Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Verifying that I'm getting the right info- with a 1bdrm DVC villa they do not offer any sort of roll away or cot?
I initially read "no additional bedding" and figured that meant no extra pillows, blankets, etc... but just realized they mean they can't even get us a roll away bed for the 5th person.
Does anyone have a good lightweight camping mattress or something they recommend? (we weren't sure our 5th person would even come, so now that it's confirmed trying to get something we can fly there with)

Verifying that I'm getting the right info- with a 1bdrm DVC villa they do not offer any sort of roll away or cot?
I initially read "no additional bedding" and figured that meant no extra pillows, blankets, etc... but just realized they mean they can't even get us a roll away bed for the 5th person.
Does anyone have a good lightweight camping mattress or something they recommend? (we weren't sure our 5th person would even come, so now that it's confirmed trying to get something we can fly there with)

My understanding is that DVC is not supposed to provide you with any sort of rollaway or cot. (And by "my understanding" I mean that I have never tried personally.) You might get an occasional person who reports that they did manage to get one, but you're not supposed to. People do bring air mattresses. Sorry I can't personally recommend one.

I assume you booked on points - the rule is that you can have 5 people if you book with points but only 4 people if you have a cash reservation.

we have always just brought an air mattress.

we have always just brought an air mattress.
Thinking I want something lightweight so I dont' have to treck it everywhere. Since you've done it- does standard twin sized air mattress fit nicely?
My understanding is that DVC is not supposed to provide you with any sort of rollaway or cot. (And by "my understanding" I mean that I have never tried personally.) You might get an occasional person who reports that they did manage to get one, but you're not supposed to. People do bring air mattresses. Sorry I can't personally recommend one.

I assume you booked on points - the rule is that you can have 5 people if you book with points but only 4 people if you have a cash reservation.
Yes- on points. All five names are on there and we got bands, I just want to give my kids the option of not being a pack of sardines.

Thinking I want something lightweight so I dont' have to treck it everywhere. Since you've done it- does standard twin sized air mattress fit nicely?

Yes- on points. All five names are on there and we got bands, I just want to give my kids the option of not being a pack of sardines.
it's a tight fit, and if you want to spend any time in the room, you will likely want to stand it up against the wall during the day, but it does fit. We have done it many many times.

No. specifically stated in the final sentence that half will close at a time
maybe I wasn’t clear
I said, half the resort will close first. From the elevator bank to the front.
Then the other half will close, from the elevator back to the water
at no time will the entire resort be closed
okay thanks, I got that but in my head that didn't seem like enough time to finish one half before starting the second half, so i assumed both halves would overlap. Anyone, i canceled the trip (for other reasons) so it is a moot point lol Hoping to go in September now when hopefully its all put back together!

:)

okay thanks, I got that but in my head that didn't seem like enough time to finish one half before starting the second half, so i assumed both halves would overlap. Anyone, i canceled the trip (for other reasons) so it is a moot point lol Hoping to go in September now when hopefully its all put back together!

:)
Sorry you had to cancel
for the redo they are doing this is enough time
it’s not major work
i mean it’s more than soft goods but it’s not reworking construction of rooms like converting to DVC or something would require

I have a possible stay in a deluxe studio pool garden view location. My dates are March 29th through April 4th.

I've stayed in Boardwalk Inn before but never in the villas. Can someone tell me where the elevators are on that side of the house? Also room requests for the highest floor, since I use a scooter and it's easier to get on an elevator before other guests are, and love sitting on the balcony, so any recommendations would be great.

The villa and resorts are all combined for each resort. I’ve always been curious as to why but that’s how it is in the Resorts forum
There is a DVC forum you can check that’s more DVC dedicated

thanks. i had found a bcv forum for last years stay but maybe that was just a 1 off because i couldnt really find any others.

ok so now i have 3 questions for all you bw experts. we are renting points and currently have a boardwalk view studio.

#1 - is there a specific floor/area we should request based on your experience?
#2 - how loud is the boardwalk view really? kids are 5 and 2 and sleep with a sound machine, plus we dont normally go back for naps or anything like that
#3 - we have stayed bcv last year and have stayed bc and yc a few times, and we love it there, but wanted to mix it up and stay at bw this time (we have never stayed). those who have stayed both, do you think we will regret it? i can put in a request to move to bcv (although its not guaranteed) so was just curious.

I have a possible stay in a deluxe studio pool garden view location. My dates are March 29th through April 4th.

I've stayed in Boardwalk Inn before but never in the villas. Can someone tell me where the elevators are on that side of the house? Also room requests for the highest floor, since I use a scooter and it's easier to get on an elevator before other guests are, and love sitting on the balcony, so any recommendations would be great.
They are just off the lobby, on the Villa side, not far from the new coffee shop.
Since the lobby is on the 2nd floor I'm not sure the "request highest floor so you get on before other guests" works at BWV. This particular resort seems to have guests getting on 2 the most for that reason. At least on the Villa side you don't have the 2 elevator issue the Inn side has

Is there a different thread specifically for bwv?

Your question has been answered but generally speaking hotel side content is best here on the Resorts Board and Villa side content goes on the DVC Resorts Board. There are “main threads” for many/most of the DVC resorts on the DVC Resorts Board, although as the DIS is generally a user-initiated content kind of place, some threads are more active than others.

That said, there are inevitable overlaps here on the Resorts Board as aspects of the resorts with both hotel and DVC sides are so intertwined sometimes there’s not a clean division, or need for one. Some of the OPs of the “main threads” here on the Resorts Board include DVC-side info in their threads, some don’t. A lot of more active DISers tend to dabble in both locations and will chime in on posts, although some DVC pros tend to only stick to the DVC section so you can sometimes get more info there.

Long winded answer but hope that makes sense!

They are just off the lobby, on the Villa side, not far from the new coffee shop.
Since the lobby is on the 2nd floor I'm not sure the "request highest floor so you get on before other guests" works at BWV. This particular resort seems to have guests getting on 2 the most for that reason. At least on the Villa side you don't have the 2 elevator issue the Inn side has
Thanks! Is a an elevator from the ground floor all the way up, or do you still need to get to the lobby to take the Villa side elevator - for coming from Epcot or DHS? Or do you have to take the Inn side ground floor to the 2nd floor, then cross through the lobby to get to the Villa side elevator. Sorry, I've never even gone through the lobby to the Villa side....

Thanks! Is a an elevator from the ground floor all the way up, or do you still need to get to the lobby to take the Villa side elevator - for coming from Epcot or DHS?
The elevator goes from the ground Boardwalk Level, and goes up to the top floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter