Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

New to Boardwalk! Taking a short mom/daughter mid August and were going to stay a night at Boardwalk.

Three room types are available for the same price - Standard View; Deluxe Studio Standard View, and Boardwalk Villas - Deluxe Studio standard view. Which of these would be the best option? We'd REALLY like a balcony! Thanks so much!

Aren't these two the same thing?
Deluxe Studio Standard View
Boardwalk Villas - Deluxe Studio standard view

There aren't any studios at BoardWalk Inn.

I assume the first one you have listed ("Standard View") is at BoardWalk Inn rather than BoardWalk Villas.

Curious about everyone’s favorite places to sit and chill around BWI. Work is crazy and I need ideas for my daydreams about relaxing on vacation with a nice beverage in hand and possibly a little people-watching or soaking up being in the Disney bubble.

Curious about everyone’s favorite places to sit and chill around BWI. Work is crazy and I need ideas for my daydreams about relaxing on vacation with a nice beverage in hand and possibly a little people-watching or soaking up being in the Disney bubble.
The Belle Vue lounge, inside or out on balcony. Out on the porch outside the lobby. Under the porch, there are usually some Adirondack chairs, we have sat there before to get out of the sun/rain.

My favorite place to sit and relax with a drink in my hand, is next to the pool, in a lounge chair! Preferably the main pool, just because I like listening to music. If you’re looking to relax in peace and quiet, I would highly suggest the pool over by the cottages. Enjoy!!! 🍹🏝️

Lots of good suggestions already, but I wanted to add that I really enjoy the benches around Crescent Lake. During the day, it’s surprisingly peaceful near Jellyrolls and you can sit and enjoy the music and the water and the Disney atmosphere.

Lots of good suggestions already, but I wanted to add that I really enjoy the benches around Crescent Lake. During the day, it’s surprisingly peaceful near Jellyrolls and you can sit and enjoy the music and the water and the Disney atmosphere.
Yes to the benches around crescent lake. Also Boardwalk Joes has some pretty decent cocktails (dole whip with rum for example). I forget if you can consume food or beverages on the boats to and from the resorts and Studios/Epcot but that would be the ultimate in people watching as families head to and from the parks.

You can also make a boat crawl of it...bouncing around Crescent Lake and its many watering holes.

Last edited:
My favorite place to sit and relax with a drink in my hand, is next to the pool, in a lounge chair! Preferably the main pool, just because I like listening to music. If you’re looking to relax in peace and quiet, I would highly suggest the pool over by the cottages. Enjoy!!! 🍹🏝️
But that one is sooo far from Leaping Libations :)

New to Boardwalk! Taking a short mom/daughter mid August and were going to stay a night at Boardwalk.

Three room types are available for the same price - Standard View; Deluxe Studio Standard View, and Boardwalk Villas - Deluxe Studio standard view. Which of these would be the best option? We'd REALLY like a balcony! Thanks so much!
I would pick Boardwalk  Inn - standard view for a newly refurbished room with 2 queen beds.

I'm staying at Boardwalk in August. Depending on whether or not the flight prices come down, I may be driving so I'll have my car. For Magic Kingdom specifically, is it faster/easier to drive from boardwalk to the parking area and taking the monorail/boat to MK? Or does it just make sense to take the bus from BW to MK?

I'm staying at Boardwalk in August. Depending on whether or not the flight prices come down, I may be driving so I'll have my car. For Magic Kingdom specifically, is it faster/easier to drive from boardwalk to the parking area and taking the monorail/boat to MK? Or does it just make sense to take the bus from BW to MK?

Hands-down, bus is faster. The parking lot at the TTC is huge and can really add to the overall commute time, beyond just waiting for the monorail or ferry.

Just got our final itinerary emails and my room and my son's room are both still at the Inn with our Garden View. We arrive May 18th.

My parents had a Water View though and their email now says Boardwalk Villas. They didn't get a call from anyone letting them know they had been moved and MDE still has them at the Inn. Email automation error or MDE not updating yet??? 🤷‍♀️

Just got our final itinerary emails and my room and my son's room are both still at the Inn with our Garden View. We arrive May 18th.

My parents had a Water View though and their email now says Boardwalk Villas. They didn't get a call from anyone letting them know they had been moved and MDE still has them at the Inn. Email automation error or MDE not updating yet??? 🤷‍♀️
In the app under Resort Hotel OR Future plans tap room details. It will show room type there. If you get upgrade you will see room type there as well.

In the app under Resort Hotel OR Future plans tap room details. It will show room type there. If you get upgrade you will see room type there as well.
MDE still has them at the Inn with a water view. The email they got this morning said Villas though. I am leaning toward it being an email automation error...

Trattoria al Forno and Pizza Window at Disney's BoardWalk Closing for Short Refurbishment in June

Guests visiting Disney's BoardWalk later this spring should keep in mind that Trattoria al Forno and the Pizza Window will be closed for refurbishment from June 11-17, 2023. While the restaurant is closed, limited breakfast offerings will be available at Flying Fish.

The Pizza Window will be moved to a temporary location, so Guests may continue to enjoy pizza throughout the closure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter