside menu too. Thank you.

No freezer..just a mini cooler...

You are in for a very pleasant surprise! "Epcot" area resorts are absolutely lovely...
For a resort view room I would recommend requesting a 2nd floor room (this is lobby level) close to lobby..these room have a lovely garden view..and are super convenient to the Carousel Coffee Shop..the Bellevue Lounge (now only open from 5pm on) and a simple flight of stairs out to the boardwalk...(theres a dedicated elevator that is also available) ..morning ..afternoon or evenings around Crescent Lake are so nice..over on the BW side there is wonderful music playing..great places to sit and just enjoy the ambiance..you are a quick boat ride to Epcot..World Showcase is particularly nice in the morning...and stopping over at Yacht and Beach Club...as PP mentioned..Boardwalk Joes!! Highly recommend a Captain's Seaside Sensation..dole whip plus spiced rum..scrumptious...the feature pool has alot more activity...but is a nice place to relax..Leaping Horse Libations has great frosty drinks and yummy food too..the quiet pool on the inn side is also a great spot...fun to watch the evening fireworks on the bridge between the BW and the BC also..and you can stop for an ice cream on the BW to end the evening...thats all I can think of..for now...lol..it's a lovely resort...hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!
Eta..lol.. lots of good dining...Flying Fish Trattoria al Forno..and a fun time at Abracadabar...

Excellent idea!!! Lol.

pretty sure they’ve announced a redo for the to go kiosk. Forget to what exactly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter