Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We’ve never stayed at this resort but it is a good possibility for late summer. I looked at the first several pages of this thread, but couldn’t find anything about room square footage. We are 5 adults (2 adults with 3 college aged). Is there a big difference in space between the standard inn rooms and the deluxe studios? Any recommendations for one over the other?

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been answered, and Google isn’t giving me the info I want. Are there places to refill water bottles at BWI? First time staying, and we’re planning on bringing cases of water, but it’s good to know just in case. Last year I nearly overheated one day and would rather avoid a repeat experience 😅 TIA!
I don’t know if things will change as part of the renovations, but as far as I know, there were no water bottle filling stations.

Was wondering if the room doors on the Inn side are metal? Was thinking of making magnets like we do for the cruise ship.

I also got the call today for two standard room reservations from 5/6-5/13, but we were switched to Yacht Club! I originally booked there due to noise concerns with renovation, but then got a bigger discount at BWI, so I switched there. Now we get YC without renovation noise, hopefully, for the BWI price!
Do you think it’s worth a to see if I can get YC instead of BWV ? I didn’t even think about that being an option. It may be too late now since they were making calls yesterday.

Do you think it’s worth a to see if I can get YC instead of BWV ? I didn’t even think about that being an option. It may be too late now since they were making calls yesterday.
It never hurts to ask! They may have been trying to distribute those of us they moved between BWV and YC, so there could have been limited space at both. But give it a try, so at least you won’t keep thinking about what could have been!

We’ve never stayed at this resort but it is a good possibility for late summer. I looked at the first several pages of this thread, but couldn’t find anything about room square footage. We are 5 adults (2 adults with 3 college aged). Is there a big difference in space between the standard inn rooms and the deluxe studios? Any recommendations for one over the other?
Don’t know if I’d try 5 in a studio at BWV personally. We’ve been in the 1 bedroom with a blow up mattress.

Don’t know if I’d try 5 in a studio at BWV personally. We’ve been in the 1 bedroom with a blow up mattress.
That’s what I was wondering too. My DD is 5 ft even and I thought she’d be ok in the pull down and she’d get a kick out of it. We’d only be there for two nights and we’re open to close park people so we wouldn’t be in the room much. Still debating though…

Our son 6 feet and 215 has slept on that pull-down and said it has fine. Just real tight in that floor space with 5 people that’s all
Would the regular Inn room have more floor space? I’m pretty sure the standards come with 2 queens and a day bed.

I may want to switch our CR resort to BWI because of my dates and price point. Has BWI had any sort of refresh lately on rooms? Sounds like the pool slide is open- we are going in June.

I may want to switch our CR resort to BWI because of my dates and price point. Has BWI had any sort of refresh lately on rooms? Sounds like the pool slide is open- we are going in June.
The Inn side is being refurbished now. Search the Internet for photos of the new decor in the standard rooms. The Villas side is due for full refurbishment, hopefully but not definitely starting later in 2023.

Hi all! Is anyone at the Boardwalk right now? A friend is there, and noticed a sign that says the shuttle to Magic Kingdom started at 9am today. Why is that? Early park entry started at 8:30am today. I'm wondering if my friend is mistaken? They are worried about catching the bus tomorrow, to get there in time for early park entry. TIA!

Hi all! Is anyone at the Boardwalk right now? A friend is there, and noticed a sign that says the shuttle to Magic Kingdom started at 9am today. Why is that? Early park entry started at 8:30am today. I'm wondering if my friend is mistaken? They are worried about catching the bus tomorrow, to get there in time for early park entry. TIA!
In the app tap the 3 lines bottom right, then tap resort hotel. In that they show bus times when at wdw. It won’t show from home FYI.

Disney is terrible with transportation communication. I have seen monorail is currently closed and walked to the platform and boarded it.

Have her check 1st thing in morning to see what 1st time is. Dd and I check bus stop 1st on our way out in the morning. if bus coming soon we wait, if it’s more than 15-20 mins we grab a quick ride share, However to MK it drops you at the TTC. A minivan is expensive but drops you at the main gate where buses load.

MK opened at 9 today, so maybe they misunderstood the sign. Generally buses start running about an hour before early opening, so around 7:30 for 8:30 early entry, and it’s suggested they be at the stop about 30 minutes before that (so 7:00 AM) if they want to be on the first bus and near the front of the early entry crowd.

I was moved from the Inn to the Villas for early May trip.

I received a call from Disney a few weeks ago to ask if I would move from my standard view room at the Inn to the Villas in a standard view studio. I said no because I'm traveling with my DD and one of us would have to sleep on the pullout. I'd rather have the two queens beds. I said they could move me to Beach or Yacht club but they weren't willing to do that.

They called back last week and offered us a one bedroom villa (still standard view). I did accept this move even though one of us will still have to sleep on the pullout in the living room but I think this is totally worth the upgrade with the full kitchen ,washer/dryer and more room for both of us to get ready in the morning.

Just wanted to pass this along because I think they are really needing to move people and you may be able to negotiate the offer.

I'm off to research grocery delivery since we will have the full kitchen. I've never had groceries delivered before, any suggestions that may include wine?

Good luck to all those needing to move! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter