• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Arrived yesterday and given an un refurbished inn side room. I ran to check in but none were available. He did move us to a water view with a large balcony. These rooms used to be part of cl before they stopped using rooms outside of the cl door. 4261/3/5.

Both 3rd and 4 th floor rooms on cl side of resort are still old style. I checked and cl door is not locked and I could see some lights on in a few rooms. We were so disappointed but loved the balcony and waltched MK’s fireworks and all the action below last night.

They left dd a cute lil treat bag too! (birthday)

I was up at 1;30am to get to the airport yesterday . Had a long day but when I arrived DD had to work so I planned to go to HS to hang with my friends. Once I found dole whip on the boardwalk I decided to walk and enjoy the sunny day!View attachment 746942View attachment 746943View attachment 746944View attachment 746945View attachment 746946View attachment 746948
Awesome pics/love the balcony view. Where are they offering Dole Whips on the Boardwalk? Was there in February and didn't notice. ;) Enjoy.

September. 7 Months to the day was when I submitted.

They were shutout on Poly studios as well! I'm fine with it, and it was cheaper to do SSR than the Hilton Buena Vista Palace after we added in the resort fees and parking. (Thanks to Bob Iger for rolling back parking fees!!!).
And happy to be inside the Disney 'bubble' for the first time! :smooth:
SS is beautiful and you can walk to DS.

Are the villas being renovated also? Are the rooms done?
A full renovation of the villas was expected to begin later this year. Now that the soft "refresh" of the Beach Club Villas has been delayed (they did 2 floors of 5, have stopped, and the website now says they'll finish in "late fall" instead of next month), we're not sure whether that means a delay to the BWV refurb or not.

I know this is super subjective but always wanted to stay BWV as we love the resort and going to WDW in July. Was looking to rent DVC points for a split stay. In your opinion...Worth it??

Will have a 5 year old with us on his second trip. Obviously would love a refreshed room but wouldn't be heart broken if we didn't get it. Is the construction really obnoxious and in your face? DVC rental prices aren't exactly cheap considering the refurb being done.

I know this is super subjective but always wanted to stay BWV as we love the resort and going to WDW in July. Was looking to rent DVC points for a split stay. In your opinion...Worth it??

Will have a 5 year old with us on his second trip. Obviously would love a refreshed room but wouldn't be heart broken if we didn't get it. Is the construction really obnoxious and in your face? DVC rental prices aren't exactly cheap considering the refurb being done.

a) Not sure how much availability there would be to book BWV at 4 months out. I suspect standard view is gone; members typically book those early to save on points.

b) BWV refurb has not started yet.

Any news on the BWI room refurb. We are arriving in April for the Inn side and I booked it since this thread mentioned it would be a refurbed room. Now I am thinking I will not get a refurbed room. Has it been delayed? Anyone know of dates?

Any news on the BWI room refurb. We are arriving in April for the Inn side and I booked it since this thread mentioned it would be a refurbed room. Now I am thinking I will not get a refurbed room. Has it been delayed? Anyone know of dates?
You’ll get a refurbed room.

Any BWI experts here that can answer this for me? If you book a non-CL water view room on the Inn side, how likely are you to be on the front promenade, as in right over Trattoria, Boardwalk Ice Cream, Abracadabra etc? We stayed CL about 10 years ago, and it seemed most of the rooms actually on the front promenade are CL or suites. I wouldn't mind a room over Flying Fish, but much further back and I might feel a bit gypped paying for the water view.
TIA!

Any BWI experts here that can answer this for me? If you book a non-CL water view room on the Inn side, how likely are you to be on the front promenade, as in right over Trattoria, Boardwalk Ice Cream, Abracadabra etc? We stayed CL about 10 years ago, and it seemed most of the rooms actually on the front promenade are CL or suites. I wouldn't mind a room over Flying Fish, but much further back and I might feel a bit gypped paying for the water view.
TIA!
I booked a deluxe club level room in December and we were on the 3rd floor directly above the bakery (great view of the night time shows) I believe the 4th floors above us were also club level. The second floor would be non club level rooms.

A full renovation of the villas was expected to begin later this year. Now that the soft "refresh" of the Beach Club Villas has been delayed (they did 2 floors of 5, have stopped, and the website now says they'll finish in "late fall" instead of next month), we're not sure whether that means a delay to the BWV refurb or not.

We're probably staying in BWV in mid Jan of 2024. I wonder if they'll be done with the refurb by then.

Honestly for us , BWV are pretty much the perfect location and I always request the same section. great views and easy to get to the parks that we visit most (Epcot and HS).

We're probably staying in BWV in mid Jan of 2024. I wonder if they'll be done with the refurb by then.

Honestly for us , BWV are pretty much the perfect location and I always request the same section. great views and easy to get to the parks that we visit most (Epcot and HS).
I wouldn’t count on it. With the BCV refurb pushed back to “late fall,” I wouldn’t be surprised if starting BWV interiors is pushed back too. And ALL Standard view villas are blocked from booking from January 1 through sometime in February, so presumably some kind of exterior work will be happening there during that time.

You’ll get a refurbed room.

TIA!
Ok since I was bumped from April trip from Cl to another resort I booked last weekend to see the new rooms.

The section in the back which is only floors one and two looked done. For the inn side that needs the elevator to access floors 3-5 here’s what I found. When you exited the elevator the hallway left had the new carpet. The halls to the right did not. I walked down the hall to where the cl desk was. It was empty. The locked door was unlocked. I walked to the end and no rooms appeared to be worked on.

We were in room 4263 which is just before the cl door. Our room only had pant hangers in the closet. The next day a cm had a rolling rack in the hall full of hangers. When we left at 11a about 10 rooms had their doors propped open and there were less hangers on the rack.

It appeared to me they were restocking the rooms.

So the water view rooms are in the section not yet done. I don’t know how they do construction and keep that section open with noise?

I feel we will just have to wait for more hands on reporting. I know someone that has cl booked starting 4/30. I told her to book a backup elsewhere. I wish we hadnt canceled our back up. Lesson learned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter