Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I'm wondering if anyone has heard a timeline for the Boardwalk Inn refurbishments. Mainly concerned with when the rooms will be completed. Not sure anything's been started besides the lobby. Thanks.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard a timeline for the Boardwalk Inn refurbishments. Mainly concerned with when the rooms will be completed. Not sure anything's been started besides the lobby. Thanks.
I know as of right now the 2nd half (final room grouping) is due to begin on 3/11
I didn’t get a completion date on that but rooms are back in inventory in April so I’m thinking they are looking at about 6 weeks or so for each group

ok so now i have 3 questions for all you bw experts. we are renting points and currently have a boardwalk view studio.

#1 - is there a specific floor/area we should request based on your experience?
#2 - how loud is the boardwalk view really? kids are 5 and 2 and sleep with a sound machine, plus we dont normally go back for naps or anything like that
#3 - we have stayed bcv last year and have stayed bc and yc a few times, and we love it there, but wanted to mix it up and stay at bw this time (we have never stayed). those who have stayed both, do you think we will regret it? i can put in a request to move to bcv (although its not guaranteed) so was just curious.
We have stayed at both BC and BWV and love both for different reasons. We had a ground floor pool view this last trip (usually get Boardwalk view) and it turned out to be pretty awesome because we were at the very end of the hall, by the exit to the HS walkway, so our walk to HS was cut shorter by about 10 minutes compared to when we walked from the BC. We were also literally 30 seconds from the quiet pool and a couple nights we had it almost all to ourselves. The kids ran to the bigger pool for the slide a couple times, but they didn't even care because it was so nice to be close to our room.

The noise from the Boardwalk never bothered me but I recall my husband mentioning he could hear it. I think it's really up to whether or not you are a sound sleeper. It's definitely nice to have the Boardwalk view and you could catch the fireworks although I'm not sure if that is still the case with Harmonious.

The entertainment on the Boardwalk when you come back to your room at night is just awesome! It makes leaving the park easy to do and something you definitely want to take advantage of. I know when we stayed at BC we could still walk over to the Boardwalk but it just wasn't something we did when weren't actually staying at BW.

Have a blast, we had the best trip ever this last one and stayed 5 nights at BW and 2 at AK. Boardwalk was awesome! Also, stop by the Community Hall if you have a chance, they might have some fun crafts for the kids to do, maybe not for the 2yo but the 5 yo will love it.

The room refurb schedule seems fast to me. They can't be doing a whole lot in that time frame, can they? Anyone know what they are doing - just bedding and maybe some paint?

The room refurb schedule seems fast to me. They can't be doing a whole lot in that time frame, can they? Anyone know what they are doing - just bedding and maybe some paint?
Same stuff they've done at all resorts of late. No major construction, replacement of all furnishings from the floor up. Bedding and paint is included.
What I was told is they are going to work all floors on half the resort at once, finish that and then move to the other half.
Which may explain why it seems fast, they are doing a bunch of rooms at the same time. No guests in that half to work around.

Have they posted any photos of the new room design? Are they doing club-level rooms also?
No.
There was a test hall where you could see some of it but I was told not to count on that being the end product. I guess what you can see there isn't what was chosen in the end.

They are doing every single room in the Inn. Well, I have not specifically been told that the Cottages are included but I can't see them doing every room but those so I'm just assuming they are included.
CL is in the 2nd half. That's why I got the dates. DGD wanted to stay on her birthday, which happens to be the day they are set to close
Since it hasn't started I guess things can always change if dates slip but that's the current plan as of 2 weeks ago, to start the 2nd half on 3/11

with the free parking back, I have a question. I rented DVC points and will be staying at BWV. Will the free parking apply to me that rented the points and not the owner? thanks

with the free parking back, I have a question. I rented DVC points and will be staying at BWV. Will the free parking apply to me that rented the points and not the owner? thanks
The owner you rented from already paid for parking, in the form of membership fees that cover maintenance of the parking lot (and other common areas). You would not have been charged for parking even if Disney had not changed that policy.

Is there a place to get a burger to go? Ive been scoping the menus but don’t see anything. Wr arrive after 8pm, have a 3yo and would prefer to pick something up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter